Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:05 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Haas(FullTime MBA) 2016Class-Calling all Waitlisted students [#permalink]
Anyone hear anything today? Their office is closed tomorrow and through the weekend, so it looks doubtful that they'll honor their promise of a "late March" update. So frustrating... they could at least communicate the new timeline for updates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi everyone on the WL
I just wonder now what kind of strategy should be applied during the waiting time? Are you going just wait for next news from Haas or you are going to do something (asking for a personal feedback/ visiting campus/ new recommendations)?
One more question - what is your strategy to define red flags in your application?

Regards
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Any news for folks on the waitlist yet?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Haas '16 (WL)
GPA: 3.75
WE:Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
contessa922 wrote:
Any news for folks on the waitlist yet?

Nope, all quiet over here. I'm not able to make the chat tomorrow, hopefully someone can post a recap if the transcript isn't up for a while?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the recap! Hopefully we will get an update soon, I'm ready for some decisions to be made.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
Send PM
They will start reviewing R2 WLs 5/1 and try to give a final decision by 7/31. My GMAT skills tell me that if they started reviewing R1 WLs 3/1, we might expect final decisions by 5/31.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cjliu49 wrote:
They will start reviewing R2 WLs 5/1 and try to give a final decision by 7/31. My GMAT skills tell me that if they started reviewing R1 WLs 3/1, we might expect final decisions by 5/31.

That would be nice but I don't believe for a bit that they started reviewing our supplemented apps on 3/1. Had they, someone would have received an update at the end of March as first promised. They had a record number of R2 apps and they had a hard deadline by which to finish them, so they probably put them off until after. At the chat last week they stated that they were "reviewing R1 WL apps in April" and could not say whether there would be any update by 4/15. I got the impression that they were just starting. :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mcfly85 wrote:
i spoke with someone from Admissions and they let me know that they've just started reviewing the waitlist in mid-april (not sure why they bothered with the recommended March 1 deadline when they seemingly had no intention of reviewing new material then).

they're waiting until all Rd 2 admits respond by end of April to see what the yield is, only then will they start sending out waitlist offers (early May at the soonest).

Wow, thanks for calling and finding that out. Honestly, I don't care how many applications they received -- their handling of the waitlist this year was extremely poor and reflects badly on the school. Why not issue any of that information publicly? Why not send email updates to waitlisted candidates? It's plain rude when you consider the effort that we put into our initial applications and supplemental waitlist materials. I am unable to wait any longer, so I withdrew my application this morning and am not looking back. Best of luck to all of you who tough it out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Finally some signs of life from the admissions committee! I got an email an hour ago asking me to confirm that I'd like to remain on the waitlist (bear in mind I applied R1). The email stated that they have not made any offers of admission from the waitlist yet, but that they have released "many" applicants from the waitlist (i.e. rejected), so apparently it is a good sign to still be in the running.

They asked to confirm interest in remaining on the waitlist by Monday 4/28. Sounds like they want to get a sense of R2 yield, and review R3 before making any decisions from the waitlist, so I'd guess early to mid-May would be best case for a final decision. The wait continues...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
DCBallers wrote:
mcfly85 wrote:
i spoke with someone from Admissions and they let me know that they've just started reviewing the waitlist in mid-april (not sure why they bothered with the recommended March 1 deadline when they seemingly had no intention of reviewing new material then).

they're waiting until all Rd 2 admits respond by end of April to see what the yield is, only then will they start sending out waitlist offers (early May at the soonest).

Wow, thanks for calling and finding that out. Honestly, I don't care how many applications they received -- their handling of the waitlist this year was extremely poor and reflects badly on the school. Why not issue any of that information publicly? Why not send email updates to waitlisted candidates? It's plain rude when you consider the effort that we put into our initial applications and supplemental waitlist materials. I am unable to wait any longer, so I withdrew my application this morning and am not looking back. Best of luck to all of you who tough it out.

Couldn't agree more. Despite sending in quite some material, I stopped caring long back and withdrew eventually. They handled it extremely poorly. I kept telling myself that the admissions process is not reflective of the overall school culture, but ran out of patience.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It appears as though they have started making decisions. Got dinged from the waitlist with an email yesterday. I trust that the spot I was competing for will be strongly utilized by another student who will round out their class. Best of luck to everyone still in it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
Send PM
Has anyone heard something recently? We are already in May and there are no updates. This waitlist process seems to last forever.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.14
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
No news here. I sent in some additional materials and they said it was added to my file, but didn't provide any other information.

Since the deposit date for Round 2 was April 29 and Round 3 has their decision date on May 15 and a deposit due by May 29, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until late May, early June.

Originally posted by JasonDelta on 03 May 2014, 14:15.
Last edited by JasonDelta on 14 May 2014, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JasonDelta wrote:
No news here. I sent in some additional materials and they said it was added to my file, but didn't provide any other information.

Since the deposit date for Round 2 was May 1 and Round 3 has their decision date on May 15 and a deposit due by May 29, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until late May, early June.

Same here, I sent another update and got a response that it was added to my file, but that's it. I'm hoping that there could possibly be a wave of decisions around 5/15 (there was one around then last year), and then probably the rest of the decisions around the first week of June.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Maybe we will hear something this upcoming week. It'd be nice to have some sort of answer.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
westside123 wrote:
Long-time lurker here. I got a call from Stephanie Fuji on Friday afternoon (while in Vegas!!) that I was in! She said they were still reaching out to admits from the waitlist and to expect an email with more details soon. Hadn't seen any admit calls here yet so just wanted to post that the waitlist has officially started moving. Couldn't have asked for a better start to a Vegas weekend 8-) 8-) 8-)

That's awesome! Congrats! Were you a Round 1 or Round 2 applicant?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
round 1. Also as an FYI I submitted a personal statement and visited campus once (for the first time) after I was initially waitlisted, but didn't submit any additional recs or materials. I was a little worried I should be sending more stuff or doing more to boost my profile but it apparently it wasn't necessary. And I know that was also the case for two waitlisters from a year ago. So for those who end up still on the waitlist over summer I wouldn't get too hung up on it--seems like they already know where they stand on the pool and are just waiting to see if spots open up. Good luck to all (but don't sweat it too much or the waiting can kill you!)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts