Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 18:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 13:39
On May 31st...although most people who recieved an admit on this forum were called a day earlier I guess.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 13:45
Rush1982 wrote:
Hi,

I was invited to interview on Friday April 10th. My application status was changed to 'file under review' within a couple hours of my interview. Does anyone know when I'd be hearing on the decision?

Thanks!

Hi Rush1982 - Could you tell more about your interview and your profile if you don't mind sharing it. I was also interviewed on April 10th but my status has not changed yet. I am not sure if they change the status for only those applicants who are of interest to them.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 13:11
I think you just earned your Admit letter!
Congratulations.

MBACLASS2013 wrote:
packet82 wrote:
thebdouglas wrote:
Or it simply shows that you are trying harder to get into any and every program and has no direct bearing on your passion for Haas whatsoever. Me scoring a 760 on the GMAT does not mean I am passionate about any program, it means I worked my butt off to have a shot at any top program. Retaking the GMAT and scoring better would show the same thing.

Generally speaking, if you're applying to part-time programs, you're only going to be applying to one or two schools.

Retaking the GMAT is about removing weak spots in your profile. At this point in the game, there aren't many options for improving your profile. If you have a GMAT score below the average for the school, it's probably a good idea to retake the GMAT. It shows effort and may move you ahead of other on the list, which is your goal.

I took GMAT again this week and scored 700, which is 40 points more than my previous score.
This is max I could do in a month's time :)
Keeping fingers crossed for the third time!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 17:09
calculas wrote:
I think you just earned your Admit letter!
Congratulations.

Quote:
I took GMAT again this week and scored 700, which is 40 points more than my previous score.

Thanks Calculus for your kind words. I am hopefully awaiting the D-day.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 20:24
Rush1982 wrote:
Hi,

I was invited to interview on Friday April 10th. My application status was changed to 'file under review' within a couple hours of my interview. Does anyone know when I'd be hearing on the decision?

Thanks!

Are there some candidates who submitted application in round 4, had their interview but the status is still showing "Invited for Interview". I am not sure when do they usually change the status.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 08:25
MBACLASS2013 wrote:
packet82 wrote:
thebdouglas wrote:
Or it simply shows that you are trying harder to get into any and every program and has no direct bearing on your passion for Haas whatsoever. Me scoring a 760 on the GMAT does not mean I am passionate about any program, it means I worked my butt off to have a shot at any top program. Retaking the GMAT and scoring better would show the same thing.

Generally speaking, if you're applying to part-time programs, you're only going to be applying to one or two schools.

Retaking the GMAT is about removing weak spots in your profile. At this point in the game, there aren't many options for improving your profile. If you have a GMAT score below the average for the school, it's probably a good idea to retake the GMAT. It shows effort and may move you ahead of other on the list, which is your goal.

Congrats! That will definitely move you up on the wait list. Good luck.
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 10:50
packet82 wrote:

Congrats! That will definitely move you up on the wait list. Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks Packet! You have always been great help.

I had few questions for those who took the Statistics waiver exam. Does following material needs to be studied too?

1- Deriving Confidence Interval of Population Proportion
2- Deriving a regression line equation for given data.

I heard it is a pass/fail exam? Does anyone knows approx what percent of questions one needs to attempt correctly to clear to the test?
Also, is there any sample test somewhere to get an idea of it:P

Thanks all.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 12:12
hmm...no sample test is there...infact we sign a honor clause promising not to discuss anything regarding the test outside :)
However, the test itself is simple and grading is generous.
Stick to the topics mentioned in the list (no less, no more!) and you are good to go.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 16:51
just like to add that a lot of folks were called on the decision day! so may 31st your phone may ring (hopefully)

good look everyone!
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 08:31
vitenite wrote:
hmm...no sample test is there...infact we sign a honor clause promising not to discuss anything regarding the test outside :)
However, the test itself is simple and grading is generous.
Stick to the topics mentioned in the list (no less, no more!) and you are good to go.

Thanks much. This is helpful.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 09:19
so...its 2 weeks to d-day...anyone feeling nervous yet?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 10:12
Has there been any one who heard the decisions for the Haas round 4... do they give out results only on 31 May or some time before as well...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 10:27
Fightitout wrote:
Has there been any one who heard the decisions for the Haas round 4... do they give out results only on 31 May or some time before as well...

All decisions are supposed to be released on May 31. They start calling the admitted students a day early though.
Manager
Manager

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 10:28
Fightitout wrote:

Admit calls should start coming in from May 30, a day before the published result date and might continue to May 31.
This has been the behavior in Round 1 and 2, so I expect it will repeat.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 10:30
vitenite wrote:

Still waiting for the stats waiver exam result. It wasn't as easy as I expected. whatever it may be, I hope it does not tilt the end decision.
Yes, eagerly waiting for the results so that I can move on with other things depending on this and end this drama
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 10:56
finally wrote:
vitenite wrote:

Still waiting for the stats waiver exam result. It wasn't as easy as I expected. whatever it may be, I hope it does not tilt the end decision.
Yes, eagerly waiting for the results so that I can move on with other things depending on this and end this drama

great timing! just received the stats waiver result - Pass! phewww... the wait for D-day begins now
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 12:16
Cleared the Stats waiver. I didn't have a good feeling after the exam. It s probably the generous grading that helped me! Looking forward to May 31.All the best for those who have their waiver exam in June.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2013, 15:19
Hey Freemont - I have a few questions about the stats exam
1. statistics for business and economics is not available and hence I am planning to refer to a different book...Did you do the same or did you go through the same book ( I guess I am asking if the exam is about the concepts than I should be fine brushing up from another book)
2. Did you use the book as the reference and basically study the topics which have been mentioned in the pdf..
3. How long in your opinion should one prepare if he has a strong math background ( I have not attended a stat course for the past 7 years :))...but I scored like 50 on quant so ...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT Date: 02-18-2012

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 13:03
Did anyone register for the Data and Decisions workshop starting in June ? Iam skeptical of registering for the course before the final decisions are made. Will they offer a refund if you arent admitted ? Also , is it a big deal if you mentioned you were going to register for the Haas course in the application and later changed my mind to just take a course from a community college , once iam admitted ? Any help is appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT Date: 02-18-2012

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 13:53
Quote:
I doubt they'd refund you, but you'd have to call the office to ask.

No, it's not a big deal if you take it from the community college instead of the Haas course. They just want to know what your plans were, if they change after you submit the application, they're fine. As long as you complete the prereqs, they're happy.

thank you for the insight , packet82.
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 22 May 2013, 13:53