Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 11:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Great set of podcasts on business/economics

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [1] , given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Great set of podcasts on business/economics [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2009, 05:53
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
This seemed like the best forum to post this.

http://www.econtalk.org

Quote:
The Library of Economics and Liberty carries a weekly podcast, EconTalk, hosted by Russ Roberts. The talk show features one-on-one discussions with an eclectic mix of authors, professors, Nobel Laureates, entrepreneurs, leaders of charities and businesses, and people on the street. The emphases are on using topical books and the news to illustrate economic principles. Exploring how economics emerges in practice is a primary theme.

This website has a great set of podcasts (about 125 in total). Russ Roberts does a great job of covering the latest in economic news by inviting different guests on and discussing the various economic factors and how they shape the events of the world.

Russ Roberts does speak from a libertarian viewpoint, but he invites guests from all over the political spectrum and does a great job of presenting both his own views and the views of his guests.

I've been listening to these while working out and I've learned a lot so far! The podcasts on the Great Depression and New Deal are great and the one about ticket scalping is a must listen.

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Great set of podcasts on business/economics [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2009, 07:07
refurb wrote:
This seemed like the best forum to post this.

http://www.econtalk.org

Quote:
The Library of Economics and Liberty carries a weekly podcast, EconTalk, hosted by Russ Roberts. The talk show features one-on-one discussions with an eclectic mix of authors, professors, Nobel Laureates, entrepreneurs, leaders of charities and businesses, and people on the street. The emphases are on using topical books and the news to illustrate economic principles. Exploring how economics emerges in practice is a primary theme.

This website has a great set of podcasts (about 125 in total). Russ Roberts does a great job of covering the latest in economic news by inviting different guests on and discussing the various economic factors and how they shape the events of the world.

Russ Roberts does speak from a libertarian viewpoint, but he invites guests from all over the political spectrum and does a great job of presenting both his own views and the views of his guests.

I've been listening to these while working out and I've learned a lot so far! The podcasts on the Great Depression and New Deal are great and the one about ticket scalping is a must listen.

RF

thanks, I will definitely check that out. I have been just getting into podcasts and there is some good stuff out there.
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Great set of podcasts on business/economics [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2009, 07:48
Just to add: I think for anyone with a background in economics or finance, these might be a little too basic, although some of the podcasts delve into history, sociology and other areas, so you guys might still get something out of them.

For people with little finance or economics background (like me), they are very eye opening!

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Great set of podcasts on business/economics [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2009, 13:23
great find!
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Great set of podcasts on business/economics [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2009, 11:12
For anyone who likes science talk......"The Skeptics Guide to the Universe" is an amazing weekly podcast. You can get it from ITunes.

They talk about things ranging from evolution to black holes to medicine to psychology.

They like to debunk people like Jenny Mcarthy for spewing anti vaccination garbage or any type of pseudoscience.

They are very comical though and insanely smart. I encourage anyone with interest to check it out.
Re: Great set of podcasts on business/economics   [#permalink] 16 Feb 2009, 11:12