Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 08:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 18

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 12:54
werfancy wrote:
I read an old post with the following:
Status description (when you click on "status report" on the main screen) is what changes and this will give you an idea as to when exactly the adcom guys start reviewing your application.

Stage 1: The description reads something like " Your application is ready for review......" and under additional notes they put in comments if they will need your official transcripts etc at a later stage if you are invited for interview

Stage 2: When the adcom guys actually pick your application for review, the status description changes to this -
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"

Once your status description changes to this, you can start looking for an interview invite. Now, nobody knows how long it takes to get interview invites after Stage 2. Some got it in a week, others even longer..... probably based on how may hands your application passed through or based on availability of an alum for interview etc etc.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Interesting distinction! Thanks. Do you know whether one gets an email at the change from stage 1 to 2? And does the application status change or is it the same for both stages at "Application under review"?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.56
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 13:53
I received an invite to interview last night around 730 pm. Submitted on 10/11 (so five days early) and my application became "Ready for Review" on 10/21.

e-commerce marketing/merchandising in NYC
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 16:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Berkeley MBA Admissions is on Facebook!
We are excited to announce the launch of theFull-time MBA Admissions page on Facebook.  ”Like” us to get weekly updates from the admissions committee and students, plus important news about all things Haas.  The page is also a great channel to ask questions directly of the Admissions Committee.  If it’s on your mind, another candidate is probably thinking the same thing!  Did you hear that we recruited three top faculty members from Harvard, Brown and MIT in entrepreneurship and finance?  Do you want to virtually meet current students and members of the admissions committee?  Curious about how to approach our new “song” essay?  All of this and more will be discussed on our page.

Plus, our Executive Director, Stephanie Fujii, will personally share application tips and announce a new scholarship format for 2013.  You’ll want to be the first to know, exclusively on our Facebook page.

Going forward, we will leverage the page as our primary method of outbound communication for prospective applicants.  While we will continue to maintain the Admissions Blog, it will be updated less frequently.  We strongly recommend you also connect with us on Facebook for the most timely updates.

– Morgan

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Manager
Manager

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 16:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Contest Winners
In February we held the “What’s Your Defining Principles Contest” and received over 100 submissions from the prospective student community.  Thank you for sharing your values and inspiration with us!  The top five winning principles are listed below:

All winners were contacted by email immediately following the contest close.  We will announce additional contest opportunities this summer as we transition into the next application cycle for the Class of 2016.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Manager
Manager

FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Haas Value of an MBA Contest – Now Live!
Enter the Haas Value of an MBA Contest to Win a Haas Modify Watch!

The Berkeley-Haas students are the best and brightest from around the world, and must demonstrate a passion for innovative leadership in today’s global marketplace. Help us show the rich diversity and backgrounds of students.

Requirements: Write an essay about the following topic. “What is the value of an MBA?” Essays should not exceed 200 words in length.

Judging: Admissions staff will judge all entries and award 4 total prizes based on the quality of the response.

Prizes:

• 1 Haas Modify Watch
Contest Rules: 

• You may only submit one (1) entry per person
  • Plaigerized essays will be automatically disqualified
  • Limit your essay to 200 words. Essays longer than this length will be disqualified.
  • Contest submissions will be accepted starting Monday, July 29, 2013 through 11:59PM Sunday, August 11, 2013
  • Up to four (4) winners will be selected based on the quality of the response, creativity, and thoughtfulness of the description
  • Winners will be contacted via email by Monday, August 19, 2013
  • Contest is open to anyone, including students who do not intend to apply to Haas in this academic cycle.
How to enter: Submit your essay to us by email to mbaadm@haas.berkeley.edu. Please make sure to include your first name, last name, and essay response.

Disclaimer: By submitting an entry you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the contest rules, method of judging, and prize information as stated above. Furthermore, you assert that you have all rights to the distribution and use of the essay you submit. The first names and last name initial of all winners will be announced on the Berkeley Full-Time Admissions Facebook page the week of August 19th, 2013. Contest responses may be shared anonymously on the Facebook page. Winning the Haas Value of an MBA Contest does not guarantee a positive outcome in the admissions process. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered, by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are disclosing information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.�

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.27
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 10:54
Had my interview last week and also received email notification that they'd received my official transcripts. On the "Status Report" online, it still says "Interview and Review." It no longer has the note about please send your transcripts from ____ as soon as possible though. Anyone know if this means my interviewer perhaps still hasn't submitted his report yet? Or, is it just what it will say until the decision? Or perhaps it just takes awhile to process his report and get it included in the status. Thanks to anyone who has insight. Just want to make sure my interviewer didn't send it to the wrong email address or something silly.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.99
WE: Law (Law)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 11:11
milapp wrote:
It no longer has the note about please send your transcripts from ____ as soon as possible though.

I am surprised that my uploaded version of translated transcripts was not sufficient. O_o That is weird... Do you know what they require? Is it just a hard copy of your transcripts and verified by notary signature and seal or what?

Last edited by whenever on 16 Nov 2013, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 11:26
whenever wrote:
milapp wrote:
It no longer has the note about please send your transcripts from ____ as soon as possible though.

I am surprised that uploaded version of translated transcripts was not sufficient. O_o That is weird... Do you know what they require? Is it just a hard copy of your transcripts and verified by notary signature and seal or what?

Not sure what it would require if you have to have them translated and notarized and all. For me, I just put in an electronic transcript request to my Undergrad alma mater online and they sent it directly to the address Haas indicates. Comes straight from them and has a seal on the envelope and all that jazz. Hope it's not too much of a hassle. They are one of the few that do this. I am liking how some just wait till you're actually admitted.

Anyone know if the "20-30% of applicants receive interview invitations" is still accurate? Since they admit about 14%, I'm thinking I'm in a good position as my interview seemed to go really well. Don't want to count my eggs before they're hatched of course, but just trying to stay positive.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.99
WE: Law (Law)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2013, 00:54
milapp wrote:
whenever wrote:
milapp wrote:

I am surprised that uploaded version of translated transcripts was not sufficient. O_o That is weird... Do you know what they require? Is it just a hard copy of your transcripts and verified by notary signature and seal or what?

Not sure what it would require if you have to have them translated and notarized and all. For me, I just put in an electronic transcript request to my Undergrad alma mater online and they sent it directly to the address Haas indicates. Comes straight from them and has a seal on the envelope and all that jazz. Hope it's not too much of a hassle. They are one of the few that do this. I am liking how some just wait till you're actually admitted.

Well, for you it is obviously easier. You don't need to translate them into English and to send to the other hemisphere)))

BTW: invited tonight to the interview (2 am Israeli time). interviewer should be an Israeli alumnus, end of November. My status has changed on the web-site plus an e-mail from the adcom.
Current Student
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 326 Q161 V165
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Other)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2013, 05:55
Did anyone else get the Berkeley MBA: Careers e-mail? My heart stopped when I saw an e-mail from Berkeley, thinking it was an invite to interview, only to be teased with promotional material about how great their career services are. Hopefully I get an interview out of the stress of that e-mail?
Current Student
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2013, 06:20
@mgill, yes I got that all so... They can't say "I'm thrilled..." without saying something positive about our application status..

very uncool...
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2013, 08:54
My application went under review on Oct 22, it's been 4 weeks, not looking good... I'm 90% sure they've passed on.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 18

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2013, 12:17
lindalibinbin wrote:
My application went under review on Oct 22, it's been 4 weeks, not looking good... I'm 90% sure they've passed on.

Depends on whether it's under review Stage 1 or under review Stage 2 ;) (see above) I'm sure they just haven't started reading yet!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2013, 14:34
This post received
KUDOS
[/quote]
I am surprised that uploaded version of translated transcripts was not sufficient. O_o That is weird... Do you know what they require? Is it just a hard copy of your transcripts and verified by notary signature and seal or what?[/quote]

Not sure what it would require if you have to have them translated and notarized and all. For me, I just put in an electronic transcript request to my Undergrad alma mater online and they sent it directly to the address Haas indicates. Comes straight from them and has a seal on the envelope and all that jazz. Hope it's not too much of a hassle. They are one of the few that do this. I am liking how some just wait till you're actually admitted. [/quote]
Well, for you it is obviously easier. You don't need to translate them into English and to send to the other hemisphere)))

BTW: invited tonight to the interview (2 am Israeli time). interviewer should be an Israeli alumnus, end of November. My status has changed on the web-site plus an e-mail from the adcom.[/quote]

Good luck on the interview! Generally speaking their interviews seem to be very casual, and mine was definitely so. I think this is especially the case for interviews abroad with alums. They are usually just so excited to talk to someone about Haas that it ends up largely being a conversation with significant time spent by them talking about their experience. My interviewer only does one interview every few years I think so he was excited to talk about the school and what to him was my non-traditional background. We ended up talking for an hour but he was in no hurry to end it. Again, good luck!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.81

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2013, 22:50
whenever wrote:
contessa922 wrote:
It looks like everyone's statuses are "Under Review" and mine is still "Received". I submitted on 10/16, and my recommendations came in the same day. Is anyone else in the same boat? Just wondering if/when it would be appropriate to contact admissions to check on this.

Don't worry, I have submitted my application on 10/13 and the status was changed on November 6 to "Under review". It is still under review, so I am expecting some changes soon. I think they check it one by one, so your turn will come. ;-)

Just checked, my current status report shows:
"Status Description
Your application is ready for review, but we may need additional materials before a final decision can be made. Please read the note below, which indicates what is missing from your application. Please feel free to call or e-mail us if you have any questions regarding these documents.

Additional Notes:
We will require an official transcript and degree certificate issued by xxx Uni..."

Does it mean the Adcom hasn't started ACTUALLY review my package?
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 1400 Q800 V600
GPA: 3.62
WE: Research (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2013, 23:34
Any MBA/MPH applicants get an interview yet?
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
WE: Other (Venture Capital)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [2] , given: 33

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2013, 14:04
This post received
KUDOS
Just got an invite!! So excited! based in US (midwest), finance background. submitted hours before deadline and status changed to "under review" late last week.

How have people's interviews been? I heard they tend to be relatively conversational...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GPA: 3.64
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 7

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2013, 16:53
werfancy wrote:
I read an old post with the following:
Status description (when you click on "status report" on the main screen) is what changes and this will give you an idea as to when exactly the adcom guys start reviewing your application.

Stage 1: The description reads something like " Your application is ready for review......" and under additional notes they put in comments if they will need your official transcripts etc at a later stage if you are invited for interview

Stage 2: When the adcom guys actually pick your application for review, the status description changes to this -
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"

Once your status description changes to this, you can start looking for an interview invite. Now, nobody knows how long it takes to get interview invites after Stage 2. Some got it in a week, others even longer..... probably based on how may hands your application passed through or based on availability of an alum for interview etc etc.

Has anyone without an invite observed change in app status from stage 1 to stage 2?
Or can anyone who got an invite confirm this?
Mine has been in stage 1 for about four weeks and still nothing...
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2013, 17:31
Hi, any brazilian or international received an invite for interview?
2.5 weeks with my application under review and I haven't heard back yet.
My heart almost stoped also with the careers email :)
Current Student
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 326 Q161 V165
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Other)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2013, 19:14
AK2016, I had a change in my status about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I'm guessing that means they passed over me, but I submitted the GRE and this is their first year of accepting that test, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Good luck!

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 18 Nov 2013, 19:14