Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 08:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2012, 11:27
Good luck everyone applying to R1, the deadline is just over a week away! Looking forward to interviewing on campus and doing a class visit.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.76

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 21:58
Is anyone attending Berkeley's >play digital media conference this year?
Haas Thread Master
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE: Design (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 18:53
machichi wrote:
Am I missing something? We can't upload PDFs of our essays on Haas's site? Ugh, that makes me really nervous. When you go to submit, do you at least get to preview the whole application? This is the last application now (latest deadline). Although I noticed that Haas has a really different user interface, I wasn't prepared to have to insert my answers in plain text.

Also, how are people handling the supplemental questions? I can't tell if they want me to repeat stuff from my resume...

As a rule, I avoided repeating stuff from my resume. supplemental question is more about explaining weakness or something really cool in your profile. Like(it should be such as) you like to fix Thai music instruments.
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 46

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 11:18
Anyone using a specific format for the supplemental questions:
2. List in order of importance all community and professional organizations and extracurricular activities in which you have been involved during or after university studies. Indicate the nature of the activity or organization, size of the organization, dates of involvement, offices held, and average number of hours spent per month.

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 3.8
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 13

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 12:30
I read somewhere there was a section on things you have done to learn about the Haas program? I dont see that on that application.. Has that been removed?
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 3.8
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 13

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 12:32
Any tips on the following question.. Its optional.. Wonder how they would use this..
Berkeley Optional Essay:
3. (Optional). Please provide the occupation of, and highest degree obtained by, your parent(s) or guardian(s).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 10:43
Is there anybody else who's facing problems in uploading their transcripts/resume to Berkeley's online application? I'm uploading pdf version of my transcripts and resume but am getting the following errors repeatedly -

The form was not submitted because of the following error(s)

The resume file 'xxxx.pdf' is not a valid file type. Please upload a valid file type your resume.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 01:37
I had no problems uploading mine. In fact, Haas was the only one that accepted files larger than 1MB

jalaj79 wrote:
Is there anybody else who's facing problems in uploading their transcripts/resume to Berkeley's online application? I'm uploading pdf version of my transcripts and resume but am getting the following errors repeatedly -

The form was not submitted because of the following error(s)

The resume file 'xxxx.pdf' is not a valid file type. Please upload a valid file type your resume.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 01:38
AspiringCan wrote:
Any tips on the following question.. Its optional.. Wonder how they would use this..
Berkeley Optional Essay:
3. (Optional). Please provide the occupation of, and highest degree obtained by, your parent(s) or guardian(s).

I am curious about this myself. UCLA Anderson has a similar question in their application
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 23:09
Anybody remembers if the resume upload section had acceptable file formats listed ?

Last edited by Kaps07 on 25 Oct 2012, 07:07, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2012, 07:14
so what are peoples thoughts on using a hip hop song that contains explicit language? but still has inspirational lyrics about coming up from a lot of troubles in your life and becoming successful and not bowing down to what 'life' dictated you?

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Business Development (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2012, 07:29
shorttheworld wrote:
so what are peoples thoughts on using a hip hop song that contains explicit language? but still has inspirational lyrics about coming up from a lot of troubles in your life and becoming successful and not bowing down to what 'life' dictated you?

i doubt haas will lookup all the songs applicant's have posted, so I doubt they the explicit lyrics will be heard.

but i'd play it safe IMO
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 627

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2012, 18:08
shorttheworld wrote:

Maybe a dumb question, but why can't you simply refer to the radio edit?
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 55

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 12:10
High200s wrote:
AspiringCan wrote:
Berkeley Optional Essay:

I am curious about this myself. UCLA Anderson has a similar question in their application

Probably to see if genius runs in the family =]
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 18:02
Anyone know when Haas sends out interview invites for Round 1?
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 490 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2012, 04:26
Expert's post
shorttheworld wrote:

I don't think that's a problem, but still, that's no reason to go ahead and quote every expletive in the song just for the fun of it!!! You can gently even "Radio edit" the words yourselves...

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 05:47
I could'nt submit my haas app in R1. Very pissed about the Toefl requirements. I have to pay another 200 USD for taking a useless english test when i have spoken the language for 25 years??? What a waste of money!
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 03:28
Rivka333 wrote:
Moodyz wrote:
Anyone know when Haas sends out interview invites for Round 1?

The Haas School of Business Full-Time MBA Admissions Facebook page posted this on Monday, but unfortunately it's not too specific:

ADMISSIONS VOICE: Congrats to everyone who submitted a Round 1 application last week! You're probably wondering what happens next, so here are a few quick insights from the admissions office:

1. Your application is currently being processed and will be ready for review by the Admissions Committee in the next few days.
2. There is no need for you to contact Admissions at this point. If we are m...issing any materials we will reach out to you.
3. Rest assured that your entire application will be read by at least two people (yes - real, live, humans!) before a decision recommendation is made.
4. Invitations to interview will start to go out in a few weeks and will continue on a rolling basis into early January. You will be notified by email and through a status change if you are invited to interview. Typically about 25% of applicants are invited to interview.

Best of luck to you all. We look forward to reading your applications!

Hopefully soon! I just got dinged from HBS, so it would be nice to hear some good news... :|

Thanks for posting this.. looks like it'll be awhile before we hear back.
Haas Thread Master
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE: Design (Other)

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 13:33
All the people who applied in R1, would you like to share some insight for people applying to later rounds. Any caveats or any point you wish you would have tackled better?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2012, 15:25
Is applying in january round 3 a disadvantage compared to november? If so, I should start working on my haas essays immediately.
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 27 Oct 2012, 15:25