Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 12:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 18:33
I am seeing messages about application status from members here. I am assuming an interview is pretty much required prior to admission. Have you been interviewed by adcom already ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 18:36
suchivuk wrote:
I am seeing messages about application status from members here. I am assuming an interview is pretty much required prior to admission. Have you been interviewed by adcom already ?

Yeah. I interviewed in December.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 22:43
NateM wrote:
packet82 wrote:
Well, it looks like they've at least gone through my application. If I do get admitted, I'm going to have to take the statistics course:

Prerequisite Courses:
College-level Mathematics: Complete
Statistics: Incomplete

Anyone else reviewed so far? I am showing a blank (and trying not to read too much into it)

Don't read anything into it. They'll complete the analysis for all submitted apps before the notification date. The analysis has nothing to do with whether you are admitted.

To answer a question posted above, yes, all admitted students are interviewed by an adcom prior to admission.

To answer another question, yes, all admitted students will receive a welcome call. Note, there were a couple of students who didn't receive a call that were admitted, however, that was only because of a mixup. And no, they won't call if you're not admitted.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 15:56
Was anyone invited for an interview in the last few weeks or did anyone interview this week ?
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q V

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2013, 16:14
suchivuk wrote:
Was anyone invited for an interview in the last few weeks or did anyone interview this week ?

suchivuk,

I interviewed in 1st week of Jan. I am not sure whether anyone is interviewing this week.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 6

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 10:41
This post received
KUDOS
A couple of weeks left for the outcome on R1 applications. I hope they continue to call applicants for interviews and not waitlist them without one. :-)
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 19:47
Looks like my "Statistics Course" requirement column is not updated yet. However, it's updated for most of them here on this forum. Initially, I thought this was not a big deal. But, come to think of it, if the AdCom has already decided that one is NOT going to make it to the class, why would they bother updating that section? :shock: It doesn't make any sense to me. Now, I am trying to read between the lines here and assuming that if the AdCom updates that section, then that person is IN. :) This could be just my anxiety playing a prank on me - 2 weeks before the deadline. :)
2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 46 [2] , given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 19:50
This post received
KUDOS
Kenny0929 wrote:
Looks like my "Statistics Course" requirement column is not updated yet. However, it's updated for most of them here on this forum. Initially, I thought this was not a big deal. But, come to think of it, if the AdCom has already decided that one is NOT going to make it to the class, why would they bother updating that section? :shock: It doesn't make any sense to me. Now, I am trying to read between the lines here and assuming that if the AdCom updates that section, then that person is IN. :) This could be just my anxiety playing a prank on me - 2 weeks before the deadline. :)

Step back for a second and take a breath. All it means is that they haven't gotten around to reviewing your file yet. There are still a couple weeks until the deadline and I'm sure they're working through everything as fast as they can, but there are a lot of applications. I interviewed a couple weeks before you. So, chances are your file is just further down in the stack.
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 19:52
packet82 wrote:
Kenny0929 wrote:

Step back for a second and take a breath. All it means is that they haven't gotten around to reviewing your file yet. There are still a couple weeks until the deadline and I'm sure they're working through everything as fast as they can, but there are a lot of applications. I interviewed a couple weeks before you. So, chances are your file is just further down in the stack.

Well.. I really hope you are right, packet82! :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: Q V

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 11:46
suchivuk wrote:
A couple of weeks left for the outcome on R1 applications. I hope they continue to call applicants for interviews and not waitlist them without one. :-)

I am also getting a little nervous as I did not receive an invitation for an interview yet :?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 11:55
Well, I did interview but not nearly as well as I had hoped, and I'm seeing blanks in my statistics requirement section too.

Two weeks seems awfully long especially when you're having sleepless nights :?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 12:45
Not much else you can do at the moment other than wait. Assuming you're done with all your applications, take the free time to do something fun. Once school starts, there isn't going to be much free time.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 16:51
File is under review - Pre-Reqs are showing blank. Waiting for the interview call. Two weeks to R1 deadline. Jeez !! This is getting interesting. :-)
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 17:24
suchivuk wrote:
File is under review - Pre-Reqs are showing blank. Waiting for the interview call. Two weeks to R1 deadline. Jeez !! This is getting interesting. :-)

Just curious: If you don't mind me asking, what's your profile (GMAT, industry, etc)?
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 17:53
Sure. 8 yrs in Supply Chain Operations in a PM / Quality role. Managed org level initiatives. I have worked for only 2 big companies so far in my career. Masters in US. Two good recos. A nice GMAT score (Not the greatest data point i have on my app !!) :-)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 23:04
suchivuk wrote:
Sure. 8 yrs in Supply Chain Operations in a PM / Quality role. Managed org level initiatives. I have worked for only 2 big companies so far in my career. Masters in US. Two good recos. A nice GMAT score (Not the greatest data point i have on my app !!) :-)

Looks like you have a pretty good profile. I wonder if they really read an application before sending out an interview invite. I was of the impression that they just screen based on stats like GMAT, gpa, WE etc. to make that decision.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.8

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 10:13
Did any of the R2 candidates notice any updates on their application or heard from the AdCom?

I am curious how many days it will take before we notice any updates on the R2 applications. I submitted my application for R2 last week and my file is in "received" mode as of today.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 10:19
R2 ! - You can really relax ! I mean it, cause the R1's are still waiting (even those who have interviewed) ! :-)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.8

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 10:28
Haas has a history of putting R1 and R2 applicants in wait list mode and call many of them for interview during R3 after comparing all the candidates. I wouldn't be surprised if even after a month I don't hear anything from Haas.

So I am relaxed! :) - just trying to get a overall pulse and get the other R2 candidates respond.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 10:48
That is good info. You actually hit the anxiety button down even for the R1's i guess. :-)
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 18 Jan 2013, 10:48