Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas MBA/MPH vs Tuck MBA/MPH

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Haas MBA/MPH vs Tuck MBA/MPH [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 01:53
My current target schools are Tuck, Haas, Fuqua, and Stern; My future career goals are related to Healthcare and Clean Tech fields. I'm pretty set on Fuqua but having trouble differentiating Tuck and Haas.

So clearly I really like the first three and hypothetically speaking, IF I were to get into Tuck or Haas, could you guys help me choose? I don't need to know the basics of each school (stuff thats advertised on website), what I'm looking for is deeper insight into the strengths and weakness of each School and program.

Thanks
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 320 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Haas MBA/MPH vs Tuck MBA/MPH [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 17:59
Expert's post
overmind1632 wrote:
My current target schools are Tuck, Haas, Fuqua, and Stern; My future career goals are related to Healthcare and Clean Tech fields. I'm pretty set on Fuqua but having trouble differentiating Tuck and Haas.

So clearly I really like the first three and hypothetically speaking, IF I were to get into Tuck or Haas, could you guys help me choose? I don't need to know the basics of each school (stuff thats advertised on website), what I'm looking for is deeper insight into the strengths and weakness of each School and program.

Thanks

Clean Tech and Healthcare are very different tracks. In my opinion, job opportunities for MBAs in clean tech has died down significantly, due to drop in investments in that sector.

Healthcare is vast field. It would be helpful to understand what sector you want to go into: provider, pharma, med devices, healthcare consulting, etc.

I didn't recruit for healthcare, but having gone to Fuqua, I got enough exposure to healthcare to be semi-knowledgeable. Neither Tuck nor Haas are known for healthcare. I would say that Tuck would be better if you are looking to go into Pharma, since lots of big Pharma are located in the NJ area, which is close to NH. I would has Haas would be better for medical devices, since there are a few big ones in the Bay Area, and there are med device start-up activities there.

Diversity

Re: Haas MBA/MPH vs Tuck MBA/MPH   [#permalink] 13 Nov 2013, 17:59