Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 06:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 33

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 09:10
mbafall2011 wrote:
bschoolapp8 wrote:
Are the rest of us toast? :(

Posted from my mobile device Image

Feels like it my friend. It really sucks! Now its just the wait for the email saying your decision is available online. Gonna go get drunk to drown my sorrows.

Well, went home did not get drunk- my pride would not let alcohol help. After what seemed like the longest night of tossing and turning - now im just expecting a "Unable to offer Admission" email from them.

need a new game plan, I applied in 2011 R3 and R1 for 2012.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 10:33
Waitlisted!

Sh$$! Fu$$ $@#%#$%#$%^@#$%@$^

Thats how i feel right now.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Statistics
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 10:35
I've also been waitlisted. Hmmm...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 10:54
i am waitlisted too!!

does anybody know what percentage of waitlists do get accepted
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 11:12
Mind posting your profiles so we may be able to zero in on some details.

Last edited by mbafall2011 on 19 Feb 2012, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 11:53
GMAT 760, undergrad GPA 3.8, B.S., M.S., 10+ WE in engineering & engineering management.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 12:42
wait listed too..I don't know what was missing frankly. If you guys know friends who have been WL have them join this forum. We need to share ideas and strategies and most importantly provide moral support to one another
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 12:45
Hmmm- out of 9 active candidates on this forum so far
4 admits, 4 wl.

Anyway, what exactly did you WL email say? i want to see if the wording is standard or if we can gather something else from the wording.
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 18:21
I have a theory. Lack of action on gmatclub / BW forums suggests there might not have been enough applicants in R1 this yr so adcom decided to wait until R2 before releasing decision? We need a bigger pool of EWMBA 2015 applicants to draw any conclusions
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 19:02
I am a little confused by what i learnt from Scott at EWMBA office today.
He mentioned that the waitlisted candidates will get to know the decision only after round 3...
... Round 1, round 2, round 3 waitlists will be put in a common pool and would be given a chance only after round 3 admissions are complete ... which would be somewhere in july

As per my understanding, this is not how it has been all these years. Round 1 waitlists normally do get considered for round 2 and do get to know the decision by round 2 decision date .. so i am not sure if something has changed this year

I guess i will call up again on monday
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 10:32
findprithvi wrote:
He mentioned that the waitlisted candidates will get to know the decision only after round 3...
... Round 1, round 2, round 3 waitlists will be put in a common pool and would be given a chance only after round 3 admissions are complete ... which would be somewhere in july

As per my understanding, this is not how it has been all these years. Round 1 waitlists normally do get considered for round 2 and do get to know the decision by round 2 decision date .. so i am not sure if something has changed this year

In past years, they admitted wait listed candidates on rolling basis closer to R2 admission date. I'll be very curious to learn if they have changed their process this year. Please post what you learn from the EWMBA office today :) Thank you!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 11:05
Those on the WL- should we just exchange email ids and take our discussions offline?

What is the date by which you have to submit additional materials?
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 11:32
bschoolapp8 wrote:
findprithvi wrote:

In past years, they admitted wait listed candidates on rolling basis closer to R2 admission date. I'll be very curious to learn if they have changed their process this year. Please post what you learn from the EWMBA office today :) Thank you!

Yup .. just spoke to Monica
She confirmed that R1 waitlists would be considered with R2 applicants .. and would get to know the decision by 3/29.
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 11:42
findprithvi wrote:
bschoolapp8 wrote:
findprithvi wrote:

Yup .. just spoke to Monica
She confirmed that R1 waitlists would be considered with R2 applicants .. and would get to know the decision by 3/29.

awesome thank you!! I suppose they want to look at the entire pool before making their decision. So much for being early round applicants!! :| Deadline for additional documents is March 10th?

I'm ok with communicating via emails but prefer the forum with the hope that more waitlisters join us down the road and we have a bigger forum to discuss :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 11:48
bschoolapp8 wrote:
awesome thank you!! I suppose they want to look at the entire pool before making their decision. So much for being early round applicants!! :| Deadline for additional documents is March 10th?

I'm ok with communicating via emails but prefer the forum with the hope that more waitlisters join us down the road and we have a bigger forum to discuss :)

yup .. deadline is march 10th

i agree ..'So much for being early round applicants!!' :|
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2012, 16:07
Did you get the email about the waitlist only chat on Friday? Can we all collect common questions here?
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2012, 17:25
Yes, got the invite for chat.
Is anyone planning to do the pre-req? I noticed it takes 3-6 months to get that done so i am not sure if we should do it now or wait till summer? What else are you guys thinking of doing?

I am also interested to know how many have been waitlisted though i don't think we will ever know that..haha
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2012, 21:37
Interviewed today...now I get to wait...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 7

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2012, 10:22
RG, how did it go? I had mine a little while back. Overall, I thought it went well. I was a little nervous and felt like the 30 mins flew by.

RG0105 wrote:
Interviewed today...now I get to wait...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2012, 11:43
CaliCpa wrote:
RG, how did it go? I had mine a little while back. Overall, I thought it went well. I was a little nervous and felt like the 30 mins flew by.

I felt exactly the same. I didn't think my answers were uber long or anything, but it certainly didn't feel like 30 mins. The interviewer explained that they only have 30 mins to interview and then 30 mins to write it up, so they're on a pretty tight schedule.

It was a prety casual coversation...no surprising questions.
Re: Haas EWMBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 15 Feb 2012, 11:43