Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 05:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Guidance regarding mba from smurfit buisness school

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Guidance regarding mba from smurfit buisness school [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 09:41
I need expert guidance and thanks in advance for your support.

I got admission in mba ,smurfit buisness school.please guide me

1) whether spouse of student get work permit there

2)How many years :l post mba stay provided by Ireland
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Guidance regarding mba from smurfit buisness school [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2014, 23:22
This post received
KUDOS
1) No, spouse of student cannot accompany the student. Also, even if s/he did, an employer must sponsor a work permit for the spouse, the chances of which are very slim in the current labour market (Ireland's current unemployment rate 12.3%)
2) Post MBA stay is provided for 1 year
The chances of immigrants (from non-english speaking countries) finding an "MBA-worthy" job in the current marketplace is very slim. Post MBA options here is all about your connections (network) and less about the degree itself (ie., its not really a meritocracy). Check this post again in a week, I'll post some useful articles that you must read before you put your hard earned money down on the program.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Guidance regarding mba from smurfit buisness school [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2014, 05:13
Sorry for the delay in getting back. Here's some more information to help you make up your mind. Here's a general article about the state of European MBAs. Grab your hands on that book if you can (I bought mine too late!). That candidate speaks about a European MBA that's ranked in the top 20 in the world. So you really have to think about putting your money down on a college that's in the bottom 10 of the FT rankings
http://poetsandquants.com/2013/11/07/an ... he-degree/
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Guidance regarding mba from smurfit buisness school [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2014, 05:33
Furthermore, if you are a non-local, the odds of finding a job worthy of the MBA are slim. Review these news articles carefully:
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ra ... 34043.html
http://finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/art ... 4678.shtml
The articles are a few years old but, as you should know, attitudes take generations to change. Finally, the local job hunt hinges on networking (who you know, and by extension, nepotism & cronyism) than on real meritocracy (what you are). So your qualification will mean little after you complete the MBA. If you're a non-local, you will likely not have a shot at managerial and professional jobs after the MBA.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: ISB '16 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Guidance regarding mba from smurfit buisness school [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2014, 08:27
@drmzfire, can you please throw some more light on the job market. I have heard that although the chances of finding a job for a non-native MBA are slim, there are still opportunities for MBAs with a background in IT as Dublin is the hub for all the major IT firms in Europe.
I am currently evaluating my options for an MBA which I plan to go for in 2015. UCD came across as a nice option but your post and the links shared by you have raised a few concerns in my mind :-D

Can you please help me out here?

Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Guidance regarding mba from smurfit buisness school [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2014, 23:09
Ok,I got it.
Intern
Intern

Re: Guidance regarding mba from smurfit buisness school [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2014, 23:09
Ok,Its cool.
Intern
Intern

Like it.
Re: Guidance regarding mba from smurfit buisness school   [#permalink] 03 Jun 2014, 23:09