Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 10:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 10:23
DeAnza does have the stats class - it's listed as Math 10.

CaliCpa wrote:
It seems that DeAnza and Foothill only have the math class and not the stats class.

may2012 wrote:
For all those looking to complete the stats waiver, it will be much cheaper to do it from a local community college. For people in South Bay, there is DeAnza and Foothill College. I did mine at foothill College. The course was pretty easy going and I only had to go for 2.5 months and I paid around 200 in all for the course, book and parking. This is much cheaper if you are considering the UCB extension online course which costs around 800.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 10:29
Btw, if you're planning on enrolling, you better hurry because the spring quarter begins next week.

studyhardmba wrote:
DeAnza does have the stats class - it's listed as Math 10.

CaliCpa wrote:
It seems that DeAnza and Foothill only have the math class and not the stats class.

may2012 wrote:
For all those looking to complete the stats waiver, it will be much cheaper to do it from a local community college. For people in South Bay, there is DeAnza and Foothill College. I did mine at foothill College. The course was pretty easy going and I only had to go for 2.5 months and I paid around 200 in all for the course, book and parking. This is much cheaper if you are considering the UCB extension online course which costs around 800.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 14:39
did anyone receive an email from haas regarding a special course over the next month or so that covers stats pre-req? I don't live in bay area but if you can afford $1000, i think it should take care of prereq
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 14:55
It's an intensive course from around 9 to 5 or 6 on Sat for 6 weeks. I'm not sure even osmosis works towards the end of the second half of the day. :) But it is only a pass/fail course.

An online version is also being offered in June, probably more for final rounders.

bschoolapp8 wrote:
did anyone receive an email from haas regarding a special course over the next month or so that covers stats pre-req? I don't live in bay area but if you can afford $1000, i think it should take care of prereq
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 09:57
Just got the intw invite! Thanks everyone for keeping up the spirits on this awesome forum!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 12:21
Looks like Haas has a very long wait list. There were 57 waitlisters in the chat today including 5 from Adcom. so at least 52. I wonder there could be as many as 80 - 100 waitlist applicants just after R2 :(.

Looks like chances are minimal
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 13:10
57 people in the chat room, 5 adcom members. 52 people on the waitlist

This chat has been very disappointing. I'm sick of hearing that gaining admission is not about a spot becoming available.............

Everyone knows that most admissions come from R1 and R2- and either way they should have sampled a large enough number of the applicants to be able to make a comparison.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 13:57
mbafall2011 wrote:

This chat has been very disappointing. I'm sick of hearing that gaining admission is not about a spot becoming available.............

Everyone knows that most admissions come from R1 and R2- and either way they should have sampled a large enough number of the applicants to be able to make a comparison.

Everything I have heard from adcom states that the EWMBA admission process is not like the Full-Time admission process. The EWMBA program does not fill the majority of seats in R1 and R2 with the intention of rounding out the class in R3 like most full-time programs. I've been told that there is a proportionate number of seats available per round (i'm assuming R4 may be an exception as it was recently added).
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 03-27-2012
GPA: 3.14
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 14:03
I would agree in that, why add a Round 4, if all Round 3 was about was rounding out the class? All speculation, but I'm assuming that if you look at this small sample of applicants on this forum, I believe the admission rate is in line with the application rates per round.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 15:27
GZR4DR wrote:
mbafall2011 wrote:

Everything I have heard from adcom states that the EWMBA admission process is not like the Full-Time admission process. The EWMBA program does not fill the majority of seats in R1 and R2 with the intention of rounding out the class in R3 like most full-time programs. I've been told that there is a proportionate number of seats available per round (i'm assuming R4 may be an exception as it was recently added).

Everything i have heard from students in the classroom points otherwise. Anyway- all of this is mere speculation. Not much i can do but wait.
Manager
Manager
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 44

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 15:29
R3 applicant here. Submitted evening of 3/15 and received invite to interview today. Status changed directly from "Received" to "Invited to Interview."

On a separate note, Courtney Chandler, one of the admissions directors, confirmed during an infosession that the reason they waitlist so many applicants is precisely to make R1, R2, and R3 equally competitive. With that in mind, it seems like it would make sense that many applicants are admitted in R3/R4 since many R1/R2 WL applicants and R3/R4 applicants are all admitted together.
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 15:40
tlbkcal wrote:
R3 applicant here. Submitted evening of 3/15 and received invite to interview today. Status changed directly from "Received" to "Invited to Interview."

On a separate note, Courtney Chandler, one of the admissions directors, confirmed during an infosession that the reason they waitlist so many applicants is precisely to make R1, R2, and R3 equally competitive. With that in mind, it seems like it would make sense that many applicants are admitted in R3/R4 since many R1/R2 WL applicants and R3/R4 applicants are all admitted together.

My theory is that they waitlist most of the candidates from the demographic and job function (fyi - no prizes for guessing) that is overly represented in the bay area. I remember one of the admissions officer saying that ave GMAT score for this group was upward of 740. The adcom must find it challenging to stitch a diverse class under such circumstances and hence wait until the final application is received before taking a holistic view. imho.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas EWMBA

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2012, 09:58
Round 2 admitted applicants,
is your KROLL verification complete? I paid the fees and submitted the authorization on Monday this week, but haven't heard back yet.
Does KROLL inform us or it is the admissions office when the verification is complete?
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2012, 10:49
I hear that the weekend cohorts have more than half their classes held at a technology center at Santa clara instead of the Berkeley campus? Does anyone have insights into this? does not having classes on campus impact the overall experience in any way by not getting opportunities to be more active with clubs and other events on campus?
Also for campus recruiting, are EWMBA students disadvantaged in any way compared to full time students by being mandated to mentioned part time MBA on their resumes when using career center services?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q V

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2012, 11:03
Same here. It's been some time. I was under the impression this process would be complete in 72 hrs.

neosal wrote:
Round 2 admitted applicants,
is your KROLL verification complete? I paid the fees and submitted the authorization on Monday this week, but haven't heard back yet.
Does KROLL inform us or it is the admissions office when the verification is complete?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 07:29
My friends in full time programs at Haas and UCLA recommended going full time vs part-time. They say it's takes quite a bit of time to attend all the networking functions the schools and companies set-up. They did mention if you know where you want to go after and have the networks already setup then part-time should be no problem. They also did say companies rate full time students higher than part-time students if applying for the same job. Not sure why?

bschoolapp8 wrote:
I hear that the weekend cohorts have more than half their classes held at a technology center at Santa clara instead of the Berkeley campus? Does anyone have insights into this? does not having classes on campus impact the overall experience in any way by not getting opportunities to be more active with clubs and other events on campus?
Also for campus recruiting, are EWMBA students disadvantaged in any way compared to full time students by being mandated to mentioned part time MBA on their resumes when using career center services?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Haas EWMBA '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 11:16
For the pre req waiver exams, has anybody out there tried brushing up on math and statistics using khan academy? spending $1000 on the online extension class is a pain, esp considering i am a R3 applicant and might get dinged anyway. Any thoughts?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 17:12
A number of us are taking online courses through community colleges, which are a little more affordable.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 44

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 19:34
desiaggie1980 wrote:
Just got the intw invite! Thanks everyone for keeping up the spirits on this awesome forum!

Desiaggie and others from R3 who got interview invites, how long was it after you got your invite before you can schedule the interview? I got invited last Thursday and still haven't gotten contacted for scheduling yet. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Haas EWMBA '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 20:02
tlbkcal wrote:
desiaggie1980 wrote:

Desiaggie and others from R3 who got interview invites, how long was it after you got your invite before you can schedule the interview? I got invited last Thursday and still haven't gotten contacted for scheduling yet. Thanks!

Log on to your online application and click the link that says (invited to interview) to pick a time slot
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2012, 20:02