Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 16:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GSB R1 and R2: Lets the pants pooping commence!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 May 2007, 06:30
It's over for me. I didn't get in to Chicago.
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 180 [0], given: 2

[#permalink] New post 16 May 2007, 06:34
Sorry to hear that, man. We were all cheering for you.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 May 2007, 07:26
After 7 months of waiting it's a Ding from Chicago for me.

The other news is that Wharton kept me on the Summer Waitlist. I'm not sure yet whether it's a good news or bad.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 701 [0], given: 5

[#permalink] New post 16 May 2007, 07:34
helg wrote:

The other news is that Wharton kept me on the Summer Waitlist. I'm not sure yet whether it's a good news or bad.

Depends how you look at it. I would take it as a real big positive, since you didnt get an outright ding. The worst thing if you get accepted is if you have a deposit at one school and are accepted at Wharton you may be kissing a deposit goodbye. If you aren't accepted and want to reapply next year you realize you were as close as possible without actually getting in so if you improve your application a little you have a better chance.
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 16 May 2007, 07:41
riverripper wrote:
helg wrote:

Depends how you look at it. I would take it as a real big positive, since you didnt get an outright ding. The worst thing if you get accepted is if you have a deposit at one school and are accepted at Wharton you may be kissing a deposit goodbye. If you aren't accepted and want to reapply next year you realize you were as close as possible without actually getting in so if you improve your application a little you have a better chance.

Sure, it's better than a Ding, but I think that the chances to get off the Summer WL are real slim and the waiting will just ruin my summer 8-) But there's no way I would ask to remove me from the WL :lol: Call me a masochist :-D
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 16 May 2007, 07:53
I'm still on the Kellogg WL myself. I've been reading in other forums that people have been getting rejected off of the WL recently, so I guess I should maintain hope.
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 16 May 2007, 08:41
flapjack wrote:
I'm still on the Kellogg WL myself. I've been reading in other forums that people have been getting rejected off of the WL recently, so I guess I should maintain hope.

Good luck with K, flapjack!
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 08:56
Filled in the online survey that entitles me to a chance to be selected for a feedback session with GSB AdCom member. Keep my fingers crossed.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 09:28
Helg, I also filled out the form. FYI, Kellogg moved me to its summer Wait List today. I guess I need someone who was accepted to defer or go somewhere else.
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 09:39
flapjack wrote:
Helg, I also filled out the form. FYI, Kellogg moved me to its summer Wait List today. I guess I need someone who was accepted to defer or go somewhere else.

I feel you :)
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 09:50
Helg, WL hell is not fun. Weren't you on another one yourself somewhere?
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 11:28
flapjack wrote:

I am still on Summer WL at Wharton :)
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 13:52
I was on the summer WL at Kellogg for about 2 hours until I received another update that I was rejected. So it's over for me. I never thought it would turn out this way, but it is what it is.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 14:24
flapjack wrote:
I was on the summer WL at Kellogg for about 2 hours until I received another update that I was rejected. So it's over for me. I never thought it would turn out this way, but it is what it is.

what....how is that possible....in 2 hours, they changed your status? sorry to hear that....I applied to kellogg in R3 and got WL on May 07. I guess it is almost over....i heard that their class is full
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 14:36
haddy74 wrote:
flapjack wrote:

what....how is that possible....in 2 hours, they changed your status? sorry to hear that....I applied to kellogg in R3 and got WL on May 07. I guess it is almost over....i heard that their class is full

I had been on the WL since R1 and did not receive any updates until today at which point the message indicated that I was on the summer WL. when I checked back a couple hours later, the message had changed again.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 16:46
helg wrote:
flapjack wrote:

I am still on Summer WL at Wharton :)

so am I............... :( :(
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 21:23
flapjack wrote:

Oh... I'm sorry, mate :(

But if you look at the bright side of it, you made it as far as the Summer Waitlist so they are almost bound to take you in next year.

At least that's what I am telling myself...
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 21:36
helg wrote:
flapjack wrote:

But if you look at the bright side of it, you made it as far as the Summer Waitlist so they are almost bound to take you in next year.

To hell with them. I'll be 32 next year and I wanted to get into VC/PE. I figured I would do investment banking for a couple years right after graduation and then lateral over to a VC/PE firm. Realistically, I'd probably be too old next year to do this even if I did get accepted.

I honestly have absolutely no idea what these so-called "elite" schools want. Perhaps I am a bit jaded right now, but it seems as though GMAT, GPA, undergrad degree, and a law degree from a top-10 law school count for absolutely nothing. I even showed my essays to a recent grad of one of the schools where I applied and he thought they looked good. I don't know what they are looking for, but good luck to the people who managed to get it.
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 21:54
flapjack wrote:
helg wrote:
flapjack wrote:

To hell with them. I'll be 32 next year and I wanted to get into VC/PE. I figured I would do investment banking for a couple years right after graduation and then lateral over to a VC/PE firm. Realistically, I'd probably be too old next year to do this even if I did get accepted.

I honestly have absolutely no idea what these so-called "elite" schools want. Perhaps I am a bit jaded right now, but it seems as though GMAT, GPA, undergrad degree, and a law degree from a top-10 law school count for absolutely nothing. I even showed my essays to a recent grad of one of the schools where I applied and he thought they looked good. I don't know what they are looking for, but good luck to the people who managed to get it.

All my friends in GSB were quite surprised I was not accepted after being waitlisted in R1 and after I submitted tons of updates and extra recos. And I had pretty good stats from teh start too. But hell! I will only be 30 next year. I am going to re-apply.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1577 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 25 May 2007, 14:24
helg wrote:
flapjack wrote:
helg wrote:
flapjack wrote:

All my friends in GSB were quite surprised I was not accepted after being waitlisted in R1 and after I submitted tons of updates and extra recos. And I had pretty good stats from teh start too. But hell! I will only be 30 next year. I am going to re-apply.

Helg, I'm sorry to hear this is how it turned out. Let me know when the time comes -- I'm happy to help in any way I can.
  [#permalink] 25 May 2007, 14:24