Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2011
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 17:21
Thanks, bschoolapp8 and khusan! Company will chip in, but I will bear the brunt of the hit. Total tuition for Haas EWMBA is over 100k, right? If you look at the difference of 70k that's spread out in 2-3 years, then it doesn't look so bad. To compare apples to apples, Berkeley-Columbia EMBA program also costs 157k. Despite the high costs, if you have many years of work experience, EMBA might still be an option.

To other applicants: Haas EWMBA adcom does make phone calls before announcing decisions, but it may vary from person to person. In my case, they asked if I would be interested in the Berkeley-Columbia program, and they promised that my interest in it would not negatively affect my EWMBA application (school policy dictates that there can be only one active application). They also called me a day or two before r1 decision date to tell me that I was admitted. I like Haas a lot; if I were younger, I would've chosen differently.

Good luck to all.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2009
Posts: 45
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.8
WE: Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 08:42
To those concerned - Has anyone started the stats pre-req?
How Is the berkeley extension online course?
any other ideas? I'm looking into some colleges in TX (I work in TX)
Any ideas in this direction would help. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 244
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 7

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 10:55
I am hoping to take the exemption exam. I am going to wait to hear back from the admissions office on admittance first, but am then hoping to just take the test rather than taking the class. Anyone know of the most current text that has been used to pass?

anonymba wrote:
To those concerned - Has anyone started the stats pre-req?
How Is the berkeley extension online course?
any other ideas? I'm looking into some colleges in TX (I work in TX)
Any ideas in this direction would help. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 27
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 13:26
anonymba wrote:
To those concerned - Has anyone started the stats pre-req?
How Is the berkeley extension online course?
any other ideas? I'm looking into some colleges in TX (I work in TX)
Any ideas in this direction would help. Thanks.


I completed the online course through berkeley extension some time back
Its pretty good .. and self paced
.. once started .. u have 6 months to complete the course
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 14:33
findprithvi wrote:
anonymba wrote:
To those concerned - Has anyone started the stats pre-req?
How Is the berkeley extension online course?
any other ideas? I'm looking into some colleges in TX (I work in TX)
Any ideas in this direction would help. Thanks.


I completed the online course through berkeley extension some time back
Its pretty good .. and self paced
.. once started .. u have 6 months to complete the course


Hi findprithvi : can you provide the link to the course at UC Berkeley extension?

also is anyone from R1 WL planning on completing the pre-req before R2 decisions? i suppose we won't hear until R2 decisions come out right?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 16:13
I also noticed my online status change to "file under review" from "waitlist".. Anyone else experience the same?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 16:50
bschool, I assume since Round 3 deadline is tomorrow that most people have submitted. They can see how many accounts have not yet submitted so therefore have a good estimate the number of people who will submit. If the numbers are low in round 3 then they would need to admit wait listed applicants. If the number of applicants is high in Round 3 then they will evaluate waitlisted applicants against Round 3 applicants.

There doesn't seem to be a correlation between meeting pre-reqs or being proactive to actually being admitted. On another forum a few applicants studied for the stats test, passed, but were dinged. They were not happy because a percentage of admitted students failed to meet the stats deadline but Haas ended up extending the dealine date and offered a later test. Old posts cover in great detail what to study for the stats waiver exam.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2011
Posts: 198
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 07:03
is there any other forum more active with 2012 haas ewmba applicants. This forum doesnt suggest a large number of applicants..
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 07:14
goodluckMBA wrote:
bschool, I assume since Round 3 deadline is tomorrow that most people have submitted. They can see how many accounts have not yet submitted so therefore have a good estimate the number of people who will submit. If the numbers are low in round 3 then they would need to admit wait listed applicants. If the number of applicants is high in Round 3 then they will evaluate waitlisted applicants against Round 3 applicants.

There doesn't seem to be a correlation between meeting pre-reqs or being proactive to actually being admitted. On another forum a few applicants studied for the stats test, passed, but were dinged. They were not happy because a percentage of admitted students failed to meet the stats deadline but Haas ended up extending the dealine date and offered a later test. Old posts cover in great detail what to study for the stats waiver exam.

Posted from my mobile device Image


Thanks goodluckMBA. so i shouldn't be pinning all my hopes on a decision with R2 admits this week. I wonder if status of all R1 WL moved from "Waitlist" to "file under review" and will move to "waitlist" again after R2 to be considered with R3.. :(
EWMBA seems like a tough nut to crack.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 07:43
desiaggie1980 wrote:
is there any other forum more active with 2012 haas ewmba applicants. This forum doesnt suggest a large number of applicants..


Unfortunately not, my friend. I looked everywhere and this forum seems to be the only place for ewmba discussions. Trying my best to keep discussions active here :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2011
Posts: 174
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 10:10
it seems that not many people are interested in EWMBA this year. Has anyone done the ROI analysis on part time mba, especially Haas EWMBA?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 10:48
someone79 wrote:
it seems that not many people are interested in EWMBA this year. Has anyone done the ROI analysis on part time mba, especially Haas EWMBA?


I found this interesting write-up
http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=82026

I suppose it comes down to what one wants an MBA for. Is MBA the goal or means to a goal? also, a part time mba allows you to keep your job and get the same degree as a full time program. People will tell you that a full time program offers a "more holistic" experience, but from what i have heard, if one desires and is willing to spend the extra hours, there is every possibility to participate in several on-campus activities and take leadership positions in clubs during a part-time program as well. I am not sure how active EWMBA students are at Haas, but i have friends in another part time program who actively participate in various business plan competitions and club events, which gives them a ton of exposure. A career switch also becomes that much more feasible since most part time MBAs allow you to participate in on campus recruitment events
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 16:45
I applied R2 by submitting my application on 1/18/12. I was invited to an interview on 1/20/12 and scheduled it for 3/16/12. I did notice when I last logged in that my application status went from "invited to interview" to "file under review".

Good luck to all the applicants.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 117
Location: United States (CA)
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 44

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 19:26
3 more hours to go for round 3 and one of my recommenders still hasn't submitted his rec. I called him several times and no answer because he's been real busy. Slightly panicking here. I wonder how strict Haas is on the midnight cut off...

***edit***
Just received it. phew!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 20:40
bschoolapp8 wrote:
someone79 wrote:
it seems that not many people are interested in EWMBA this year. Has anyone done the ROI analysis on part time mba, especially Haas EWMBA?


I found this interesting write-up
http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=82026

I suppose it comes down to what one wants an MBA for. Is MBA the goal or means to a goal? also, a part time mba allows you to keep your job and get the same degree as a full time program. People will tell you that a full time program offers a "more holistic" experience, but from what i have heard, if one desires and is willing to spend the extra hours, there is every possibility to participate in several on-campus activities and take leadership positions in clubs during a part-time program as well. I am not sure how active EWMBA students are at Haas, but i have friends in another part time program who actively participate in various business plan competitions and club events, which gives them a ton of exposure. A career switch also becomes that much more feasible since most part time MBAs allow you to participate in on campus recruitment events


That Businessweek link was a real downer. What ever happened to going to school for the love of learning even if it's formal and will take up all day Saturday for the next three years?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 117
Location: United States (CA)
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 44

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 20:52
guess I'm lucky on that front, my company would foot the whole bill :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 13
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
WE: Project Management (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 21:51
Chimichurri wrote:
I applied R2 by submitting my application on 1/18/12. I was invited to an interview on 1/20/12 and scheduled it for 3/16/12. I did notice when I last logged in that my application status went from "invited to interview" to "file under review".

Good luck to all the applicants.


Did anyone receive an email from EWMBA Admissions with the subject "Statistics Pre-requisite courses offered at Haas." If so, have only admitted students received this email or others (WL or waiting for decision) too? I just received this email today, but my online status still says "file under review" I'm wondering if this message is broadly sent to everyone or only to selective candidates?

Good luck to everyone...EWMBA does seem to be a tough nut to crack. Anyone have any idea on how many students have received admission notices so far?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2012, 10:25
khusan : I did receive a mail with subject line "Statistics Pre-requisite courses offered at Haas."

Any idea if this will be a replacement for other Statistics course that Haas has specified or it will be an extra course.

Can anyone from R1 confirm that they also received such mail.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 13
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
WE: Project Management (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2012, 10:34
nitin123 wrote:
khusan : I did receive a mail with subject line "Statistics Pre-requisite courses offered at Haas."

Any idea if this will be a replacement for other Statistics course that Haas has specified or it will be an extra course.

Can anyone from R1 confirm that they also received such mail.


This seems to be a pre-req course prior to starting the program. There is a quant pre-req too, but I think that is waived if you have a GMAT Quant raw score of 48 or above.

So, assuming you've not received admission to EWMBA yet? So then it appears that this email with subject line "Statistics Pre-requisite courses offered at Haas" has been sent to everyone who has applied. I was trying to see if this email was only sent to selected admitted candidates or to all applicants irrespective of their admission status.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2012, 10:44
khusan wrote:
nitin123 wrote:
khusan : I did receive a mail with subject line "Statistics Pre-requisite courses offered at Haas."

Any idea if this will be a replacement for other Statistics course that Haas has specified or it will be an extra course.

Can anyone from R1 confirm that they also received such mail.


This seems to be a pre-req course prior to starting the program. There is a quant pre-req too, but I think that is waived if you have a GMAT Quant raw score of 48 or above.

So, assuming you've not received admission to EWMBA yet? So then it appears that this email with subject line "Statistics Pre-requisite courses offered at Haas" has been sent to everyone who has applied. I was trying to see if this email was only sent to selected admitted candidates or to all applicants irrespective of their admission status.


Guys, I didn't receive such an email from Haas and I have been WLed in R1.. I wonder what that is supposed to mean :(
Did you guys receive the email over the last few days this week? Have you guys completed the pre-reqs?

By the way, I am an out of bay area applicant who hasn't completed the pre-req. I wonder if anyone from outside bay-area got such an email from EWMBA?

Last edited by bschoolapp8 on 16 Mar 2012, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 16 Mar 2012, 10:44
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
64 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants souvik101990 546 09 May 2013, 08:16
24 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 619 08 Sep 2011, 00:12
101 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants Kenny0929 1480 27 Nov 2012, 20:21
Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! suntaurian 5 30 Mar 2009, 11:50
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  31    Next  [ 620 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.