Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 00:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 11:39
ag101 wrote:
Does anyone from R2 still have the same application status as mine below? Will it change at all? I have not received any update or invite from Haas but I saw some people said their status changed to something else like "final decision will be released" but still have not got updates either.

Status Description
Your application is ready for review, but we may need additional materials before a final decision can be made. Please read the note below, which indicates what is missing from your application. Please feel free to call or e-mail us if you have any questions regarding these documents.

Additional Notes:
We will require an official transcript from University if you are invited to interview.

Mine says the same. Don't know what that means. My application has still not been reviewed?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT Date: 08-10-2013

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 12:23
Anyone know when Haas usually makes calls? Notification is a Wed..does that mean it might be the friday before? Thank you!
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 56

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 14:14
MBAaspirant4 wrote:
ag101 wrote:
Does anyone from R2 still have the same application status as mine below? Will it change at all? I have not received any update or invite from Haas but I saw some people said their status changed to something else like "final decision will be released" but still have not got updates either.

Status Description
Your application is ready for review, but we may need additional materials before a final decision can be made. Please read the note below, which indicates what is missing from your application. Please feel free to call or e-mail us if you have any questions regarding these documents.

Additional Notes:
We will require an official transcript from University if you are invited to interview.

Mine says the same. Don't know what that means. My application has still not been reviewed?

I had my University mail my transcript to Haas, and they confirmed receipt because now, my status just says:
Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision.

However, I still haven't been invited for an interview. :(
Current Student

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 14:15
Has anyone else been admitted? If so, congratulations!!!!

Good luck to us all!
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Analyst (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 11:00
Hi to everybody else from r2 in the waiting.
My app status has also changed from:

to:
Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision.

What does this mean???
Does this mean I was kinda of waitlisted and now they are reviewing my app or that my app wasnt on top of their list or what.
Current Student

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 13:04
jcdv8686 wrote:

to:

What does this mean???
Does this mean I was kinda of waitlisted and now they are reviewing my app or that my app wasnt on top of their list or what.

I think it means they received your transcript (or whatever it was that you were missing). They will invite you for an interview if they are accepted (according to the last Haas official email, interview invites can be sent out until March 25th for R2).
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 37

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2014, 09:50
coolguy314159 wrote:
jcdv8686 wrote:

to:

What does this mean???

I think it means they received your transcript (or whatever it was that you were missing). They will invite you for an interview if they are accepted (according to the last Haas official email, interview invites can be sent out until March 25th for R2).

But, as per the instructions, we will have to only submit our transcripts if we are invited to the interview... Am I interpreting the instruction incorrectly?
Current Student

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2014, 10:04
AdiRedDevil wrote:
coolguy314159 wrote:
jcdv8686 wrote:

to:

What does this mean???

But, as per the instructions, we will have to only submit our transcripts if we are invited to the interview... Am I interpreting the instruction incorrectly?

I remember reading somewhere on the application that if you're invited to an interview, you must ensure that Haas receives your official transcript within 2 (or 3) weeks. They recommended that you start the process of sending it sooner if you think it will take longer than 2-3 weeks. So I just sent mine in from my school right after I completed my application. They emailed me confirming receipt about 2 weeks after I ordered it.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 37

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2014, 12:25
coolguy314159 wrote:
coolguy314159 wrote:
jcdv8686 wrote:

to:

What does this mean???

I remember reading somewhere on the application that if you're invited to an interview, you must ensure that Haas receives your official transcript within 2 (or 3) weeks. They recommended that you start the process of sending it sooner if you think it will take longer than 2-3 weeks. So I just sent mine in from my school right after I completed my application. They emailed me confirming receipt about 2 weeks after I ordered it.

Thanks for sharing!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.89

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2014, 12:15
Haas refers to a notification "deadline," which seems to imply that they don't tell anyone anything (good or bad) before that date. Is that accurate, or has anyone heard of them telling R2 applicants of a final decision before then?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2014, 08:23
I'm calling time with Haas.... paying up to Ross ... don't think there is going to be much movement here ... Sad because I really liked Haas
Current Student

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2014, 08:29
sword87 wrote:
I'm calling time with Haas.... paying up to Ross ... don't think there is going to be much movement here ... Sad because I really liked Haas

Why's that?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q V

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2014, 09:10
no interview invite ... one week away from decision date...
VP
VP
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 448 [0], given: 454

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2014, 13:59
sword87 wrote:

One can still schedule an interview after getting waitlisted. But, obviously, it's a long and hopeful game. Regardless, congratulations on Ross!
Current Student

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2014, 15:16
jumsumtak wrote:
sword87 wrote:

One can still schedule an interview after getting waitlisted. But, obviously, it's a long and hopeful game. Regardless, congratulations on Ross!

Also, they said that they can interview anytime to the day before decision day, right?

On that note, has anyone else received interview invites over the past week?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2014, 19:34
jfca09 wrote:
Haas refers to a notification "deadline," which seems to imply that they don't tell anyone anything (good or bad) before that date. Is that accurate, or has anyone heard of them telling R2 applicants of a final decision before then?

From the previous replies, I can assume that they start calling four days before the deadline. (in round one)

And I got the interview invite from the school a week ago.

They obviously send invites "up to the notification deadline"!

Do not lose hope and fingers crossed everyone! :-D
Current Student

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2014, 08:45
tahkon wrote:
jfca09 wrote:

From the previous replies, I can assume that they start calling four days before the deadline. (in round one)

So they call before updating the online application status or emailing?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2014, 15:00
jfca09 wrote:
tahkon wrote:
jfca09 wrote:

So they call before updating the online application status or emailing?

Yes, that's what I've heard.
Current Student
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
GPA: 3.45

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 46

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 05:39
Any other support that they may be calling today? Or am i just way too anxious :|
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 15

Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 07:35
This post received
KUDOS
christinemmx86 wrote:
Any other support that they may be calling today? Or am i just way too anxious :|

R1 they started calling the Friday before D-Day. Yet, D-Day was a Tuesday for R1 I believe, so today would be one day earlier than in R1.
Re: Haas (Full Time MBA) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2014, 07:35