Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 19:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 628

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 05:25
I don't think selecting the essay review was wise as you will not be able to act upon the feedback provided. It will more than likely just make you insecure to know there are things you could have done or worded better.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 05:58
I received a confirmation for Super Saturday attendance this past weekend.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 08:59
kingfalcon wrote:
I don't think selecting the essay review was wise as you will not be able to act upon the feedback provided. It will more than likely just make you insecure to know there are things you could have done or worded better.

:( Its done now.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
Schools: Darden '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q V
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 28

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 09:48
I applied for the November round and haven't heard anything back yet at all. I do live on the East Coast so I likely wouldn't be invited to on-campus events. Has anyone who applied in the November round gotten invited to an interview yet? If so, are you in the Bay area?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 10:37
nk17 wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:

:( Its done now.

I think it could be very wise, depending on whether you apply to any more schools this year or possibly next. Insight like that from an actual adcom, and director no less, is about as valuable as you can find. I would pay a hefty fee for a top school director to tell me exactly what they thought of my essays! Consider yourself lucky and use it for all its worth.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 628

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 11:10
suecone8 wrote:
I applied for the November round and haven't heard anything back yet at all. I do live on the East Coast so I likely wouldn't be invited to on-campus events. Has anyone who applied in the November round gotten invited to an interview yet? If so, are you in the Bay area?

I was invited to Super Saturday even though I'm based on the East Coast (MA).
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
WE: Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 11:56
kingfalcon wrote:
suecone8 wrote:

I was invited to Super Saturday even though I'm based on the East Coast (MA).

Super Saturday is primarily for non-bay area applicants, according to a few old admissions blog posts. Does anyone know if all Super Saturday invites have gone out or do they continue to give those out over the course of the next few weeks? I'm still waiting/hoping myself for an interview invite (R2 applicant).
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 11:57
I obviously can't be sure of this, but I am very confident R2 invites are still going out. Don't panic just yet.

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Haas '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 14:23
I’m an R2 applicant in the D.C. area and just received an interview invite. The email didn’t mention Super Saturday but gave me the option to interview in my area or on campus (I had planned on doing a local alumni interview since a cross-country trip would be challenging).

Last edited by mrbucket on 07 Jan 2013, 19:15, edited 2 times in total.
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V0
GMAT 2: Q0 V0
GMAT 3: 710 Q0 V0
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 18:05
Hi all,

I appreciate this busy forum. Very helpful.

A couple notes below:

1- it looks like it takes about 2.5 weeks from the date they send you the "your application is ready for review" e-mail, for the ad committee to review your file and send out an invite (or not). So, plenty of hope for a lot of us R2 applicants. (Disclaimer: this estimate is only based on 1 data point...)

2- Haas first Trivia contest through their Facebook page was a great success. Their latest video contest ... not so much. It looks like they got only a few submissions. ( like me, most applicants might be camera shy!) ;)

3- question: can somebody help me and share some detailed information about what this "super saturday" is.

thanks all!
Keep the hopes up!
Current Student
Schools: Haas '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 19:09
cyril94115 wrote:
Hi all,

A couple notes below:

1- it looks like it takes about 2.5 weeks from the date they send you the "your application is ready for review" e-mail, for the ad committee to review your file and send out an invite (or not). So, plenty of hope for a lot of us R2 applicants. (Disclaimer: this estimate is only based on 1 data point...)

thanks all!
Keep the hopes up!

For me it was actually over a month: I received the "Your file is ready for review" email on December 3rd and got an interview invite on January 7th. I have no idea what that means, except that the process is probably more random than we think and there is hope for everyone.
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V0
GMAT 2: Q0 V0
GMAT 3: 710 Q0 V0
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 19:22
mrbucket wrote:
cyril94115 wrote:
Hi all,

A couple notes below:

thanks all!
Keep the hopes up!

For me it was actually over a month: I received the "Your file is ready for review" email on December 3rd and got an interview invite on January 7th. I have no idea what that means, except that the process is probably more random than we think and there is hope for everyone.

Thanks for the info! This is great news for most of us... (or just a longer torture...) either way; I'll wait ! ;)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 04:29
So, what I'm gathering from this is, as a first round applicant who has not been invited to interview as of today (Jan 8), I should pretty much move on, brace myself for the denial, begin drinking heavily?
Haas Thread Master
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE: Design (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 07:34
All the best to all the people waiting for their decision for R1.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.53
WE: General Management (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 12:12
Has anyone else gotten calls yet? This forum has been surprisingly quiet today- based on past years was expecting more activity.

Fingers crossed for all R1 applicants! :-D
Haas Thread Master
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE: Design (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 13:26
londoncalling1 wrote:
Just got the call! So excited, and they are really great about outlining why you appealed to them as a candidate which is a nice touch.

What an amazing way to end the day :). Good luck to all other R1 applicants out there!

Congratulation londoncalling1. Seems like you are on winning streak. Not a bad problem to have. :-D
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 13:31
londoncalling1 wrote:
Just got the call! So excited, and they are really great about outlining why you appealed to them as a candidate which is a nice touch.

What an amazing way to end the day :). Good luck to all other R1 applicants out there!

Are you in london or US? Your name and location are sending me mixed signals, but congrats nonetheless.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q44 V49
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 7

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 13:32
thebdouglas wrote:
londoncalling1 wrote:

Are you in london or US? Your name and location are sending me mixed signals, but congrats nonetheless.

London - I didn't even notice that, I must have forgotten to change some default forum setting. Anyway, yes, I would assume they are still doing international calls.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 13:44
londoncalling1 wrote:

any interview advice you can offer?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q44 V49
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 7

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 13:54
CAapplicant2015 wrote:
londoncalling1 wrote:

any interview advice you can offer?

I would suggest you be very clear as to why you want to go to Berkeley, and read up on their mission statement and the things that they say are important in their culture and community. I had an alumni interview and they clearly had some questions that had been provided by the admissions team to determine how well the applicant had researched the school and program.
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 08 Jan 2013, 13:54