Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 06:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2011
Posts: 63
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 04:55
Any waitlister updates?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Work in progress
Affiliations: None
Joined: 24 Jun 2010
Posts: 42
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.75
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 05:44
I am waitlisted from R1....no update whatsoever as yet....I have a feeling is going to be a DING! :(
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2011
Posts: 63
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 06:08
1
This post received
KUDOS
Likewise, preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. I'm on the East Coast with a long-term lease ending soon. Hoping to hear back sooner rather than later.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 08:53
thembaboy wrote:
I am waitlisted from R1....no update whatsoever as yet....I have a feeling is going to be a DING! :(



It's not over until it's over - good luck! Plus you have an admit from Booth!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 06:16
For those accepted off the waitlist did your status change to "accepted"?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2012
Posts: 18
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 11:26
no news... looks like we'll have to wait until the final deadline for deposits..
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2011
Posts: 63
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 15:32
Are the dates someone listed earlier the correct deposit dates? R3 was due May 1 and R4 is due May 29?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Location: China
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.56
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 21:51
Any international not based in US receive the call off the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 22
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 13:33
Just got the email below:

Dear XXXXXX,

The Berkeley MBA Admissions Committee has begun reviewing the waitlist. We have made a number of offers of admission from the waitlist, and we have released many waitlisted candidates whose applications will not remain in consideration. The committee continues to be impressed with your many accomplishments, and would like to keep your application on the waitlist and under consideration at this time.

The fact that your application remains open and active is a positive sign of the committee's continued interest in you. We are currently awaiting decisions from our admits who still have offers outstanding and will continue to review all waitlisted candidates on an ongoing basis. As such, if you have any additional information you wish reviewed, please provide these materials as soon as possible. We will send out a general status update again in mid-June.

If you have already made other plans and are no longer interested in remaining on the waitlist, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.

Again, please accept our sincere gratitude for the patience you have shown throughout this process. We greatly appreciate your interest in our program.

With warm regards,

--- The Berkeley MBA Admissions Team


I've paid the deposit on Tuck anyway,...just wanted to see if I could get a Haas admit. i'll ask them to withdraw me from the waitlist. Good luck to anyone still waiting.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2012
Posts: 18
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 14:41
Good luck at Tuck, it's a great business school as well. What round did you apply? did you submit any other materials while on the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 17:48
pze wrote:
Just got the email below:

Dear XXXXXX,

The Berkeley MBA Admissions Committee has begun reviewing the waitlist. We have made a number of offers of admission from the waitlist, and we have released many waitlisted candidates whose applications will not remain in consideration. The committee continues to be impressed with your many accomplishments, and would like to keep your application on the waitlist and under consideration at this time.

The fact that your application remains open and active is a positive sign of the committee's continued interest in you. We are currently awaiting decisions from our admits who still have offers outstanding and will continue to review all waitlisted candidates on an ongoing basis. As such, if you have any additional information you wish reviewed, please provide these materials as soon as possible. We will send out a general status update again in mid-June.

If you have already made other plans and are no longer interested in remaining on the waitlist, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.

Again, please accept our sincere gratitude for the patience you have shown throughout this process. We greatly appreciate your interest in our program.

With warm regards,

--- The Berkeley MBA Admissions Team


I've paid the deposit on Tuck anyway,...just wanted to see if I could get a Haas admit. i'll ask them to withdraw me from the waitlist. Good luck to anyone still waiting.



so, does this mean that if we have not yet received a ding, then we are still being considered for admission? i applied in R3 and was put on waitlist after interview. btw, congrats on Tuck admit!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 22
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 2

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 19:39
1
This post received
KUDOS
cmf12 wrote:
Good luck at Tuck, it's a great business school as well. What round did you apply? did you submit any other materials while on the waitlist?


I applied R3,...got wait-listed without interview. Took the interview and blew it outta the park,..to the extent that the interviewer told me flat out that he'd highly recommend me. Submitted an extra essay addressing "Why Haas",..I felt it was a very strong essay. Frankly, between the interview and the additional essay I think I just about maximized my chances of getting in off the wait-list. Of course this was all before I got into Tuck, but my curiosity about the Haas result got the better of me,.... which is why I didn't withdraw. Best of luck friend.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2012
Posts: 22
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 19:42
bschoolsri wrote:
pze wrote:
Just got the email below:

Dear XXXXXX,

The Berkeley MBA Admissions Committee has begun reviewing the waitlist. We have made a number of offers of admission from the waitlist, and we have released many waitlisted candidates whose applications will not remain in consideration. The committee continues to be impressed with your many accomplishments, and would like to keep your application on the waitlist and under consideration at this time.

The fact that your application remains open and active is a positive sign of the committee's continued interest in you. We are currently awaiting decisions from our admits who still have offers outstanding and will continue to review all waitlisted candidates on an ongoing basis. As such, if you have any additional information you wish reviewed, please provide these materials as soon as possible. We will send out a general status update again in mid-June.

If you have already made other plans and are no longer interested in remaining on the waitlist, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.

Again, please accept our sincere gratitude for the patience you have shown throughout this process. We greatly appreciate your interest in our program.

With warm regards,

--- The Berkeley MBA Admissions Team


I've paid the deposit on Tuck anyway,...just wanted to see if I could get a Haas admit. i'll ask them to withdraw me from the waitlist. Good luck to anyone still waiting.



so, does this mean that if we have not yet received a ding, then we are still being considered for admission? i applied in R3 and was put on waitlist after interview. btw, congrats on Tuck admit!


Yes,..if you haven't heard either way,...you're still being considered. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 20:30
Hmm I am a waitlist in R3, and I did not get such email. Did any other waitlister got the email?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 20:31
For those who have accepted offers: What is the first day of class (the day that you need to report to Berkeley)?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2011
Posts: 12
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 03:36
I received the same email. R2 waitlister.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jan 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.41
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 06:08
Round 2 waitlister - received the same e-mail.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2011
Posts: 63
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 06:13
I did NOT get the email. R3 waitlister.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 15:21
has anyone who was on the waitlist got ding emails this week? Or do you know anyone whoa was on the waitlit who got the ding email this week?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2011
Posts: 63
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 May 2012, 08:15
1
This post received
KUDOS
From another board I read a message posted by a R2 waitlister who was accepted last Tuesday (May 22). They said their deposit was due Wednesday, May 30. With R4ers having their deposit (supposedly) due today, I am making an assumption that they're clearing the deck with R1 and R2 waitlisters, waiting for their deposits to get a gauge on their class, and (hopefully) reaching out to the R3 waitlisters after Wednesday.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 29 May 2012, 08:15
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
45 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants krazo 800 25 Aug 2011, 22:39
2 Re: Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants prinziphoffnung 6 30 Mar 2010, 13:11
43 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants kryzak 1236 13 May 2009, 00:23
Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! suntaurian 5 30 Mar 2009, 11:50
34 Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2009 Applicants agold 632 12 Jun 2008, 10:18
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Haas Berkeley 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41    Next  [ 801 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.