Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 20:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 15

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2013, 22:16
Has anyone done a Skpe interview with the extended arms of the admissions committee.
Any experiences you guys would like to share ?
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.67

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 12:25
FuzzyBuzzard wrote:
Haas confuses me.

On the 8/14/12 online chat, it reads:
Quote:
The interview process starts a few weeks after the round deadline, but will continue right up to the decision release deadline given the volume of applications and our holistic approach to evaluating every application.

So the interviews are conducted up until the decision deadline.

However, 4 months later, on the 12/13/12 online chat, it reads regarding the interview process (R1 in this case):
Quote:
As Stephanie mentioned in her email update this week we will continue to send out Round 1 interview invites up until the notification deadline in January.

So invites are sent up until the notification deadline, as opposed to what stated earlier.

Do you understand this differently and care to clear things out for me?

Honestly, I think they mean the same thing, but are just worded differently. I always personally understood that to mean that they could invite you to interview up to the deadline date. So if the notification date is on 2/21, you could theoretically get an interview invite on 2/20. I don't know how they will do that- notify, interview, make a final decision, give an admissions offer- in 24 hours, but I guess that is their MO. Perhaps if they have X number of offers to extend, and by the end of the round they still have a few spaces left and you're on the cusp, they then decide to interview you.

I guess all in all, if you're someone who hasn't heard yet, don't lose hope until they release decisions. I know- easier said than done.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GMAT 2: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 20:14
At this point, with only a little more than a week left, I'm just hoping to get waitlisted.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross '15 (A)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 20:50
had my interview this past weekend - went well!

does anyone know how they notify decisions? does our status change or is it a phone call? i'll be out of the country on business at that time...
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 22:06
This post received
KUDOS
Just got an interview invite (R2 applicant), maybe it is not the time to stop hoping yet..
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 22:17
nickey11 wrote:
Just got an interview invite (R2 applicant), maybe it is not the time to stop hoping yet..

Woohoo! Awesome! Congratulations... And thanks for reviving hopes.. :)
Kellogg Thread Master
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 63

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 00:04
Guys anybody heard anything about the R3 invites?

All that matters, comes after the word 'but'.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 05:32
nickey11 wrote:

nickey can you tell us where are you from??? and what date will your interview be? thanks!!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GMAT 2: Q V

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 06:39
nickey11 wrote:

Congratulations! Good luck on your interview!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 09:19
Peruvian2013 wrote:
nickey11 wrote:

nickey can you tell us where are you from??? and what date will your interview be? thanks!!

SE Asia. Interview is early next week.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 09:20
sesamemochi wrote:
nickey11 wrote:

Congratulations! Good luck on your interview!

Thank you, Sesame!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 11:11
nickey11 wrote:
Peruvian2013 wrote:
nickey11 wrote:

SE Asia. Interview is early next week.

Thank you nickey!! And GOOD LUCK in your interview :) :)
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 38

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 12:44
Could people who interviewed please share their experience regarding the official documents submission?

I have mailed mine almost 2 weeks ago (I'm from Europe) but the online application's status report still says that I should mail them. Unfortunately my country's postal service told me their tracking service screwed up so I have no idea whether it has been delivered or not. I'm a bit anxious as if it has been lost, I must send another one (this time by Fedex or UPS) before the end of the week for it to make it to the school before decision date.

In your experience, how much time did it take for Haas to process your documents and notify you about their reception? Also, were you sent an e-mail or did only the "send your docs" notification disappear from the online application's status?

Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Haas Thread Master
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE: Design (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 12:54
I am loosing hope here in US. Hopefully they still have some R2 invites left for US applicants. I am not being greedy. I just need one. :)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 13

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 13:06
This post received
KUDOS
GPT55 wrote:
Could people who interviewed please share their experience regarding the official documents submission?

I have mailed mine almost 2 weeks ago (I'm from Europe) but the online application's status report still says that I should mail them. Unfortunately my country's postal service told me their tracking service screwed up so I have no idea whether it has been delivered or not. I'm a bit anxious as if it has been lost, I must send another one (this time by Fedex or UPS) before the end of the week for it to make it to the school before decision date.

In your experience, how much time did it take for Haas to process your documents and notify you about their reception? Also, were you sent an e-mail or did only the "send your docs" notification disappear from the online application's status?

Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I sent mine back in December and received confirmation from Haas exactly two weeks after I requested to have them sent. They should notify you once they have been received.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 9

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 16:46
I am R3 applicant and I have just received an email stating that my application is ready for review.
How long after this confirmation have you guys received an actual interview invite?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 17:50
How does Haas send invites? Is it on a rolling basis? I am a R3 applicant. Has any R3 applicant been invited for the interview?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE: Information Technology (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 23

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 18:17
AlanSmithee wrote:
I am R3 applicant and I have just received an email stating that my application is ready for review.
How long after this confirmation have you guys received an actual interview invite?

Wait until the status description reads something like " ...is currently reviewed by admissions committee".
Once it reaches above mentioned stage, you can expect invites. There is no time limit on how long it stays in the same stage. It varies for different applicants.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
WE: Information Technology (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 23

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 18:18
TrojanWarrior wrote:
How does Haas send invites? Is it on a rolling basis? I am a R3 applicant. Has any R3 applicant been invited for the interview?

Rolling basis. I have never seen huge waves with multiple people
getting invites on the same day from Haas.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 38

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 01:37
A quick update, I had my interview with an alumn in his office in my city.

Conversation was very casual and relaxed and we even strayed off-topic a couple of times to discuss various topics that came up. Overall, the interview lasted well over an hour (for which he apologized at the end, not that I was concerned :)), with the interviewer also spending some time talking about his experience at Haas even without questions.

Some questions that came up:
- Walk me through your resume
- Why MBA? Why now? Why Haas?
- Tell me about a leadership experience / what kind of a leader are you?
- Tell me about a time when you had an idea but it was rebuffed by the team/superiors.
- Tell me a couple of traits/words you would describe yourself by. + examples
- Would peers describe you with the same words?
- Where would you go on an internship? (He suggested some additional options as well.)
+ Questions

Overall it was a very pleasant experience, time really flew by. Good luck everyone!
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2013, 01:37