Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 05:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas PT or Anderson PT for me?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Haas PT or Anderson PT for me? [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2013, 10:45
I have the option to work out of the LA or the Silicon Valley office. As I work, I plan to get my PT MBA from one of these schools. Which one do you recommend given my situation?

I am a 28 year old male
I plan to concentrate in finance and entrepreneurship for my MBA degree. I am not a career switcher so PT works for me. I am going to continue in finance and/or entrepreneurship as my career. I would like to eventually work in East Asia or Southern California.

How much of a brand and recruiting advantage does Haas have over Anderson if I want to have a possible career in East Asia? My goal is to go to East Asia soon after I finish the PT MBA program and work there for a few years. Then I plan to come back to California (preferably Southern California). Would getting my MBA from Haas open more doors for me over Anderson throughout my career? I prefer living in SoCal over NorCal by a mile. However, I'm willing to make short-term sacrifices.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas PT or Anderson PT for me? [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2013, 08:45
Expert's post
Hi there,

The short answer is Haas. It's a higher ranked program over all and it has brand recognition that is difficult to match. Also, it's ranked the top part time MBA and that is a difficult thing to achieve. Anderson is a top 5 PT program too but if you're looking to do PT, go for pedigree.

Even in SoCal, a Haas MBA will carry the weight you're looking for throughout your career.

I know this post is short but that's because there isn't much else to say :)! They're both great options but Haas should be your primary objective.

Bhavik

Bhavik
Managing Partner

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let me know!

Re: Haas PT or Anderson PT for me?   [#permalink] 12 Aug 2013, 08:45