Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 10:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 13:47
Haas' facebook page states that all round 1 applicants will have a definitive response by EOD today.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 13:48
Congrats to those still getting calls! It looks like Haas is running a little late this year. In the past they did all the calls the day before d-day and then released decisions online in the morning. There is still hope for those who haven't heard yet. :-D
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 3.8
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 13

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 14:10
This post received
KUDOS
Congratulations!! Is there anywhere you did NOT get an admit from? Rockstar! :)

eltoro wrote:
Just got the call from Stephanie! And fyi, my application status is still under review.
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 14:35
ding...
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 14:44
alis wrote:
ding...

Waitlist for me....third one now, pretty Lame! I knew I could handle one waitlist well, especially being the GSB, but I have been piling them on, Sloan and now Haas. I feel pretty burnt out and dejected, so much so that I really don't even want to do much with the WL crap.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 14:48
This post received
KUDOS
AspiringCan wrote:

eltoro wrote:
Just got the call from Stephanie! And fyi, my application status is still under review.

Couldn't agree more! Congrats eltoro, I'm envious of the decisions you're going to have to make about which school to attend!

Waitlist for me... Moving on to giving more info to the AdCom!
Haas Thread Master
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE: Design (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 14:49
thebdouglas wrote:
alis wrote:
ding...

Waitlist for me....third one now, pretty Lame! I knew I could handle one waitlist well, especially being the GSB, but I have been piling them on, Sloan and now Haas. I feel pretty burnt out and dejected, so much so that I really don't even want to do much with the WL crap.

I know it sucks but on the brightside you were not rejected by any of those great schools like I was. You just need that final push. Come on.
Current Student
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 25

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 15:04
Thebdouglas, take the Anderson $$$ and run!!
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 15:06
Waitlisted w/o interview.

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology

Kudos [?]: 20 [2] , given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 15:09
This post received
KUDOS
Got the call around 1:20 PST. What a relief .... man Haas likes to toy with you.

Last edited by stayfrosty6 on 10 Jan 2013, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 15:13
this feels really really awful :(
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 15:19
thebdouglas wrote:
alis wrote:
ding...

Good luck man. With a 770 GMAT and 3.8 I would be shocked if you didn't ultimately get in to one of those three. I applied to Stanford and didn't even get the WL, so that's a pretty incredible accomplishment in and of itself. Obviously these schools all see something they like in you.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 15:32
Ding for me with interview. Pretty disappointed but i guess it happens. I will take advantage of the opportunity to talk with adcoms this June and see where I can improve my chances for re-application.
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 15:36
buzzworthy wrote:
Ding for me with interview. Pretty disappointed but i guess it happens. I will take advantage of the opportunity to talk with adcoms this June and see where I can improve my chances for re-application.

They allow you to contact them in the summertime for feedback? I tried finding anything about applicant feedback on the website, but it redirected me to the 'reapplicants' section, which wasn't helpful.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 13

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 15:42
Waitlisted for me too, after interview..
What kind of info should we be working on for the AdCom?

dwhchin wrote:
AspiringCan wrote:

eltoro wrote:

Couldn't agree more! Congrats eltoro, I'm envious of the decisions you're going to have to make about which school to attend!

Waitlist for me... Moving on to giving more info to the AdCom!
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 15:43
alis wrote:
buzzworthy wrote:

They allow you to contact them in the summertime for feedback? I tried finding anything about applicant feedback on the website, but it redirected me to the 'reapplicants' section, which wasn't helpful.

Haas is one of the few schools that offers applicants feedback. I think they don't offer it until after round 4 is over though.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 16:00
[quote="AspiringCan"]Waitlisted for me too, after interview..

I think the following can help -
1) Addtional recommendation letter that shows a different side of you / addresses any obvious weakness
2) Additional community activities and leadership experiences since submission
3) Professional updates such as promotions, performance evaluations, projects completed and/or other accomplishments since submission.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 16:18
Without really knowing for sure on how things will play out and what exactly would help enhance candidacy, I would tend to agree with stayfrosty.

Personally, I'm thinking additional letter of recommendation and perhaps a personal statement. What about you?

Us waitlisters got to stick together! Haha

AspiringCan wrote:
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 17:18
Thank you Stayfrosty6 and @dwchin for your response. Looks like we have lots to do..
@dwchin - I agree we should stick together, help each other out :) I read the past transcripts for Haas Waitlist chats a noted a few interesting things:
1) R1 Waitlist candidates will be notified before R2 waitlist about a final decision.
2) They will review all the waitlist candidates together again in Mid/end March. So we have until then to beef up our candidacy. A decision will be provided that will be admitted/denied/waitlisted further.
3) If you decide to provide an additional personal statement then they recommended it should not be more than 1 page.

Like you said, it is hard to provide additional information without really knowing what they view as a shortcoming on your profile. My plan is thus to reinforce all aspects:
1) Have one of my original recommenders talk in detail about my quant ability.
2) Have a second new recommender talk about overall leadership potential and a more personal side of me.
3) Take a trip to Haas. I have only attended chats/spoken to students so far
4) Write a personal statement saying how my visit further reinforced my interest in Haas talk about new community work I have done since, I have changed my job so how that has brought me closer to my long term goal.

Does that sound a little overbearing?

dwhchin wrote:
Without really knowing for sure on how things will play out and what exactly would help enhance candidacy, I would tend to agree with stayfrosty.

Personally, I'm thinking additional letter of recommendation and perhaps a personal statement. What about you?

Us waitlisters got to stick together! Haha

AspiringCan wrote:
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 17:25
This is a little dated, but the Haas Director of Admissions talks about being waitlisted..
http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/MBA/enews/ ... tory1.html
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 10 Jan 2013, 17:25