Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 23:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 70
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 23:30
Does anyone know when R1 and R2 waitlisters from the 2012 application cycle started hearing back relative to the R3 decision date?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2013, 22:59
will there still be chance to be invited to interview next week?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 39
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2013, 09:50
kaxikuku wrote:
will there still be chance to be invited to interview next week?



i really hope so. they say they call people up till the notification date. i think for international students though this week is probably the last week for getting an invite.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2013, 14:22
mba20155 wrote:
Does anyone know when R1 and R2 waitlisters from the 2012 application cycle started hearing back relative to the R3 decision date?


Yesterday was the deposit deadline for admitted R2 applicants, so they already know the class size admitted at R1 and R2. I hope we hear something next week
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Apr 2012
Posts: 7
Location: China
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2013, 08:53
latampmgmt wrote:
mba20155 wrote:
Does anyone know when R1 and R2 waitlisters from the 2012 application cycle started hearing back relative to the R3 decision date?


Yesterday was the deposit deadline for admitted R2 applicants, so they already know the class size admitted at R1 and R2. I hope we hear something next week


So is there anyone waitlisted report to have got the call? BTW, I'm waitlisted in R2.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 70
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 14:11
jerryzheng wrote:
latampmgmt wrote:
mba20155 wrote:
Does anyone know when R1 and R2 waitlisters from the 2012 application cycle started hearing back relative to the R3 decision date?


Yesterday was the deposit deadline for admitted R2 applicants, so they already know the class size admitted at R1 and R2. I hope we hear something next week


So is there anyone waitlisted report to have got the call? BTW, I'm waitlisted in R2.


I haven't seen anyone yet, but I think we can expect some movement around the R3 decision date, which is 4/11.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2012
Posts: 41
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 16:19
Hey folks. Any advice for my upcoming interview?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 118
Location: China
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 03:59
R3 internationals, any more invites coming in?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 15:37
Yes I'm international and just got an invite yesterday. Does this mean someone who was admitted from R2 decided not to deposit considering the timing of this invite?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 175
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 43

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 15:56
International, R3 here.
To tell you all the truth, if I get an invite this week or the next, I'd be surprised. At this point, I believe it's game over, at least for me. Although it seems some folks are getting invitations.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 10:41
Has anyone else got the Financial Aid e-mail from Haas? How about they send me an interview invite instead?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 10:53
hern007 wrote:
Has anyone else got the Financial Aid e-mail from Haas? How about they send me an interview invite instead?


Hahaha!! I said the same when i got eh Financial Aid email!

Im international, no interview yet...is there still a chance or is it game over for me?

Good Luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Nov 2012
Posts: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 00:13
thebdouglas wrote:
alis wrote:
ding...


Waitlist for me....third one now, pretty Lame! I knew I could handle one waitlist well, especially being the GSB, but I have been piling them on, Sloan and now Haas. I feel pretty burnt out and dejected, so much so that I really don't even want to do much with the WL crap.


Hi thebdouglas. I saw that you have updated your status to "admitted" for Haas. Congrats!!

Did you just hear the news this week?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 40
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 3.8
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 13

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 07:32
Have any waitlisted candidates heard back from Haas?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Mar 2013
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 07:53
does anyone know if interview invites are still going out? Is there anything we could do at this point that would increase our chance of being invited to interview? for example, would contacting admissions make a difference?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2009
Posts: 124
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 15

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:00
itaita wrote:
does anyone know if interview invites are still going out? Is there anything we could do at this point that would increase our chance of being invited to interview? for example, would contacting admissions make a difference?

I don’t think it would be a good idea to do this.
I don’t know about Haas, but I was traveling in a city that has another business school. I decided to visit the school, because I didn’t have anything to lose anyway.
I was facing a similar situation you are experiencing: next to the day of decision and still no news.
So, I decided to ask (just out of curiosity) how were things going, if they were going to invite more people, etc. I introduced myself in a very kind way and asked the person.
The admissions assistant at the reception desk was so rough by saying that “interviews are by invitation only” (in a rude way), that I regretted to ask.

I think that at Berkeley people are more open minded and more informal, but I don’t think they will invite you just because you called them.

Relax… just wait …
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Mar 2013
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 09:26
rainfall wrote:
itaita wrote:
does anyone know if interview invites are still going out? Is there anything we could do at this point that would increase our chance of being invited to interview? for example, would contacting admissions make a difference?

I don’t think it would be a good idea to do this.
I don’t know about Haas, but I was traveling in a city that has another business school. I decided to visit the school, because I didn’t have anything to lose anyway.
I was facing a similar situation you are experiencing: next to the day of decision and still no news.
So, I decided to ask (just out of curiosity) how were things going, if they were going to invite more people, etc. I introduced myself in a very kind way and asked the person.
The admissions assistant at the reception desk was so rough by saying that “interviews are by invitation only” (in a rude way), that I regretted to ask.

I think that at Berkeley people are more open minded and more informal, but I don’t think they will invite you just because you called them.

Relax… just wait …


thanks for the honest response. trying to relax..
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Posts: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.75
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2013, 08:29
1
This post received
KUDOS
latampmgmt wrote:
mba20155 wrote:
Does anyone know when R1 and R2 waitlisters from the 2012 application cycle started hearing back relative to the R3 decision date?


Yesterday was the deposit deadline for admitted R2 applicants, so they already know the class size admitted at R1 and R2. I hope we hear something next week



I'm a R1 waitlister who finally got the call yesterday from Stephanie - I'm in!!! From what she said, it sounds like they are revisiting the waitlist and making some decisions as they approach the R3 decision date. Good luck to others on the WL who are waiting to hear back!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2013, 08:44
pasutto12 wrote:
latampmgmt wrote:
mba20155 wrote:
Does anyone know when R1 and R2 waitlisters from the 2012 application cycle started hearing back relative to the R3 decision date?


Yesterday was the deposit deadline for admitted R2 applicants, so they already know the class size admitted at R1 and R2. I hope we hear something next week



I'm a R1 waitlister who finally got the call yesterday from Stephanie - I'm in!!! From what she said, it sounds like they are revisiting the waitlist and making some decisions as they approach the R3 decision date. Good luck to others on the WL who are waiting to hear back!



Thanks for the update and congrats on your admission to Haas!!! I'm crossing fingers here to get the call too... Another week for me staring at the cell phone, haha :?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Posts: 76
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.66
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2013, 11:51
beck222 wrote:
thebdouglas wrote:
alis wrote:
ding...


Waitlist for me....third one now, pretty Lame! I knew I could handle one waitlist well, especially being the GSB, but I have been piling them on, Sloan and now Haas. I feel pretty burnt out and dejected, so much so that I really don't even want to do much with the WL crap.


Hi thebdouglas. I saw that you have updated your status to "admitted" for Haas. Congrats!!

Did you just hear the news this week?


Thank You. Yes, I heard back midweek. Now I need to go visit campus to help make decisions. I have heard the go to the best school line a lot, but it is difficult to turn down money that will allow me to graduate debt free. We will see, and best of luck to everyone else.
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 31 Mar 2013, 11:51
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
188 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants MALD2011 977 26 Jun 2012, 05:28
101 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants Kenny0929 1480 27 Nov 2012, 20:21
Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! suntaurian 5 30 Mar 2009, 11:50
34 Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2009 Applicants agold 632 12 Jun 2008, 10:18
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  49    Next  [ 978 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.