Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Haas School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Design (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Ross '15 (A$)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
cyril94115 wrote:
an e-mail from Berkeley MBA: Stephanie ... Round 2 update! Oh wait no! This is not the mail I was hoping for... torture... that is what it is ;)

I feel they are falling behind and feel the need to communicate about it. Update all of us and tell us to take a deep breath. So, fair enough, I will breather! And keep hoping since there are more invites coming out soon!

I was staring at my inbox when that came in and I almost threw up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Just received a interview invite! Here are my details below...

R2 Bay Area Applicant:
11/29/12: Application submitted
12/17/12: Received confirmation email (Delayed due to undergrad transcript uploaded during initial app -- Admissions requested an update)
01/23/13: Invited for an interview

Also, those of you who are worried about the status description: "You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision." I wouldn't worry since I have had this in my status since mid-December.

As Stephanie said in her email today, invites are definitely still going out...Good luck to all!
Haas School Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
My application status just changed. This is what I see now.

Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision.

Not sure if that means there won't be an interview. Will see..I welcome any change in the status. It was stuck on ready for review or whatever for way too long. :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Kudos
Entropia wrote:
Any thoughts on what is the order for sending out interview invites? -- by strength of application/ by region or country?

I am a candidate from India, and yet waiting for an interview notification. Wondering if any one from India has got an invite.

Definitely all strength of app....they post it all over the faq page.

As some would say: Come on man!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
SauravD wrote:
@Msgorgeous - could you please provide more details like the date when you applied and when your application went into "under review" status?

Submitted on nov.24, around two weeks later, it's under review. For others who submit later than me, you should not worry, there's still time left. Believe in urselves
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE:Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos
Best of luck to my fellow Super Saturday candidates today! I hope you're all as excited as I am!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
Invited to interview !
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Msgorgeous wrote:
Thanks for your suggestion, and I did so. But admission officers stick on those original copies...Well I have to face the realty of missing the R2 deadline, it's my own fault. And hope everyone of you learn from this bloody lesson and prepare your documents asap in case you receive interview invites.

I'd actually advise everyone to get those documents sorted out bona fide BEFORE you receive an invitation, especially if you have an undergrad institution that does not give out additional copies of your transcript and degree certificate. I'm a R2 applicant and I had to get my photocopies certified by three different institutions and the whole process took more than a month. Luckily I started before Christmas so I just had them ready when I received my interview invite a couple of weeks ago.
(Obviously if you do not receive an invitation then it's a waste of money and effort but at the same time it's a huge advantage not having to worry about it when you receive an invite and should be preparing for the interview itself.)
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
MALD2011 wrote:
I have the following message on my status page and I am not invited to interview yet. Still I want to make sure that I will have all the documents ready if I do get an interview invitation (Fingers crossed).

“We will require an official transcript from University of Grad in US and official transcript and degree certificate from University of UG in India if you are invited to interview. * Official or properly certified copies will be accepted when attested by the University which you attended.”

I am clear about the transcripts and I have certified copies in envelopes with my University or college seal on it.
I am little worried about the degree certificate though because I have a copier copy of that and it is certified by a district magistrate in India, and I am not sure if that works or not. I may not have enough time to get a certified copy from my university though. I also have the original certificate which I would be little hesitant to hand it to someone. If it helps, all my transcripts and certificates are in English.

My question:
Should I try to get a certified copy or notarized copy here in US from a Circuit Court clerk? Or should I bring my original certificate and the copy certified by the magistrate?

Try and get an "apostille" for it. Since both the USA and India are member states of the Apostille convention, theoretically it should be sufficient. I'll be able to confirm this in about a week's time when my documents arrive at Haas and I hear back from them.

In the meanwhile, you should inquire about the apostille certification process in your country. In my country, I first had to certify a photocopy by the university, then the Ministry of Education, and finally the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' consular service. But again, this process is different in every country, although I do believe that the final verification is handled by the MFA/Consulate everywhere.
Haas School Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
sesamemochi wrote:
Yeah, and maybe it's just me, but it seems like Haas sends out a lot more advertising e-mails that get the heart pumping than other schools.

Try MIT-Sloan. :o
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
guardonz wrote:
Me too. IMO, I started to hope for waitlist now - especially when I saw one guy from my country already got interview. Haas class size is too small to fill both of us in. :cry:

Do not give up hope based on perceived geographic balance. I spoke to a local alumnus who told me that there were 5 students in his class from my (small European) country.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
Haas confuses me.

On the 8/14/12 online chat, it reads:
Quote:
The interview process starts a few weeks after the round deadline, but will continue right up to the decision release deadline given the volume of applications and our holistic approach to evaluating every application.

So the interviews are conducted up until the decision deadline.

However, 4 months later, on the 12/13/12 online chat, it reads regarding the interview process (R1 in this case):
Quote:
As Stephanie mentioned in her email update this week we will continue to send out Round 1 interview invites up until the notification deadline in January.

So invites are sent up until the notification deadline, as opposed to what stated earlier.

Do you understand this differently and care to clear things out for me?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Just got an interview invite (R2 applicant), maybe it is not the time to stop hoping yet..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
GPT55 wrote:
Could people who interviewed please share their experience regarding the official documents submission?

I have mailed mine almost 2 weeks ago (I'm from Europe) but the online application's status report still says that I should mail them. Unfortunately my country's postal service told me their tracking service screwed up so I have no idea whether it has been delivered or not. I'm a bit anxious as if it has been lost, I must send another one (this time by Fedex or UPS) before the end of the week for it to make it to the school before decision date.

In your experience, how much time did it take for Haas to process your documents and notify you about their reception? Also, were you sent an e-mail or did only the "send your docs" notification disappear from the online application's status?

Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I sent mine back in December and received confirmation from Haas exactly two weeks after I requested to have them sent. They should notify you once they have been received.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
GPT55 wrote:
Could people who interviewed please share their experience regarding the official documents submission?

I have mailed mine almost 2 weeks ago (I'm from Europe) but the online application's status report still says that I should mail them. Unfortunately my country's postal service told me their tracking service screwed up so I have no idea whether it has been delivered or not. I'm a bit anxious as if it has been lost, I must send another one (this time by Fedex or UPS) before the end of the week for it to make it to the school before decision date.

In your experience, how much time did it take for Haas to process your documents and notify you about their reception? Also, were you sent an e-mail or did only the "send your docs" notification disappear from the online application's status?

Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I got an email saying my additional docs were received
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Kudos
MBAtLast wrote:
Congrats to all admitted! I've been away from my phone all day and was disappointed to find no missed calls, but it looks like today has been quiet on the forum. Bueller? :)

I'll revise that... got the call from Stephanie about an hour after posting this! Seriously so excited. I'm a Midwest applicant... nice way to end the day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
machichi wrote:
Eamers wrote:
Your post made me burst out laughing most likely from all my pent up nervous energy. I just want to scold anyone who calls me that isn't Stephanie (heaven forbid her call should go to voicemail... or worse! a busy signal... how do those still exist???). Dying to hear that she's made it to the West Coast and for a 510 # to come up on my phone. Please keep up the posting so I can know when I should start staring at my phone constantly.

Stephanie called to tell me she would be coming to the admitted students' houses on the west coast and knocking on their doors. She hopes you aren't wearing your jammies, but if you are she might have time to come in for cookies! That's just how personable Haas is.

lol. smart arse
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts