Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 00:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GSB R1 and R2: Lets the pants pooping commence!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2006, 23:04
Jay, Lich, I'm sorry. I wish you best of luck with the rest you your apps.

lhmcjen, naturallight, welcome to the club! :)
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 03:43
rhyme wrote:
I'm really saddened by the fact that there were no other admits here in R1, and frankly it makes me feel guilty that I got in


Are you serious, man? You surely deserved admit @ GSB more than the rest of us (IMHO). So I am happy that there is justice out there :lol:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1545 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 03:45
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
I'm really saddened by the fact that there were no other admits here in R1, and frankly it makes me feel guilty that I got in


Are you serious, man? You surely deserved admit @ GSB more than the rest of us (IMHO). So I am happy that there is justice out there :lol:


I don't though, thats the thing. I don't have the highest GPA and I don't have the highest GMAT score, and I don't have the most impressive work experience.... In the end, I'm not that different of an applicant than the rest of you. I certainly don't have 7 years of supply chain mgmt exp in the healthcare industry! I may have earned this, but I didn't deserve this anymore than anyone else here.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 82
Location: Michigan
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 05:45
Being a R2 applicant, I've found this string interesting but definitely not uplifting. However, as people pontificate about reasons why they got waitlisted, I wonder what those of you waitlisted were looking at studying at GSB. Investment banking? Finance? If so, I feel that the level of dings/waitlist may have more to do with very strong "pools" looking to get into investment banking. Perhaps, those looking to get into a different area are the ones who get accepted below 700....just a thought
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 05:49
cmns18 wrote:
Being a R2 applicant, I've found this string interesting but definitely not uplifting. However, as people pontificate about reasons why they got waitlisted, I wonder what those of you waitlisted were looking at studying at GSB. Investment banking? Finance? If so, I feel that the level of dings/waitlist may have more to do with very strong "pools" looking to get into investment banking. Perhaps, those looking to get into a different area are the ones who get accepted below 700....just a thought


I am looking forward to a career switch from SCM to consulting and explicitely told that in my essays. I'm not into IB.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1545 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 06:15
cmns18 wrote:
Being a R2 applicant, I've found this string interesting but definitely not uplifting. However, as people pontificate about reasons why they got waitlisted, I wonder what those of you waitlisted were looking at studying at GSB. Investment banking? Finance? If so, I feel that the level of dings/waitlist may have more to do with very strong "pools" looking to get into investment banking. Perhaps, those looking to get into a different area are the ones who get accepted below 700....just a thought


A good thought, but its not the case. I specifically asked the adcom this some time ago and they explained that your goals are evaluated in terms of completeness and thoroughness of thought, reasonableness (i.e. I saw one person one say their short term goal was CEO) etc - they do not use them to "make" a class that's balanced across concentrations. That is, because so many people end up studying something other than what they said they would study, trying to build a balanced class by looking at supposed stated goals or concentrations is meerly a futile excercise.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Apr 2006
Posts: 116
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 06:47
Helg,

Good luck with Wharton today. This waitlist crap is for the birds!
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 06:49
lhmcjen wrote:
Helg,

Good luck with Wharton today. This waitlist crap is for the birds!


Same to you, man, same to you! :)
Some lucky souls already report admits... and one of them is from Russia. I wonder if it kills my chances? ;)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 177
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 06:55
I'm applying in R2 and would love to go to Chicago.

But I think too much value is put into Chicago's #1 ranking. App volume is up everywhere, and the #1 ranking won't effect too many people.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1545 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 07:15
helg wrote:
lhmcjen wrote:
Helg,

Good luck with Wharton today. This waitlist crap is for the birds!


Same to you, man, same to you! :)
Some lucky souls already report admits... and one of them is from Russia. I wonder if it kills my chances? ;)


Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. Good luck helg!! Do you hear back today for sure?

Last edited by rhyme on 21 Dec 2006, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 07:20
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
lhmcjen wrote:
Helg,

Good luck with Wharton today. This waitlist crap is for the birds!


Same to you, man, same to you! :)
Some lucky souls already report admits... and one of them is from Russia. I wonder if it kills my chances? ;)


Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. Good luck helg!!


Waitlisted. Can you believe this?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 260
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 07:46
Does anyone know how the waitlist works? Does Chicago give out acceptances for R2 applicants before turning back to the R1 waitlist? Just trying to get a feeling for the sequence here.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1545 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 07:51
Didn't it say in the waitlist letter ?
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 1741
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 09:39
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
I'm really saddened by the fact that there were no other admits here in R1, and frankly it makes me feel guilty that I got in


Are you serious, man? You surely deserved admit @ GSB more than the rest of us (IMHO). So I am happy that there is justice out there :lol:


I don't though, thats the thing. I don't have the highest GPA and I don't have the highest GMAT score, and I don't have the most impressive work experience.... In the end, I'm not that different of an applicant than the rest of you. I certainly don't have 7 years of supply chain mgmt exp in the healthcare industry! I may have earned this, but I didn't deserve this anymore than anyone else here.


Stop feeling guilty..... and enjoy.

And we still have this club... right... so we (non-GSBites) will keep hounding you for the latest scoops.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 926
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 09:48
jaynayak wrote:
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
I'm really saddened by the fact that there were no other admits here in R1, and frankly it makes me feel guilty that I got in


Are you serious, man? You surely deserved admit @ GSB more than the rest of us (IMHO). So I am happy that there is justice out there :lol:


I don't though, thats the thing. I don't have the highest GPA and I don't have the highest GMAT score, and I don't have the most impressive work experience.... In the end, I'm not that different of an applicant than the rest of you. I certainly don't have 7 years of supply chain mgmt exp in the healthcare industry! I may have earned this, but I didn't deserve this anymore than anyone else here.


Stop feeling guilty..... and enjoy.

And we still have this club... right... so we (non-GSBites) will keep hounding you for the latest scoops.


YES - Stop feeling guilty man.. Just party hard.. And hang around here to help us

You did not mention about your good essay writing skills.
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 09:54
naturallight wrote:
Does anyone know how the waitlist works? Does Chicago give out acceptances for R2 applicants before turning back to the R1 waitlist? Just trying to get a feeling for the sequence here.


By now you should have received personalized mail with Waitlist FAQ
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1545 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 09:58
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
lhmcjen wrote:
Helg,

Good luck with Wharton today. This waitlist crap is for the birds!


Same to you, man, same to you! :)
Some lucky souls already report admits... and one of them is from Russia. I wonder if it kills my chances? ;)


Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. Good luck helg!!


Waitlisted. Can you believe this?


Man, I'm so sorry that sucks. You really deserve to get in somewhere. Is that two waitlists then for you? Any other decisions?
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 10:29
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
lhmcjen wrote:
Helg,

Good luck with Wharton today. This waitlist crap is for the birds!


Same to you, man, same to you! :)
Some lucky souls already report admits... and one of them is from Russia. I wonder if it kills my chances? ;)


Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. Good luck helg!!


Waitlisted. Can you believe this?


Man, I'm so sorry that sucks. You really deserve to get in somewhere. Is that two waitlists then for you? Any other decisions?


Well... I just cannot imaging waiting for another THREE MONTHS :shocked
Need to think of smth to be busy with :wall

Yepp, two waitlists plus I got dinged @ Kellogg and that's all for R1.
In R2 I am going to apply for Tuck
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1545 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 15:27
helg wrote:
Yepp, two waitlists plus I got dinged @ Kellogg and that's all for R1.
In R2 I am going to apply for Tuck


Don't despair! Obviously you are doing something right! Any idea why waitlist instead of accept? I wonder if GSB gives feedback to waitlisted candidates?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2006
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2006, 22:50
The email from the Admissions office indicates that the Admissions office will not give us any advice as to why we were placed on the waitlist.
  [#permalink] 21 Dec 2006, 22:50
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
GSB R1 and R2: Lets the pants pooping commence! rhyme 723 13 Dec 2006, 06:26
Michigan R1 & R2 Pants Pooping PatelM 191 08 Jan 2007, 20:07
Stanford R1 & R2 - pants pooping 06/07 lepium 57 29 Dec 2006, 15:13
Kellogg R1: Lets the pants pooping continue here! rhyme 115 14 Dec 2006, 18:39
Display posts from previous: Sort by

GSB R1 and R2: Lets the pants pooping commence!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  37    Next  [ 724 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.