Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 01:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 17
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.83
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 16:13
Ouch Berkeley, play with my heart.

Just got an email from Berkeley MBA, excited I scan over to the subject line, "Meet current Haas students in your city." Big let down, was hoping for the invite.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Posts: 19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 16:23
Balc, same here! I got very excited, and then just felt a huge letdown. Oh well, I guess I will still go, but it will be awfully awkward if I haven't been invited for an interview by then. Lets hope I can talk to them about interview strategies with an official invite rather than just showing up as a wannabe.
Balc wrote:
Ouch Berkeley, play with my heart.

Just got an email from Berkeley MBA, excited I scan over to the subject line, "Meet current Haas students in your city." Big let down, was hoping for the invite.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 08:26
nov79 wrote:
Hi idcx11, congratulations on finishing the interview phase!

Can you say how was it? What did they ask you, was it a regular interview like you expected, or were they unique questions? Did they go over your CV, essays, etc.

Any information you can give on the interview would be great

Thanks!


Mostly expected - cv, specific experiences on my cv, why bschool, why haas, etc. Asked him a lot of questions at the end as well. Honestly it was a pretty relaxed, enjoyable conversation, at least by interview standards! Nothing on essays by the way - I don't think Haas interviewers get to see them, only cvs.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Posts: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 12:54
idcx11 wrote:
nov79 wrote:
Hi idcx11, congratulations on finishing the interview phase!

Can you say how was it? What did they ask you, was it a regular interview like you expected, or were they unique questions? Did they go over your CV, essays, etc.

Any information you can give on the interview would be great

Thanks!


Mostly expected - cv, specific experiences on my cv, why bschool, why haas, etc. Asked him a lot of questions at the end as well. Honestly it was a pretty relaxed, enjoyable conversation, at least by interview standards! Nothing on essays by the way - I don't think Haas interviewers get to see them, only cvs.


Yeah I saw somewhere that it's a closed interview where interviewers only have access to your resume and none other.. I did my research before the interview and it seemed like Haas interviewers would likely probe into the details on your work experiences and your roles and achievements, etc etc but it was fairly standard..
Haas Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 24 Jun 2010
Posts: 141
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 26

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 13:05
taffy97 wrote:
idcx11 wrote:
nov79 wrote:
Hi idcx11, congratulations on finishing the interview phase!

Can you say how was it? What did they ask you, was it a regular interview like you expected, or were they unique questions? Did they go over your CV, essays, etc.

Any information you can give on the interview would be great

Thanks!


Mostly expected - cv, specific experiences on my cv, why bschool, why haas, etc. Asked him a lot of questions at the end as well. Honestly it was a pretty relaxed, enjoyable conversation, at least by interview standards! Nothing on essays by the way - I don't think Haas interviewers get to see them, only cvs.


Yeah I saw somewhere that it's a closed interview where interviewers only have access to your resume and none other.. I did my research before the interview and it seemed like Haas interviewers would likely probe into the details on your work experiences and your roles and achievements, etc etc but it was fairly standard..


But I suppose if you interview with adcom, they will be familiar with your entire profile...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 16:14
I am a R1 EWMBA applicant as well. I have my interview coming up in the 2nd week of December. Any interview experiences to share?

findprithvi wrote:
mbafall2011 wrote:
Any EWMBA folks here?

Just applied in R1, Reapplicant from R3 last year.


Yes .. i am in the same pool .... applied in R1 ... reapplicant from Fall 2011 R3
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: INSEAD - Class of July 2013
Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Posts: 71
Location: Moscow, Russia
Schools: Berkeley Haas, Stanford, MIT Sloan, INSEADw/$$
WE 1: Five years in hi-tech in sales/marketing roles
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2011, 10:31
Had my interview today. Though it was generally quite informal, it was clear that the alumni had a certain script in mind when asking questions. Apart from typical things (why MBA, why Haas) he asked some behavioral questions: what was a hard feedback you received? where did you go wrong in your job? etc.
At the end of the interview he even asked me to show my ID :)

So it's fingers crossed for me now - good luck to everyone still waiting!

Btw, does anyone know if Haas releases decisions only at the decisions date, or can do it earlier?
_________________

"A leader is the one who climbs the tallest tree, surveys the entire situations, and yells, 'Wrong jungle!'" - Stephen Covey

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Posts: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2011, 16:27
Has anyone received a notification from AdCom that your interview process is complete?
I did my interview a week ago and I haven't received any notification from either the AdCom or my interviewer that my interview report is submitted or hence my interview process is complete.
Is this normal or should I contact the AdCom to make sure I'm done with the process?
My application status hasn't changed and still says that I'm invited to interview...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 447
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 157

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2011, 21:59
Did any indian applicants in the R1 phase receive interview invite?
_________________

If you found the reply to be helpful, give kudos.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2011
Posts: 21
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 12:42
taffy97 wrote:
Has anyone received a notification from AdCom that your interview process is complete?
I did my interview a week ago and I haven't received any notification from either the AdCom or my interviewer that my interview report is submitted or hence my interview process is complete.
Is this normal or should I contact the AdCom to make sure I'm done with the process?
My application status hasn't changed and still says that I'm invited to interview...


No update in mine either. I understand they take a while to update the AdCom (at least that occured when I sent a new copy of my transcripts that showed incomplete for ilegibility).
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2011
Posts: 31
Location: Venezuela
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 17:32
im R1 and still haven't gotten an interview invite...with the Booth ding and the Kellogg Waitlist im starting to worry....I at least hope I get into UCLA if not Berkeley.

god this waaaiiiittting is excruciating :x :x
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2011
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 21:54
I hear you, chmatmar. Tom Petty was right, the waiting is the hardest part. You'll get in somewhere, otherwise what hope do the rest of us who aren't in the 700 club have? :) Anyone else out there quietly squirming?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: INSEAD - Class of July 2013
Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Posts: 71
Location: Moscow, Russia
Schools: Berkeley Haas, Stanford, MIT Sloan, INSEADw/$$
WE 1: Five years in hi-tech in sales/marketing roles
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 22:10
Guys, does anyone know if we have to wait for the decision day or the decision may come earlier?
_________________

"A leader is the one who climbs the tallest tree, surveys the entire situations, and yells, 'Wrong jungle!'" - Stephen Covey

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 69
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 22:13
This is starting to get nerve-wracking now...applicants spend months preparing their apps, spend thousands of dollars to submit their 5 month hard work and then there comes the silence on the part of these schools...

I guess these schools contact you almost everyday through emails for promotions..but once you submit, they carry a **** *** attitude...I have a kellogg waitlist too and no news from Haas...they should at least update their blogs/ send us reminders that these are the tentative dates when results will be posted.invites will start flowing and stuff like that...

PS: Haas is a great school. I don't have an interview invite hence the cribbing :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Work in progress
Affiliations: None
Joined: 24 Jun 2010
Posts: 42
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.75
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 00:00
I so agree with themangoman! I really think Haas should have had all R1 invites out by now. And the least they can do is provide updates. If a school like Booth can go from submitting apps to releasing results in 8-9 weeks, why cant Haas have the invites out at least? This is just not right!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2011
Posts: 25
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.56
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 07:12
Has anyone heard about interview invites to R2 applicants? Will they not go out until January?
Haas Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 24 Jun 2010
Posts: 141
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 26

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 07:17
thembaboy wrote:
I so agree with themangoman! I really think Haas should have had all R1 invites out by now. And the least they can do is provide updates. If a school like Booth can go from submitting apps to releasing results in 8-9 weeks, why cant Haas have the invites out at least? This is just not right!


Yes the wait is frustrating.. but in the grand scheme it is just another few weeks.

Personally, I've focused on other apps and applied the learnings from my Haas app to others. Looking back, my Haas app wasn't exceptional, but wasn't bad either. I won't be surprised if I receive a ding considering the competition.

Your first app is always the worst as they say.. too bad it had to be Haas in my case!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Oct 2011
Posts: 49
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 07:38
Hi,

R2 Intl applicant here.

I received a mail from the admission office saying-
"While we currently have sufficient documentation to review your application, please note that if you are invited to interview, you will be required to immediately submit official academic records issued by the school".

I am pretty sure that its a regular mail sent to all candidates.
Just wondering if I need reply to this saying that I have all the records ready.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 69
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 07:41
Politico2012 wrote:
Has anyone heard about interview invites to R2 applicants? Will they not go out until January?


a lot of R1 folks are still waiting!!! yours is going to be a long time i suppose :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2011
Posts: 19
Schools: Sloan '14 (S)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 08:42
Hi Guys,
I am an R1 applicant in California anxiously waiting for an interview call. I have been fortunate
enough to get into a M7 school in R1. However due to various reasons Haas and Sloan are my
top choices.
My question is this: Would it be prudent to let Haas AdCom know that I have an admit in hand?
The idea here is to signal to Haas AdCom that I am a good candidate (due to M7 admit) and
deserve an interview. However I have never heard of this being done. Could it backfire?
A buddy of mine warns me against it, arguing that Haas might ding me if they know that
I have an admit from another top school for yield related reasons. BTW the school that I have
got into is not HSW.
Your advice is appreciated.
Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 15 Dec 2011, 08:42
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
45 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants krazo 800 25 Aug 2011, 22:39
82 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2011 Applicants Av 1830 09 May 2010, 16:16
2 Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants prinziphoffnung 6 30 Mar 2010, 13:11
43 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants kryzak 1236 13 May 2009, 00:23
Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! suntaurian 5 30 Mar 2009, 11:50
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  41    Next  [ 801 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.