Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:26 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
eltoro wrote:
Just got the call from Stephanie! And fyi, my application status is still under review.

Wow. You must have a heck of a resume and essays to get into all those great schools with a sub-3.0 gpa. What do you think set you apart?

Congrats.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE:Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
MBAtLast wrote:
Hi! New to this forum. I'm a R2 applicant who is invited to Super Saturday- saw my status updated for the interview invite in late december, got an email this week asking for my official transcript (then confirming they got it). however, I haven't gotten any details about the agenda for Super Saturday itself, and I'd really like to start making travel plans! Has anybody gotten details, or know when we should?

You should have gotten an email too with the invite and email address to RSVP to, as well as the schedule. Maybe check your spam? The day's events go from 11:30am-5pm.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GPA: 2.9
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Shawshank wrote:
eltoro wrote:
Just got the call from Stephanie! And fyi, my application status is still under review.

Wow. You must have a heck of a resume and essays to get into all those great schools with a sub-3.0 gpa. What do you think set you apart?

Congrats.

Thanks Shawshank. My GPA is a little tricky. My undergrad grades out of a 5.0 scale. The 2.9 is based on their conversion recommendation, but I'm not sure if schools follow that. Other than that, I have good work experience in manufacturing with increasing responsibility, lots of extra-curriculars, and a masters in engineering.
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
eltoro wrote:
Thanks Shawshank. My GPA is a little tricky. My undergrad grades out of a 5.0 scale. The 2.9 is based on their conversion recommendation, but I'm not sure if schools follow that. Other than that, I have good work experience in manufacturing with increasing responsibility, lots of extra-curriculars, and a masters in engineering.

Eltoro,

Thanks for sharing the info. I am in a similar situation but in Aerodynamic design. I hope I have done a decent job explaining my situation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
California33 wrote:
MBAtLast wrote:
Hi! New to this forum. I'm a R2 applicant who is invited to Super Saturday- saw my status updated for the interview invite in late december, got an email this week asking for my official transcript (then confirming they got it). however, I haven't gotten any details about the agenda for Super Saturday itself, and I'd really like to start making travel plans! Has anybody gotten details, or know when we should?

You should have gotten an email too with the invite and email address to RSVP to, as well as the schedule. Maybe check your spam? The day's events go from 11:30am-5pm.

Thanks! I've been checking my spam folder regularly and never saw that. I guess it's time to check in with admissions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cyril94115 wrote:
Can somebody explain what is super Saturday? Is this where they will interview most R2 applicants?

From what I understand it's an interview day for people outside of the Bay area. Beyond that (as in, who gets invited, who doesn't), I don't know the particulars. Specifically, I don't know why some people get invited to that while others interview with alumni in their home town.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
cyril94115 wrote:
Can somebody explain what is super Saturday? Is this where they will interview most R2 applicants?

I'm pretty clueless about it, but here's an excerpt from a Haas adcom from two years ago that might help:

Quote:
MYTH #1: Super Saturday interviews hold more weight than other interviews
FALSE - Candidates invited to Super Saturday are round 2 applicants who typically reside in the US, but outside the Bay Area. This gives them an opportunity to travel to campus for an interview during a weekend. Though we wish we could extend this opportunity to all of our candidates invited to interview, rest assured that a Super Saturday interview holds equal weight to an interview conducted with an alumnus in your local area or with a student on campus.
Source: https://www.mbaprepadvantage.com/blog/haas-dispels-myths-about-mba-interview-invitations/

So if there are limited spots for Super Saturday, how do they decide which U.S.-based candidates are invited?

Who knows. On one hand, it could make sense to use a priority system in terms of applicant quality and match: you want to sell to the strongest candidates and the best way to do that is through a campus visit. As a U.S.-based candidate who did not get a Super Saturday invite, it could mean that I'm in a 2nd-tier of interview candidates.

On the other hand, it makes just as much sense to look at it logistically: if a metro area has a well-represented alumni population, you'd want to prioritize SS invites to other applicants who might have a harder time finding an alumni match in their area. I'm from D.C., where there is a decent pool of Haas alumni doing social and non-profit work, and have had an easy time connecting for my interview.

It's interesting to contemplate, but I've learned that there is so much out of our control in this process that it's not worth worrying about.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: Ross '15 (A$)
Send PM
have any R2 who got their "your application is ready for review" email after 12/12 been invited for an interview?

i'm from California, grew up in the Bay Area and live near LA so I know I wouldn't be invited to Super Saturday but I was hoping to hear something by now...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2015
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
WL'd, but going to deny, headed to Booth, have fun guys and gals!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Given Kudos: 239
GC Meter: A.W.E.S.O.M.E
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Congrats to all R1 applicant call-getters! Those who are in waitlist/waiting for a interview Invite R2... all the very best. Hope is something you can hold on to pretty tightly :).

R1 applicants - would be really glad if you can post your profile, country and interview questions along with what you loved about the interviewer(culture or something). Might be of a great help to us all.

Happy new year to all of you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.28
WE:Sales (Telecommunications)
Send PM
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
In for R1 :-)
Engineering background, about 7 years of WE, GMAT 710. Good luck to us all!

Hi, congratulations! I'm still in the early phase of preparing. Maybe cannot catch up this year's R3. So I might join the R1 later this year:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
asax wrote:
Congrats to all R1 applicant call-getters! Those who are in waitlist/waiting for a interview Invite R2... all the very best. Hope is something you can hold on to pretty tightly :).

R1 applicants - would be really glad if you can post your profile, country and interview questions along with what you loved about the interviewer(culture or something). Might be of a great help to us all.

Happy new year to all of you!

I'm a US applicant working in the financial services industry. GMAT was 750+ with a 3.5+ gpa from a top US public school.

The interview questions were posted earlier in this thread by someone else. They are quite generic in my opinion (why a MBA? Why Haas?) and I believe that the interview is more a fit test than anything. My interviewer was from Europe and was very laid back. He had participated in a startup competition at Haas so it was interesting to talk to him about that since I have entrepreneurial interests. We had a very good dialogue and I came away feeling that we had connected well. Note that they end the interview at 45 minutes sharp on campus.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Everybody,

This is my first post on gmatclub!

I am a R2 international applicant. I know that interview invites for R2 have started coming in, any international applicant who got an invite yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

Can anyone offer any insight on the evaluation process for Super Saturday? Are the various panel sessions and group activities really just for the applicants' benefit or are you evaluated throughout the day based on your engagement, questions you ask, etc?

Thanks.
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GPA: 3.3
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
mth1214 wrote:
Hi All,

Can anyone offer any insight on the evaluation process for Super Saturday? Are the various panel sessions and group activities really just for the applicants' benefit or are you evaluated throughout the day based on your engagement, questions you ask, etc?

Thanks.

From what I understand it is very much like a campus visit with some added activities but the only evaluation you will go though would be the interview. Of course unless you do something really outrageous, and ad-com will take a note of it. So prepare well for the interview and enjor rest of your day. It is a beautiful campus and awesome people.

You might have already seen it but here is a good blog post to give you an idea about the Super Saturday.
https://berkeleymbastudents.wordpress.co ... the-table/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Has any R2 applicant who received the confirmation email around Dec 20th have been invited to interview? Please let us know!! Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Peruvian2013 wrote:
Has any R2 applicant who received the confirmation email around Dec 20th have been invited to interview? Please let us know!! Thanks.

I would also be interested in knowing that... The waiting time is starting to feel long...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts