Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 10:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1083
Followers: 69

Kudos [?]: 436 [0], given: 448

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 17:25
whenever wrote:
gsmtftw wrote:
Preparing for Round 2 and..... I can't find my song!!!!
How did you R1 applicants find yours?

Start it from the end. Take the list of songs that you love the most. Throw away those without lyrics or those that have undoubtedly simple lyrics. Try to find something encouraging or phylosophical, but do not go with most obvious choices, like Nirvana or The Beatles... Then find something in your life, like the time when you struggled or overcame a setback and then you should try to make an overlap between this song and that period of life and how it helped you and what you took from it. More or less like that.


That's one way. Just a word of caution - the question doesnt about your favorite song, but the one which expresses you the best. So, another way can be to identify what you want to convey to the adcom and then picking a song. However, I agree with the advice that doing a very common song would be no fun. Finally, show some creativity in choosing and linking the song to your life. The song itself is a very small component of the essay. It's what you do around it.

Good luck
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Posts: 11
Location: Korea, Republic of
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GPA: 3.64
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 19:39
1
This post received
KUDOS
gurpreetsingh wrote:
Mine status changed to stage 2 on 27/11/2013 :

Status Description
Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision.

I think now they have picked up my application and reviewing. So I should be expecting interview call in a week if they like my profile.

Berkeley has a very nice app portal and they keep us updated about changes. I really appreciate that they too understand we are anticipating updates periodically.

Good luck Guys !!


Appreciate the feedback!
Good to know that they are not done reviewing the apps.
Hopefully my status changes soon as well.
Good luck to those who are still waiting!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Posts: 36
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Corporate Finance (Insurance)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2013, 04:17
jumsumtak wrote:
whenever wrote:
gsmtftw wrote:
Preparing for Round 2 and..... I can't find my song!!!!
How did you R1 applicants find yours?

Start it from the end. Take the list of songs that you love the most. Throw away those without lyrics or those that have undoubtedly simple lyrics. Try to find something encouraging or phylosophical, but do not go with most obvious choices, like Nirvana or The Beatles... Then find something in your life, like the time when you struggled or overcame a setback and then you should try to make an overlap between this song and that period of life and how it helped you and what you took from it. More or less like that.


That's one way. Just a word of caution - the question doesnt about your favorite song, but the one which expresses you the best. So, another way can be to identify what you want to convey to the adcom and then picking a song. However, I agree with the advice that doing a very common song would be no fun. Finally, show some creativity in choosing and linking the song to your life. The song itself is a very small component of the essay. It's what you do around it.

Good luck


Thanks guys!
I know that I have to find the song that expresses me best, but I'm not really into music so I don't know many songs..
I wish there were a site that categorized music based on the contents of lyrics... not the genre...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2013
Posts: 26
Location: Israel
Concentration: International Business, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.99
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2013, 11:43
gsmtftw wrote:
Thanks guys!
I know that I have to find the song that expresses me best, but I'm not really into music so I don't know many songs..
I wish there were a site that categorized music based on the contents of lyrics... not the genre...


Well, me neither, I just surf and sometimes something I find attractive and just add it to my list. Try to look through the list of Indie groups, you may find something really brilliant there. I don't know your taste, but check out these bands and look through their lyrics, maybe something will catch your eye:

Arctic Monkeys
Coldplay
The Guggenheim Grotto,
Bebe Balck (I liked "Never Forget" and Deathwish")

and many many others of that kind. =)

And by the way, this particular song from OST Breaking Bad was really great: Black.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Posts: 32
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
WE: Other (Venture Capital)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 33

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2013, 17:07
whenever wrote:
gsmtftw wrote:
Thanks guys!
I know that I have to find the song that expresses me best, but I'm not really into music so I don't know many songs..
I wish there were a site that categorized music based on the contents of lyrics... not the genre...


Well, me neither, I just surf and sometimes something I find attractive and just add it to my list. Try to look through the list of Indie groups, you may find something really brilliant there. I don't know your taste, but check out these bands and look through their lyrics, maybe something will catch your eye:

Arctic Monkeys
Coldplay
The Guggenheim Grotto,
Bebe Balck (I liked "Never Forget" and Deathwish")

and many many others of that kind. =)

And by the way, this particular song from OST Breaking Bad was really great: Black.


This essay is supposed to be fun...it should be fun to write and fun for the adcoms to read. I wouldn't over-think or over-analyze the essay, just think about a few songs you like, see if any relate to who you are, and enjoy writing an essay that's less 'serious' than most other ones.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Dec 2012
Posts: 33
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.81
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 03:47
anyone based in Great China got the interview yet? just logged in to check and my status is still in Stage 1.i.e" ready for review" rather than "is under review"..
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2013
Posts: 26
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 10:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog:
Image
Image

Image
Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

_________________

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2013
Posts: 26
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 15:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Haas Trivia Contest Day 1
Part I: Through which experiential learning course did Wells Fargo engage students to develop recommendations for cost-effective and scalable solutions to double retirement accounts?   (Hint: An MBA graduate was hired by Wells Fargo as a result of this course!)

Part II: Name another recent client of this experiential learning course.

Correct answers to both parts must be submitted to us at mbaadm@haas.berkeley.edu. Comments or any other form of messaging will NOT constitute a submission. For complete contest rules please see our previous post about the Haas Trivia Contest.

Image
Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

_________________

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 107
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 8

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 16:34
Just got my interview invitation. I am based in Singapore.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2013
Posts: 36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 16:58
randomwalk wrote:
Just got my interview invitation. I am based in Singapore.

Congrats Ramdonwalk! Few questions:

When did ur app move to the under review stage (the one with ready to review) and did it change to stage 2? Also, what does the status say right now?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2012
Posts: 39
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GRE 1: 329 Q V
GPA: 3.51
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 17:11
lostkiki wrote:
anyone based in Great China got the interview yet? just logged in to check and my status is still in Stage 1.i.e" ready for review" rather than "is under review"..


I'm based in China and right now I'm at the "application under review" stage
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 107
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 8

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 18:17
werfancy wrote:
randomwalk wrote:
Just got my interview invitation. I am based in Singapore.

Congrats Ramdonwalk! Few questions:

When did ur app move to the under review stage (the one with ready to review) and did it change to stage 2? Also, what does the status say right now?


werfancy, I unfortunately did not track the status changes. I had wrongly interpreted the status change stages and had been tracking the remarks section which used to say "bring the transcripts along during interview" instead of the statuses themselves. :roll:

My current status is "interview and review".
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 1
Location: United States
Schools: Sloan '16
GPA: 3.47
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 20:26
If it's at all helpful -

Stage 2 Review: Nov. 12
Interview Invitation: Nov. 26
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2013
Posts: 26
Location: United States
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 326 Q161 V165
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2013, 11:32
go123 wrote:
If it's at all helpful -

Stage 2 Review: Nov. 12
Interview Invitation: Nov. 26


Go123, did you submit the GMAT or the GRE? I'm wondering if anyone's submitted the GRE instead of the GMAT and gotten an interview...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2013, 12:22
mgill wrote:
go123 wrote:
If it's at all helpful -

Stage 2 Review: Nov. 12
Interview Invitation: Nov. 26


Go123, did you submit the GMAT or the GRE? I'm wondering if anyone's submitted the GRE instead of the GMAT and gotten an interview...



Just GMAT
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2013
Posts: 58
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 28

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2013, 12:38
I'm an international applicant and haven't received an interview invite yet...
How worried should I be?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2013
Posts: 53
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2013, 12:41
So I logged into the account, it says my application is under review but when I click on the status description and it keeps saying an error occurred. Should I be worried?!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 13
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2013, 12:44
Only 9% of applicants on this forum have reported either an invite to interview or an interview. Haas admissions people say they usually interview around 25% of applicants. Am I missing something? I think we have a whole lot more invites to go. Way too early to lose hope! If I don't hear from admissions by Christmas, I will allow myself to lose hope then :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2013
Posts: 13
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2013, 12:46
I'm getting the error message too. Must be their system...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2013
Posts: 58
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 28

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2013, 12:54
Error message here as well
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 03 Dec 2013, 12:54
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students jumsumtak 77 16 Jan 2014, 09:04
7 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas(Full Time MBA) 2016 Class-Calling all Admitted Students jumsumtak 19 14 Jan 2014, 10:07
9 Experts publish their posts in the topic Desautels Class of 2016 - Calling All MBA Applicants souvik101990 63 24 Sep 2013, 11:06
4 Experts publish their posts in the topic ESADE MBA Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! anuragiitr 63 24 Sep 2013, 11:04
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cranfield MBA class of 2016 calling all applicants! souvik101990 2 15 Sep 2013, 03:18
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  32    Next  [ 632 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.