Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 06:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 21:22
Lomei,
Which community college online courses have you see for the stats prereq? I am considering the online stats course that will be offered this summer through Haas, but would like to pay less at a CC if possible.

lomei wrote:
A number of us are taking online courses through community colleges, which are a little more affordable.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 44

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 22:55
chicagomba wrote:
tlbkcal wrote:
desiaggie1980 wrote:
Just got the intw invite! Thanks everyone for keeping up the spirits on this awesome forum!

Desiaggie and others from R3 who got interview invites, how long was it after you got your invite before you can schedule the interview? I got invited last Thursday and still haven't gotten contacted for scheduling yet. Thanks!

Log on to your online application and click the link that says (invited to interview) to pick a time slot

Major thanks. Guess we were expected to figure it out?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2012, 08:42
Thats strange, for me I think it said specifically in the email to go to the application account to schedule the intw.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.89

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 11:21
Hi,

Myself Submitted for R4 Haas EWMBA. Good to see this forum. Although I am late in the game, I am hoping for a good result. Nice to meet all of you folks.
Anyone know how R4 statistics will look like ? I didnot do much research on R4 of Haas.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 12:00
Any outside the bay area commuters out there? I will be commuting from San Diego, and wanted to get thoughts on how feasible it is to still have a good b-school experience with that commute?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 20:05
Not sure if you all saw, but Haas just opened up a Saturday statistics waiver exam. What is the best book to study for this test? I know the Haas site lists various texts, but what is the #1 book to pass this thing?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2012, 05:32
CaliCPA, sorry for the delayed response. I ended up taking it class online through Foothill College.

CaliCpa wrote:
Lomei,
Which community college online courses have you see for the stats prereq? I am considering the online stats course that will be offered this summer through Haas, but would like to pay less at a CC if possible.

lomei wrote:
A number of us are taking online courses through community colleges, which are a little more affordable.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2012, 15:18
No worries, thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 16:54
Hi. I'm a new member to GMAT club. Been postponing to register. Finally did it though.
Submitted My application on 3/15, got interviewed on 4/23. I'm from civil/construction background. with 10 yrs of exp and GMAT score of 680. I wonder if I have to wait until June 1 to know my fate..
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 17:03
desiaggie1980 wrote:
Guys, I think the ADCOM can see the complete applicant pool by now. Any guesses how many seats are filled?
The fact that so many are getting waitlisted is a good sign. They want to do a fair comparison before giving admits and us late app'ers are not forgotten.

Something about myself, I am a 31 year (old :lol: ) project manager with civil engineering background (based in bay area). I am a working mom without any support (except for the giggles and cheers I get from my 3 yr old) and did put a lot of effort to get this application in. In my first shot at GMAT in Nov 2011; I got a 610! It was just too shocking/insulting-exactly 1 month after that I gave my GMAT to get a 720 (Q49 V38). GMAT part of this club, BB and other fighters here were my inspiration. Its been 3 weeks that I submitted my application (only) to EW program at Haas in round 3. No interview invite yet. Frankly with 7-8 years of experience and after managing many big budget projects (with no direct reporting employees though), it would be interesting to know why I should'nt get an interview invite. But lots of factors are accounted when they make a class. May be people with similar backgrounds like me are already in and they don't want more (I know, I could be the snoozer/loser). Anyways next 4 weeks will decide if they wanna talk to me and next 4 months will decide if my dreams come true.

To all those in different stages of wait---Nothing can take away your strengths from you. You tried and that was a win in itself! Don't buckle and don't give up. In the end you will get through and will be surprised that you made it.

Hi, your profile is somewhat similar to mine. Hopefully that doesn't make us competitors. Anyways, did you get an interview call? Sorry, couldn't send a direct message so have to ask here. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 17:13
Sfbay2012 wrote:
Hi. I'm a new member to GMAT club. Been postponing to register. Finally did it though.
Submitted My application on 3/15, got interviewed on 4/23. I'm from civil/construction background. with 10 yrs of exp and GMAT score of 680. I wonder if I have to wait until June 1 to know my fate..

If you're admitted, you're likely to hear a day or two ahead of time. However if you're waitlisted or denied, you won't hear until June 1st and it will be via email.

As for your other comment about competition, while you're correct in that we're all competing against each other for a limited number of seats, it's probably best to take the approach of rooting for everyone from gmatclub to get in as there are enough seats for each of us from this site to get in :-D
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 18:36
GZR4DR wrote:
Sfbay2012 wrote:

If you're admitted, you're likely to hear a day or two ahead of time. However if you're waitlisted or denied, you won't hear until June 1st and it will be via email.

As for your other comment about competition, while you're correct in that we're all competing against each other for a limited number of seats, it's probably best to take the approach of rooting for everyone from gmatclub to get in as there are enough seats for each of us from this site to get in :-D

Thanks for the quick response. Of course we need to root for everyone and hope for the best. It's going to be a LONG month until June 1.. Have a good weekend all.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 09:55
R3 applicant and got an interview call last week , my interviewer is Britta Narum . Anyone in the forum who has been interviewed by Britta and can give me some insight . Also some insight on what are the topics of interview in general would be really appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 14:57
I think my interview last week was everything I wanted it to be. They talked to me about the exact topics I wanted to get through to the ADCOM. The interviewer was an amazingly nice person who made me feel very comfortable. Also, pretty encouraging ,she sounded genuinely interested in the project management kind of work I was doing in oil and gas; I remember her saying this was a different field she was seeing. I think its people like her who make Haas such a divine experience. If I dont make it this year I plan to work on my deficiencies and keep on trying till I get in. Easier said than done but thats the only option that seems viable at this point.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 17:02
Hmm..they waived the requirement for math/stats for me!

I was all set to take the stats test on 18th: had my flight tickets done for Berkeley, had bought the stats book, and was all set to cramp for two weeks. Time to check if I can get refund or credit on the flight tickets.

This is what my status shows at the end.

Prerequisite Courses:
College-level Mathematics: Complete
Statistics: Complete

Nice little surprise there!!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Schools: Haas EWMBA '15
GPA: 3.81

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 12:13
gmatamit81 wrote:
R3 applicant and got an interview call last week , my interviewer is Britta Narum . Anyone in the forum who has been interviewed by Britta and can give me some insight . Also some insight on what are the topics of interview in general would be really appreciated.

I was interviewed by Britta Narum.She was very friendly. The interviewed flowed as a normal conversation.She started the interview by asking me to walk through the resume.later she started asking some standard questions such as
how will you r friends you?.
What will your supervisor write in performance review?
What are your short term, longterm goals?

But some of the questions were tough for me. For example she asked me
What is your leadership style?
If you were the CEO for your company, what changes do you make to your company ?

At the starting of interview she said the allotted time is exactly 30 mins. As said she wrapped up the interview in 30 mins. At the end she gave me chance to ask questions.

In the forums I read there are going to be only 5- 6 questions but. For me she asked more than 6 questions, almost 10 - 12 questions.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 15:17
Hello Folks,

I studied independently for the stats waiver exam and recently completed it. I got an email from admissions that said that while I completed the exam successfully, i had a bunch of topics to brush up on. They then provided a long list of 5 topics that i should look to improve.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Should I be worried that the adcom highlighted a number of topics that I should beef up on and if that will impact their decision to take me off waitlist?
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 17:01
newbie2012 wrote:
Hello Folks,

I studied independently for the stats waiver exam and recently completed it. I got an email from admissions that said that while I completed the exam successfully, i had a bunch of topics to brush up on. They then provided a long list of 5 topics that i should look to improve.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Should I be worried that the adcom highlighted a number of topics that I should beef up on and if that will impact their decision to take me off waitlist?

While I can't speak definitively and I'm only basing my comment off of assumption, I would assume that the math and stats requirement is nothing more than a check box before they let you attend. Their decision to admit will be best on your interview, GMAT, GPA, work experience, LORs, and essay questions only (another assumption).

The reason I state this is the other candidates who were admitted had yet to take the stats exam, therefore it did not play a role in their decision making process.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 18:47
Hi,
I received UC Davis admission letter today. I have untl the 12th of May to accept it. Since I haven't heard from HAAS (& it being my first choice), I'm wondering if I should let UC Berkeley know my situation but I'm afraid of any negative impact it may hav on my app. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 21:27
Sfbay2012 wrote:
Hi,
I received UC Davis admission letter today. I have untl the 12th of May to accept it. Since I haven't heard from HAAS (& it being my first choice), I'm wondering if I should let UC Berkeley know my situation but I'm afraid of any negative impact it may hav on my app. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks.

It's unlikely they will let you know prior to the decision date, otherwise every would try that tactic. If you plan on attending Davis if you're not accepted at Haas, pay the deposit and roll the dice.

The worst that can happen is you're out a little money (in the grand scheme of things) and you get admitted to Haas. Another option is to ask Davis to give you until June 1st to decide. As they're both UC schools they may make an exception.
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 01 May 2012, 21:27