Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 22:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 68

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 19:12
Just received an interview invite! Real estate guy from New Zealand. It took me by complete surprise as it's the weekend and I'm in holiday mode hehe.

Good luck those still waiting!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2013, 07:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Haas Trivia Contest – Day 5 Answer
Congratulations to Vicky C. who submitted the first correct response. The two students who are planning the drive from Deadhorse, Alaska, to Tierra Del Fuego, Argentina are Jonathan Lim and Brandon Doll, both of whom happen to be veterans as well. They anticipate their vehicle, named the Solar Nomad, will make this journey in the summer of 2015.

To learn more about their project and how the Solar Nomad was conceived, please visit the Haas Newsroom.

http://newsroom.haas.berkeley.edu/article/mba-student-and-veteran-jonathan-lim-nominated-white-house-champion-change

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Analyst (Other)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 07:21
davben wrote:
Just received an interview invite! Real estate guy from New Zealand. It took me by complete surprise as it's the weekend and I'm in holiday mode hehe.

Good luck those still waiting!

Congrats! Good luck with the interview :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 08:03
Anyone from (and based out of) India received an invite ?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
WE: Project Management (Transportation)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 18:12
i asked the AO about the invitation sending end date, but it seems they will continue to send until close to the decision date.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.73
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 15

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 21:23
Just had my application changed to Under Review. Seems that they are still doing reviews (and hopefully still sending interview invites).

Just a little more than 1 month to go until decision deadline with the holidays coming up. Super nervous!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Ross '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.13
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 23:40
This post received
KUDOS
Got interview invitation few hours ago. :-D
Submitted my application on Oct. 15th and became ready for review on Oct. 22nd (it was a really long wait). Don't lose hope, they're still sending~
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 28

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 04:39
Sugararbez wrote:
Got interview invitation few hours ago. :-D
Submitted my application on Oct. 15th and became ready for review on Oct. 22nd (it was a really long wait). Don't lose hope, they're still sending~

Congratz, Sugararbez!

Yesterday I got an e-mail from Haas inviting to a coffee chat with students... For a few seconds I thought it was an interview invite...
So frustrating!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 15:01
My stats has just changed to under review. There is still hope...

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 38 [1] , given: 13

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 02:12
This post received
KUDOS
I got Stage 1 under review on November 6. Nothing has changed since. Anyone else wait this long between Stage 1 and Stage 2?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 04:37
cjliu49 wrote:
I got Stage 1 under review on November 6. Nothing has changed since. Anyone else wait this long between Stage 1 and Stage 2?

I got stage 1 on October 22 and only yesterday it changed to stage 2.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.27
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 11:30
This post received
KUDOS
cjliu49 wrote:

Honestly don't worry about it. They review different apps at different times based on whatever system they use, but rest assured it'll get fully reviewed. I think sometimes the status online doesn't necessarily reflect every single update or set of eyes that looks at it. For example, a few weeks after I'd already interviewed I called because it still said "interview and review" stage and then specifically invited me to register for my interview (even though it had been completed for a couple weeks). So, I emailed to confirm and everything was in order and the status just still says what it says. Bottom line is they get 3K (great) apps per year and have a slightly longer turnaround than some schools, so bear that in mind. Unless it seems really clear that something is wrong I wouldn't worry about it.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q V0
GPA: 3.67
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 11:53
R1 Has anyone been accepted yet? Or should I not be expecting to hear anything until Jan 15th?

Had my interview in the middle of November.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Insead '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Other)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 13:27
shkrem wrote:
R1 Has anyone been accepted yet? Or should I not be expecting to hear anything until Jan 15th?

I submitted on October 15th. Recos went in Oct 16th. Received Interview Invite on 3rd December. I interviewed today in Chicago with an Alum.

Based on last year's thread, admits started flowing in a couple of days prior to the specific Round deadlines. So I am not going to worry until 12th or 13th January.

Good Luck to everyone waiting!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
WE: Other (Venture Capital)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 33

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 21:56
shkrem wrote:

I don't think they notify you until the decision date. Isn't that how it went down last year?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas '16 (WL)
GPA: 3.75
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 07:39
Along with others, I am getting pretty nervous about my application into Haas. Do they let you know if you have been dinged before the admission deadline or do they just not interview you by the time the next round starts and then start sending out notifications?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 15:26
This post received
KUDOS
Just received an email inviting me to interview. I'm from the UK with a finance background, submitted on R1 deadline day and had began to think that I'd missed out.

Good luck for those waiting to hear. Wouldn't read to much into "under review" timing etc, sure its just a case of them taking the time to review each app thoroughly.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2013, 09:05
Hi,

I got invited yesterday evening Europe time,

29 male from Spain, Product Manager at tech startup.

A weird thing is that a few hours before I got the invite my app was still in 'Stage 1'. I was really surprised when I got the mail. Has anyone else experience something similar?

Although I think my essays were good, I doubt my application is as strong as to trigger an immediate invite upon reading, specially since no one else has reported something like that.

Maybe they are reviewing faster as the decision date approaches...

Anyway, good luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 326 Q161 V165
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Other)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2013, 09:09
Bortras wrote:
Hi,

I got invited yesterday evening Europe time,

29 male from Spain, Product Manager at tech startup.

A weird thing is that a few hours before I got the invite my app was still in 'Stage 1'. I was really surprised when I got the mail. Has anyone else experience something similar?

Although I think my essays were good, I doubt my application is as strong as to trigger an immediate invite upon reading, specially since no one else has reported something like that.

Maybe they are reviewing faster as the decision date approaches...

Anyway, good luck to everyone.

That is weird. They probably just forgot to update in their system when you moved to Stage 2. How'd you find out that you got an invite - was it from checking their site, or did they e-mail you?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2013, 09:12
I got a mail,

actually like 10 days ago I got an error when trying to access my status in the online application for a few days. I don´t know if this was related...
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2013, 09:12