Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 19:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 00:53
I read this on the haas mba blog

When will Round 2 interview invitations start?
We are in the early stages of reviewing Round 2 applications. Interview invitations will start going out the first week of January, and will continue through the Round 2 decision deadline of March 1, 2012.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2015
GPA: 3.66

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 06:34
Interviewed last night off-campus with an alum. Went alright, not great.

Questions:
Walk me through your resume
Tell me about a time you directed strategy.
How will you fit into the Haas community?
Why MBA?
What will you bring to the community?
Any questions?

Overall, just eh. Thankfully I have Booth so I don't have to fret.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.76

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 11:51
brezinst wrote:
Interviewed last night off-campus with an alum. Went alright, not great.

Questions:
Walk me through your resume
Tell me about a time you directed strategy.
How will you fit into the Haas community?
Why MBA?
What will you bring to the community?
Any questions?

Overall, just eh. Thankfully I have Booth so I don't have to fret.

I feel like Haas' admissions tactics are beginning to annoy a lot of people....
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 22:51
are there any Canadians out there who have received an interview invitation?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2012, 04:27
Any Indian women applicants out there who got an interview invite from Haas?? or anybody who already interviewed with them??

I am a round 2 applicant, and my application is in "currently under review" status since Dec 20th. One of my recommenders took longer to finish my recommendation form due to which my application was "Incomplete" for some time.

I am from Engineering background with 8 years of WE, working at client locations in US since 2007. Wondering if anybody from similar background has got an interview invite.
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 55

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 02:32
Had my interview with an alum last week and it went so well it's making me reconsider my admit at Booth if I were to get into Haas. The agony is killing me.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 25

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 10:18
Congrats, I would definitely pick Haas over Booth, but that's just me.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q V0
GPA: 3.3
WE: Analyst (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 12:27
hi all, consortium round 1 applicant (which falls into haas's normal round 2), 740 / 3.3 / mixed 4 yrs of finance/nonprofit/retail experience, received the invite to super saturday last week. really, really looking forward to it & hope to see some of you there!

good luck to all
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 21:55
codytravers wrote:
Congrats, I would definitely pick Haas over Booth, but that's just me.

Tell me your reasons! :-D
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 22:21
Sure thing. Well I love California, and would much rather spend 2 years in the Bay Area than Chicago. I actually plan to move there once I'm done with ucla. 2nd, Haas just had an amazing vibe, whereas Chicago seemed to be pretty dorky. 3rd, Haas seemed to be much more entrepreneurial in nature. 4th, it is a lot, lot harder to get into Haas because of the small class size, so it's much easier for ad com to build a cohesive (and thus, closer) class.

Of course, I'm biased as although I'm practically dinged from Haas, it would have been my top choice out of all the schools I applied to. :-D
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 00:55
codytravers wrote:
Sure thing. Well I love California, and would much rather spend 2 years in the Bay Area than Chicago. I actually plan to move there once I'm done with ucla. 2nd, Haas just had an amazing vibe, whereas Chicago seemed to be pretty dorky. 3rd, Haas seemed to be much more entrepreneurial in nature. 4th, it is a lot, lot harder to get into Haas because of the small class size, so it's much easier for ad com to build a cohesive (and thus, closer) class.

Of course, I'm biased as although I'm practically dinged from Haas, it would have been my top choice out of all the schools I applied to. :-D

Interesting! I definitely agree with you on the CA vs Chicago thing. Been in CA my whole life and sometimes I just worry if I'll freeze to death in Chicago haha. I agree on a lot of your points BUT I feel like I have to defend the Booth students and alumni I met, they definitely did not feel nerdy at all. Actually very welcoming and friendly, as if the Midwestern friendliness rubbed off on them haha.
3 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 51 [3] , given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 01:13
This post received
KUDOS
codytravers wrote:

Last edited by Shawshank on 27 Dec 2012, 23:53, edited 1 time in total.
3 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 31 [3] , given: 25

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 10:09
This post received
KUDOS
We will have to agree to disagree. Booth may have a stronger applicant pool from the finance guys, but I doubt that's true across the board.

Chicago is alright, but nothing like a coastal city IMO. And the winters are awful.

I believe people, especially on GC, greatly exaggerate the differences between the top 15-20 schools. Agreed that H, S, and to a lesser extent W, are a cut above, but the rest are pretty interchangeable depending on the candidate's goals, living preference, and scholarship offers.

Then again, you are the guy who jerks it to brand name, so you would be the last person I'd take advice from! All due respect of course.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 12:18
codytravers wrote:
We will have to agree to disagree. Booth may have a stronger applicant pool from the finance guys, but I doubt that's true across the board.

Chicago is alright, but nothing like a coastal city IMO. And the winters are awful.

I believe people, especially on GC, greatly exaggerate the differences between the top 15-20 schools. Agreed that H, S, and to a lesser extent W, are a cut above, but the rest are pretty interchangeable depending on the candidate's goals, living preference, and scholarship offers.

Then again, you are the guy who jerks it to brand name, so you would be the last person I'd take advice from! All due respect of course.

Last edited by Shawshank on 27 Dec 2012, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 399 [1] , given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 12:45
This post received
KUDOS
Okay guys, calm down. No need to get into a junk measuring contest over schools. We all have preferences and not everyone's preferences aligns with Businessweek or US News rankings. Finance "rockstars" are not the sole measuring stick of what makes a great bschool. Nor are acceptance rates the end all and be all in selectivity. Please do not turn GC into the shitshow that is WSO.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 12:57
Sure if I was going for MC or finance, I would go with booth over those schools. If I like healthcare, I go fuqua. If I like hospitality management, I go Cornell.

B schools admissions is such a crapshoot. I've seen people get into hbs, but dinged from sloan. In at booth, rejected from stern. Granted these were not mc or finance people. I'm in finance, but don't want to go back. I have no interest in Mc. If i did, Anderson would not have been the best choice. You have to remember there are more options than mc or finance. Unfortunately many don't. I fully understand applicant pools, yield, and their effect on acceptance rates. It's not a very nice thing to say, but in my anecdotal experience, a lot of people attended booth/kellogg over others that may have been a better choice in hindsight because of their "M7" status. I know this is not the case for everyone who attends, so don't misinterpret what I'm saying.

Refer to rhymes reflection post for more information regarding b school prestige and career advancement.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 14:56
codytravers wrote:
Sure if I was going for MC or finance, I would go with booth over those schools. If I like healthcare, I go fuqua. If I like hospitality management, I go Cornell.

B schools admissions is such a crapshoot. I've seen people get into hbs, but dinged from sloan. In at booth, rejected from stern. Granted these were not mc or finance people. I'm in finance, but don't want to go back. I have no interest in Mc. If i did, Anderson would not have been the best choice. You have to remember there are more options than mc or finance. Unfortunately many don't. I fully understand applicant pools, yield, and their effect on acceptance rates. It's not a very nice thing to say, but in my anecdotal experience, a lot of people attended booth/kellogg over others that may have been a better choice in hindsight because of their "M7" status. I know this is not the case for everyone who attends, so don't misinterpret what I'm saying.

Refer to rhymes reflection post for more information regarding b school prestige and career advancement.

Fair enough. I agree with cheetah though that we don't want this thread to distract from the overall discussion of Haas. I just disagreed strongly with some of your assessment, but we just have to agree that there's multiple ways of looking at this.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 15:25
Any november round applicants hear about interviews?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 15:28
received invitation to interview yesterday. november applicant.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.76

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 16:53
CAapplicant2015 wrote:
received invitation to interview yesterday. november applicant.

I thought Berkeley wasn't sending out invites through the "holiday closure" but I guess they are... :(
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 27 Dec 2012, 16:53