Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 12:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas(Full Time MBA) 2016 Class-Calling all Admitted Students

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
VP
VP
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 449 [0], given: 454

Premium Member CAT Tests
Haas(Full Time MBA) 2016 Class-Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 10:07
University of California, Berkeley : The Walter A. Haas School of Business

Admitted Students Thread.

Congratulations to all those who have been accepted to the class of 2016 at Haas!

:wave

All Admitted folks,
This thread is for you. Feel free to discuss.

Here are some past discussions.
admitted-to-haas-class-of-2013-thread-107808.html
admitted-to-berkeley-haas-class-of-2012-thread-91651.html
admitted-to-berkeley-haas-class-of-2011-thread-75159.html

Roll Call

NOTE :- The above list updates automatically as and when applicants update their application Status. If your name does not appear in the list, please check and update your application status or post in this thread.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q V0
GPA: 3.67
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [2] , given: 2

Re: Haas(Berkeley) Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 10:51
This post received
KUDOS
Wow it's just exciting to be in this thread in the first place!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas(Berkeley) Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 14:40
Anyone know if scholarships would have been discussed on the call? I've heard you'd only hear if you were awarded a scholarship in your physical offer letter but that seems a little strange...
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE: Human Resources (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas(Berkeley) Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 09:33
Has anyone gotten an email to confirm their admittance? I got a phone call, and I swear I didn't dream it up, but I haven't received an email and it doesn't look like my status has changed in my online portal...
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.53
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas(Berkeley) Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 11:07
I got two separate e-mails - one from the adcom member who read my app and then another from "MBA Decision" which included a PDF of the official offer letters from Haas and the greater UC Berkeley Graduate Division.
I'm curious about scholarships too. I know there is a separate application, but were any scholarships given at admission?
Current Student

Re: Haas(Berkeley) Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 12:07
speedyb09 wrote:
Has anyone gotten an email to confirm their admittance? I got a phone call, and I swear I didn't dream it up, but I haven't received an email and it doesn't look like my status has changed in my online portal...

Okay, well I at least got one email!
Current Student
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

Re: Haas(Berkeley) Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 09:55
Did anyone apply for scholarships by the first deadline date? If so, the website says we should be notified today. Just wanted to check if anybody has heard anything. I have not gotten an email and my status hasn't changed or anything online.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at Days@Haas
Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas(Berkeley) Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 10:01
beez wrote:
Did anyone apply for scholarships by the first deadline date? If so, the website says we should be notified today. Just wanted to check if anybody has heard anything. I have not gotten an email and my status hasn't changed or anything online.

No, but I was curious so I called the office to ask how we would know if we had been selected. They said that they would be sending emails by the end of today, but by early tomorrow morning at the latest.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q V0
GPA: 3.67
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas(Berkeley) Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 10:27
beez wrote:

I applied to this round too but yet to hear anything. Will wait for the emails.
Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas(Berkeley) Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 11:33
I noticed that if you go to the scholarship application page where can you select which scholarships you are interested in applying for, a few of them have now been "grayed out", indicating that they have been fully awarded - in particular, the Tahir, Tirado, and Torres Family Fellowships.
Current Student

Re: Haas(Berkeley) Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 11:51
bucc1919 wrote:
beez wrote:

No, but I was curious so I called the office to ask how we would know if we had been selected. They said that they would be sending emails by the end of today, but by early tomorrow morning at the latest.

Glad to hear I am not the only one waiting on this. It is killing me.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas(Berkeley) Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 12:25
Just got the e-mail - no fellowship

speedyb09 wrote:
bucc1919 wrote:
beez wrote:

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas(Berkeley) Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 12:33
Same here - nothing for me either.
Intern
Intern
WE: Corporate Finance (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 43

Re: Haas(Berkeley) Class of 2016 - Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2014, 10:47
speedyb09 wrote:
bucc1919 wrote:
beez wrote:

Can you tell me how you overcame a below average GMAT score in getting into Haas/Kellogg?
Current Student
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

Re: Haas(Full Time MBA) 2016 Class-Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2014, 14:50
No fellowship here either...
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GRE 1: 323 Q161 V162
GPA: 3.61
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 5 [2] , given: 0

Re: Haas(Full Time MBA) 2016 Class-Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2014, 14:52
This post received
KUDOS
Just withdrew my Columbia and Duke acceptances. Lets do it Berkeley style!
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 449 [1] , given: 454

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Haas(Full Time MBA) 2016 Class-Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 01:47
This post received
KUDOS
luci2386 wrote:

Congratulations!

Can you elaborate your thought process?
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GRE 1: 323 Q161 V162
GPA: 3.61
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 5 [2] , given: 0

Re: Haas(Full Time MBA) 2016 Class-Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 07:16
This post received
KUDOS
jumsumtak wrote:
luci2386 wrote:

Congratulations!

Can you elaborate your thought process?

It was a matter of program and atmosphere fit as well as geographical preference. I worked in NYC for 5 years so I was looking for a new experience and to build a new network. I am looking to move towards social impact investing and Haas has great programs. Fuqua has a great social impact program but I felt that being in a smaller city like Durham will be harder since there are not a lot of opportunities to work part-time or network with organizations.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 680 Q V0
GPA: 3.7

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas(Full Time MBA) 2016 Class-Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2014, 04:17
Hi all,

I am very excited for Haas and have never done a real campus visit (been to the university, but never to Haas). However, I cannot make it to the Admit weekend due to other commitments. Any one of you here blog? If so it would really help if you blog about your admit weekend experience so we all can get a flavor of it even those like me who cannot be there.

Thanks and go bears!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 14

Re: Haas(Full Time MBA) 2016 Class-Calling all Admitted Students [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2014, 05:13
For those admitted students who are gearing up on stuff from Amazon.com, we are eligible to a free 6 month subscription of their Amazon Student program, which gives us free 2-day shipping and some exclusive offers. It will come in handy for textbooks and stuff for our new homes. If interested, just register your .edu e-mail address to your Amazon account, through the following link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup ... pe=generic

Best of luck!
Re: Haas(Full Time MBA) 2016 Class-Calling all Admitted Students   [#permalink] 28 Jul 2014, 05:13