Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 18:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 1

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2014, 14:56
This post received
KUDOS
iphygrad wrote:
I know that its only March 3rd, but any updates as to where people stand with waitlist status? Any calls or change in status (will this happen when they re-open files?) on the admissions site? I understand its been the weekend but I figured I'd ask.

I actually did a class visit a few weeks ago and asked an adcom representative if waitlisted candidates should expect to hear something on the Round 2 decision date (3/26) about yes/no/keep waiting, and they were painfully vague. I got a "possibly, but we can't guarantee it" response... I do know a couple of people who got off the waitlist in late March during previous years, but of course they had 4 rounds then, so timelines were different. I am hoping we hear something around either the R1 deposit due date (3/11) or the R2 decision date (3/26), since those seem to be logical points in time. That said... who knows?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q V
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 08:44
Any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas '16 (WL)
GPA: 3.75
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2014, 09:50
Nope, not a peep on my end. I had mentioned this before, but I wonder if our status will change in the application portal if they open our file again for another review. That way we would at least know there is some activity regarding the waitlist on their end.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2014, 18:27
I really don't think status on the website mean anything, at least for what I saw during round 1.. Let's wait until R2 deadline, they should admit wait list together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2014, 09:50
I think you're right. Looking at last years thread it seems like there were a handful that were admitted at the same time as the round 2 admitted candidates. I guess we just have to hope our updates helped us out, keep our fingers crossed, and hope for the best.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2014, 09:57
Thinking about it, I guess the three biggest questions I have are: What is this years yield rate, how many are on the waitlist, and how does the Adcom view the quality of the second/third round applicant pool? Haas seems to be very quiet about the waitlist process, which leaves some room for angst.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 04:15
R1 calls started "today" (last friday before decision date), so... good luck to us
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 05:26
I just missed a call here... Does anyone knows what number calls for international numbers?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 15

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2014, 07:34
gafear wrote:
R1 calls started "today" (last friday before decision date), so... good luck to us

Indeed but I believe the R1 date was a Tuesday, so this would be one day earlier than in R1. Still, I hope you're right.. would love to start getting these results...

correction, main thread says R1 d-day was Wednesday as well and that Friday calls went to Internationals. Domestics started Monday
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2014, 06:06
Based on last Facebook update from Haas we shouldn't expect to hear anything this week..

ADMISSIONS VOICE: We're in the home stretch of reviewing Round 2 applications! We received a record number of applications in a single round, so we've been very busy reading as well as welcoming our Round 1 admits at Days at Haas just a couple of weeks ago.

For our Round 2 applicants, interview invitations are still going out, and many students may receive waitlist offers without being interviewed before the deadline. There are literally hundreds of files that still need to be reviewed right now. Please be patient with us as our team works through all of our applications.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2014, 07:01
gafear wrote:
Based on last Facebook update from Haas we shouldn't expect to hear anything this week..

ADMISSIONS VOICE: We're in the home stretch of reviewing Round 2 applications! We received a record number of applications in a single round, so we've been very busy reading as well as welcoming our Round 1 admits at Days at Haas just a couple of weeks ago.

For our Round 2 applicants, interview invitations are still going out, and many students may receive waitlist offers without being interviewed before the deadline. There are literally hundreds of files that still need to be reviewed right now. Please be patient with us as our team works through all of our applications.

Why would that translate into us not hearing anything this week? I would be surprised if Haas didn't honor the decision date for R2 applicants -- it would reflect very poorly on the school. Therefore, if R2 applicants will indeed here on Wednesday, why can't we expect to also hear something as soon as Wednesday?
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2014, 07:05
DCBallers wrote:
gafear wrote:

Why would that translate into us not hearing anything this week? I would be surprised if Haas didn't honor the decision date for R2 applicants -- it would reflect very poorly on the school. Therefore, if R2 applicants will indeed here on Wednesday, why can't we expect to also hear something as soon as Wednesday?

Exactly because they will need to honor R2 deadline, they have not set up a date for waitlist decisions, and if they have received much more than they would expect "We received a record number of applications in a single round", they would prioritize R2 decision
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2014, 07:13
gafear wrote:
DCBallers wrote:
gafear wrote:

Exactly because they will need to honor R2 deadline, they have not set up a date for waitlist decisions, and if they have received much more than they would expect "We received a record number of applications in a single round", they would prioritize R2 decision

Yeah makes sense... well at least we know when NOT to hear something. Last week I had hope to hear something early this week with R2 admits. I wonder how many of us there are. Did you attend the waitlist Q/A chat back in January? I did and I counted 50 attendees. I figure that most people who were serious about staying on the waitlist would have attended so is it possible there are <100 of us?
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2014, 07:46
Not sure how many are on the waitlist, but hopefully R1 waitlisters are given a priority. A chat with the adcom from back in 2009 (I think) said that they like to keep the waitlist between 100-200 people coming into last round decisions, and that about 10-30% of the waitlisters are offered admission (depending on year). Obviously this could have changed with Stephanie Fujii becoming the director of admissions, with the increase in applications to Haas, and with the potential change in yield, etc.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2014, 10:59
Btw, calls have just started for R2.. good luck
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 13

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2014, 15:44
Dear Haas,

I deeply want to go to your school and am certain I'll make both you and me very proud. Please admit me soon.

Many thanks,

cjliu49
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2014, 13:03
It is official, they finished with R2 candidates..
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2014, 13:22
gafear wrote:
It is official, they finished with R2 candidates..

Heard that new WL Q&A is Tuesday at 9am PST. Wonder if they'd answer about R1 WL timeline
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2014, 08:35
Anyone hear anything today? Their office is closed tomorrow and through the weekend, so it looks doubtful that they'll honor their promise of a "late March" update. So frustrating... they could at least communicate the new timeline for updates.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2014, 02:30
Hi everyone on the WL
I just wonder now what kind of strategy should be applied during the waiting time? Are you going just wait for next news from Haas or you are going to do something (asking for a personal feedback/ visiting campus/ new recommendations)?
One more question - what is your strategy to define red flags in your application?

Regards
Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students   [#permalink] 29 Mar 2014, 02:30