Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 22:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Great Resource for Probability, Perm. & Combinations pro

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Great Resource for Probability, Perm. & Combinations pro [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2004, 11:16
Guys,

Please check out the link I have added in the resources section (in MATH category) on our home page. It is an excellent source of practice for Probability, Permutations and Combinations problems.

Definately visit this link and try to solve the problems from Chapter 12. From what I have seen, I can almost gurantee you that you will see all sort of variations on the concepts of prob/perm/comb. You may not need additional practice once you are finished with these problem sets and you will feel VERY confident.

Let me know what you think.

-buds
CEO
CEO
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 661 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2004, 11:21
Its a great resource.

http://www.saigon.com:8081/~tuan/math/

guys, please learn concepts from any problem you solve, not just how to solve a specific problem.

Praetorian
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Praet [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2004, 11:44
I am a manager all of a sudden. Which is cool. Thanks if you promoted me. :)

Anyway, I want your opinion.

What do you think if we create a new forum link just to discuss these problems (problems from this particular website I posted)? They are so many and they cover so many different concepts, that people are definately going to have questions about how to solve them. There is no explaination given for the answers. My questions from advanced MATH forum are mostly from this website.

I will tell you my experience, when I was solving these (in fact I have not completed even 1/3rd of the total yet), lot of times I was not getting the right answer. So, I had to play around, try differnt things, just to get an answer that matches the given answer. This way you learn the concept. But, other people can benefit from this, if someone already knows the procedure, concept that needs to be used to solve a certain problem.

This forum can pretty much clear all the concepts on these topics and it will be a quick One-Stop-shop for everyone, where you will find the reference to different concepts, different ways to solve problems and different theories behind the solutions.

Let me know what you think.

-buds
CEO
CEO
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 661 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2004, 22:35
Right now, I think we can simply post the problems in the regular forum. its really the fastest way to get a response. Once the thread is resolved, scroll to the bottom of the thread, and at the bottom left, there is a link "add to favorites" ... simply click on that and it will create a Forum style favorites database.

What will help further would be to have a clear subject for the posts... this will ensure its easier for guys to find stuff related to this website.

As much as i would like to create a new forum, with time, the forum system will become difficult to manage. Plus i am sure it will kill participation if we have more forums. We can make the probability problems a sticky post , but again, its best to have one problem per thread. its neater and helps people who join the discussion later.

Hope this helps.
Praetorian
  [#permalink] 29 Sep 2004, 22:35