Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Sometimes, you get what you desire. I wanted an execution rather than a death-row. So here it goes, "unable to offer admission" after a WL in R2.

Best of luck to all those still out there in the trenches and congratulations to those who made it across the enemy lines.

It's been a pleasure interacting with you folks.

Originally posted by someone79 on 01 Jun 2012, 13:43.
Last edited by someone79 on 01 Jun 2012, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Congrats everyone! make sure to update your status in your profile to "admitted".

Good luck to all who have not heard yet
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
For those who are on the waitlist- how are you approaching the stats pre req if not completed already?

June 8th is the last exam date. Its pointless to study for a week and attempt the exam. Assuming we dont hear back before August what happens if you get admission and are unable to finish the pre-req? Can you defer?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbafall2011 wrote:
For those who are on the waitlist- how are you approaching the stats pre req if not completed already?

June 8th is the last exam date. Its pointless to study for a week and attempt the exam. Assuming we dont hear back before August what happens if you get admission and are unable to finish the pre-req? Can you defer?

This is what the website says

"*Please note that the statistics prerequisite is a requirement to enroll and not apply in the program; the statistics course must be completed prior to the August 1, 2012 deadline."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbafall2011 wrote:
R1 applicant- got waitlisted again. Talk about frustration- cant plan anything for the summer. I hate this limbo state- this morning i woke up and prepared myself for Unable to offer admission. I truly thought i would make the most of summer- travel probably to Europe even though tickets are already **** expensive.

Now i need to decide between prepping for the stats exam and letting this be and stepping outdoors/

MBAFall2011. What is your profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Posting first time...
Congrats to all who received the much awaited admits.

R3 applicant- currently on WL. Has anyone requested registration for "Data and Decision Workshop" ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Planning to take the waiver on June 8th. I have an old Schaums Outlines Probability and Random Variables book that i am using. it covers most of the topics except these two below.

Statistical estimation (including the Central Limit Theorem, t-distribution, confidence
intervals for a population’s mean, and hypothesis testing for a population’s mean)
• Simple and multiple regression (including covariance and correlation; R-squared, F,
and t-statistics; multicolinearity and serial correlation issues; confidence intervals in
prediction)

Has anyone done the waiver exam using any itunes courses. There is one from Harvard but the topics dont match. Any pointer to coursework is appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
mbafall2011 wrote:
Planning to take the waiver on June 8th. I have an old Schaums Outlines Probability and Random Variables book that i am using. it covers most of the topics except these two below.

Statistical estimation (including the Central Limit Theorem, t-distribution, confidence
intervals for a population’s mean, and hypothesis testing for a population’s mean)
• Simple and multiple regression (including covariance and correlation; R-squared, F,
and t-statistics; multicolinearity and serial correlation issues; confidence intervals in
prediction)

Has anyone done the waiver exam using any itunes courses. There is one from Harvard but the topics dont match. Any pointer to coursework is appreciated.

I took the waiver exam on May 18th but did not pass. There is a lecture series on youtube by a berkeley professor for Statistics 21, which is also a approved course. i was able to go through half of lectures and knew the concepts of first half really well. Had no clue on hypothesis testing questions. I am now signing up for an online course through College of Alameda this summer. But if i was able to go through all 25 lectures and actually solved the probelms in anderson and sweeney book, i could have passed. Try the problems in that book. I am sure you can pass.

A week may be short to prepare but again i knew nothing about stat other than basic probability and mean , median etc.

Good luck
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the info. are there any evening/online classes other than the UCB extension?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
mbafall2011 wrote:
Thanks for the info. are there any evening/online classes other than the UCB extension?

the Data and Decision class offered by UCB is online and the class i signed up through is also hybrid.
Its online just the mid term and final exam are on campus.
Check it out through peralta college.
Someone had posted that even foothill college had an online class.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know if we can get a copy of the recommendation provided electronically by our recommenders, from Haas ? For those who are dinged it will be good to know the quality of the recommendation they have received.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.76
WE:Design (Consulting)
Send PM
sri0415 wrote:
Hi All,

Does anyone know if we can get a copy of the recommendation provided electronically by our recommenders, from Haas ? For those who are dinged it will be good to know the quality of the recommendation they have received.

Thanks,

They probably won't give you a copy of the recommendation. The point of sealed recommendations is that the recommender can respond honestly without incurring your wrath for giving a less than stellar recommendation. If you are desperate to know, you could ask the recommender directly - though if you are prone unleashing wrath they might not be completely honest with you.

I've heard from applicants in previous years that the feedback sessions given by haas adcom to denied applicants is direct and specific. If you address the weakness and reapply your chances are much improved then next year.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Thanks a lot amm215.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I requested my recs after getting dinged in 2011. They sent it by mail. As long as you did not check the box that says you waive the right to see the reco, you should be fine.

Send them an email.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
has anyone registered for the online course at Peralta or Foothill college for the stats pre-req? Where do i go to sign up- i have already tried calling the admissions office at Peralta. They want me to apply to be a student first even before i can get information about the course.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Send PM
mbafall2011 - I think all these colleges do that? BTW, is this course approved by the admissions office?
Don't remember seeing it in their list...may be it is.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
Here is info about a course that has been approved by the Haas admin. Pulling this from the EWMBA Facebook page (not my quotes, however I don't feel comfortable posting their names here without permission):

"For those who are planning to take a statistics course, Foothill College has an online course (Math 10) that runs 6/11-7/20. The final is onsite in Los Altos, but it's a cheaper alternative to the Data & Decisions workshop."

"Their site isn't that well organized. If you go to the schedule of classes (https://www.foothill.edu/​schedule/schedule.php), choose Math Courses for "Summer 2012" and you should be able to see them."

"here's more info on the exam in case some is following this thread: https://​globalaccess.wikispaces.com​/MATH010+MARTINEZ"

"Hi Everyone, I got an email response from Haas admissions and they confirmed that this specific course from foothill was ok. They said that a lot of admitted students were taking it and they would also work with Foothill to ensure grades got there in time."

"*****, don't feel bad - their website is pretty confusing. As ***** mentioned, you do have to apply for admission, but it's pretty much an immediate acceptance. The only thing to be aware of is that the class does have a prereq - which is easily waived if you took any college math.

Here's the form that you can fax in to waive the prereq: https://foothill.edu/reg/​forms/​prerequisite_clearance.pdf"

"Here's the link for the application too:
https://www.cccapply.org/​applications/CCCApply/​apply/Foothill_College.html

I seem to remember it took a day or two for the prereq to get waived."

Good luck! Unfortunately I signed up and paid for the Berkeley course prior to seeing the discussion thread.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts