Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 16:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth
WE 1: Analyst: Big Four U.S.
WE 2: Senior Consultant: Big Four Taipei
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2010, 01:51
Who else has already gotten started? :-D

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2010, 09:57
wow... too early for me.... prob R2

thanks for headsup
Current Student

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2010, 05:19
pranrasvij wrote:
wow... too early for me.... prob R2

thanks for headsup

You're welcome! I'm in a bit of a unique position, as I need admissions decisions ASAP so I can tell my employer where I wish to move for school. I'm currently on a rotation overseas, and the company has promised to try and position me near one of the programs I get accepted to. Throw my husband (who will need to job search in our new city) into the mix and the sooner I can solidify plans for Fall 2011, the better!

Good luck to you in your app, Pranrasvij!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain

Manager
Manager
Schools: Haas-Columbia, Wharton, UCLA, Kellog, Booth
WE 1: 10 yrs in Healthcare IT
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 20

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 10:19
i am interested in Berkeley-Columbia programs. Please let me know number of years of your work experience.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 10

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2010, 20:15
This post received
KUDOS
willneverquit wrote:
i am interested in Berkeley-Columbia programs. Please let me know number of years of your work experience.

Hi willneverquit,

I don't have nearly enough experience to qualify for the joint EMBA program with Columbia and am just targeting the weeknight PT program at Haas. Upon (hopeful) matriculation I would have just over 5 years of full-time work experience. Graduated from undergrad in 2006.

Per your profile, you have 10 years experience, so it sounds like you're a great fit for the EMBA! Best of luck with your app!

Manager
Manager

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2010, 18:45
Sailorette, Thank you and good luck with your part-time at Haas.
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2010, 21:06
I attended the information session held in sanfrancisco this week. It was packed. I think there will be lots of people applying in R1. FYI. I could not get sponsorship letter from my employer for Berkeley-Columbia program, hence I will be applying for EWMBA.
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2010, 12:52
R1 deadline is 11/3. I completed TOEFL last Saturday and hoping that I can get everything done by 11/3. Did anyone apply?
Current Student

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2010, 17:43
My application is just waiting on my second reference to be complete! I've been anxiously checking to see if the status has changed :)

Manager
Manager

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2010, 00:13
I received both of my recommendations. Will review the application one final time before submitting tomorrow. Do keep me posted if you hear anything about interview.
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2010, 17:35
I submitted it now.
Current Student

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2010, 07:37
Congrats on the submit!

My second reviewer waited until just five hours before the deadline... I was getting worried. Status on mine is still just 'received'. I'll post an update as soon as it changes to 'Complete'.

Manager
Manager

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2010, 12:43
Hey great! mine is received as well for now. It looks like it is only you and me who have applied. Why is that there is not much discussion in this thread?
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2010, 12:35
I got my TOEFL scores. I am disappointed that I only managed to score 106. R-26;L-25;S-27;W-28.
80% range is 107 - 117. Is it going to hurt my chances?
Current Student

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2010, 22:59
willneverquit wrote:
I got my TOEFL scores. I am disappointed that I only managed to score 106. R-26;L-25;S-27;W-28.
80% range is 107 - 117. Is it going to hurt my chances?

Hmm... honestly, I know very little about how TOEFL is considered in the application process. What was your AWA score?

I feel like the adcomm will get a very good understanding of your writing abilities via the application, and your listening comprehension/spoken abilities during the interview, so I'm not sure it's a dealbreaker. Especially since you are right on the edge of that 80% range, and the rest of your profile is great!

Current Student

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2010, 19:12
Quick status update- got an email from adcommm last week that needed me to also mail in my undergrad transcripts... the official one I uploaded had some issue. I had that overnighted, and received confirmation that Haas received it. My status currently shows as 'application under review'.

Anyone else have any updates?

Manager
Manager

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 10:12
Great! Mine is incomplete. They have not received my TOEFL scores yet. My paper scores reached my home on Friday. Hopefully, it would have reached them today.

Good luck.
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 21:23
My status is now incomplete, reviewable.
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2010, 09:59
Sailorette, did you hear anything about your application? some applicants got interview invites.
Current Student

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up! [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2010, 15:48
willneverquit wrote:
Sailorette, did you hear anything about your application? some applicants got interview invites.

Yep, I also got an interview invite overnight (my time, it's the morning of 12/1 here, so it came during the day on 11/30 in the States). Unfortunately they only offer the option to interview locally by 12/14, and I don't think I can make it back to the U.S. by then. I sent an email to the AdComm member who issued the invitation requesting a phone interview or local alumnus option... hopefully they can be flexible with me!

I take it you did not get an invite yesterday? Any other EMBA folks get them, or was it just the part-timers?

Re: Haas PT Application for Fall 2011 is up!   [#permalink] 30 Nov 2010, 15:48