Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 03:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 -Calling all WAITLISTED Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 126

Kudos [?]: 779 [0], given: 806

Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 -Calling all WAITLISTED Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2014, 02:41
Expert's post
University of California, Berkeley : The Walter A. Haas School of Business

Discussion thread for EMBA Waitlisted Applicants

Roll Call

NOTE :- The above list updates automatically as and when applicants update their application Status. If your name does not appear in the list, please check and update your application status or post in this thread.

Good luck to all Waitlisted Candidates!! :)

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 -Calling all WAITLISTED Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 09:49
What additional materials are you planning to submit? Any insights on the stats on how many waitlisted people can get admitted?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 -Calling all WAITLISTED Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 11:46
Waitlisted for the program! I think the biggest weak spot in my application was my GMAT. Any recommendations on how to prep for this exam (again), but given less than a month's timeframe? Should I look into the GRE to see how I do on that?
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 -Calling all WAITLISTED Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 12:26
@trru005 Do you mind sharing your GMAT score? If its not too low, I wouldnt bother writing it again given the short span of time. You might want to think of any additional information you can give in your essays to strengthen your case.

On the other hand, giving GMAT (no matter what your second score is) shows the adcom that you are committed to getting a higher score in such a short span of time.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 -Calling all WAITLISTED Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 12:34
trru005 wrote:
Waitlisted for the program! I think the biggest weak spot in my application was my GMAT. Any recommendations on how to prep for this exam (again), but given less than a month's timeframe? Should I look into the GRE to see how I do on that?

In case you do decide to re-take the GMAT:

770-q50-v45-3-weeks-prep-journal-advice-materials-155273.html

Probably the most detailed debrief you can get on how to study in 3 weeks!
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 -Calling all WAITLISTED Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 12:38
I think my biggest weakness is the number of years of experience(3.5 years by August 2014) and also being in a pool of engineers. Any ideas on how I can strengthen my application?

Another work recommendation?(the original recommendations were from non-profit) or recommendation from a non-profit am working with or both?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 -Calling all WAITLISTED Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 12:47
pari2003 wrote:
I think my biggest weakness is the number of years of experience(3.5 years by August 2014) and also being in a pool of engineers. Any ideas on how I can strengthen my application?

Another work recommendation?(the original recommendations were from non-profit) or recommendation from a non-profit am working with or both?

Had mentioned this in the other forum but makes more sense here:

@WL folks : Last year I was WL twice, before being rejected on the last before school started, so I know how you guys feel. Hang in there.
One thing you guys could do is to either redo one of your essays, which you think might be weak or write a new essay about a Haas principle. I had submitted an essay last year about how I exemplified a Haas principle, that was not covered in my first app or interview. During my feedback interview, the Adcom person mentioned that it had a positive impact on my app last yr (obviously not positive enough!).

If possible, have your manager write an additional letter which shows Adcom that even though you don't have much experience, you are taking on tasks which a senior person might do. That might help mitigate the lack of experience a bit.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 -Calling all WAITLISTED Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 13:07
pari2003 wrote:
@trru005 Do you mind sharing your GMAT score? If its not too low, I wouldnt bother writing it again given the short span of time. You might want to think of any additional information you can give in your essays to strengthen your case.

On the other hand, giving GMAT (no matter what your second score is) shows the adcom that you are committed to getting a higher score in such a short span of time.

Thanks! It's low. :( Didn't score in the 80% range. Honestly, I think the other areas of my application are really strong and would be difficult to provide any additional info there. I've read that either taking the GMAT again or taking a calc/stats class can help demonstrate quant. proficiency. Would it make sense to take a quant. class even though quant. proficiency was updated as "complete" on my application portal? Also, in my undergrad classes, I received A's in Calc & Stats, which I pointed out in my application.

Last edited by trru005 on 04 Apr 2014, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 -Calling all WAITLISTED Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 13:13
@2timesACharm Thank you for the link! Wow, that's pretty detailed. I'm thinking of looking into a private tutor.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 -Calling all WAITLISTED Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 13:15
pari2003 wrote:

I'm almost in the same boat! I'd have about 4 years of work experience come this August 2014. I would definitely would recommend adding in professional recommendations if you have only included non-profit ones at this point. It'll exemplify a more diverse background.
Re: Haas EWMBA Class of 2017 -Calling all WAITLISTED Applicants!   [#permalink] 04 Apr 2014, 13:15