Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 10:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 15:31
packet82 wrote:
pinchharmonic wrote:
best of luck... mine is next tuesday. how's your preparation? the biggest advice i've been given is to relax. the best interviews spawn from this nice relaxed dynamic between interviewer and interviewee (easier said than done for me)

btw, 10 more seats! 240-250.


Good to hear about the added seats. Any word if they're during the week or on the weekend?

For the interview, I'm treating it like any normal interview I have with clients. Stay relaxed and don't focus too much on the exact wording of your responses. The best thing you can do is just be yourself. It's a blind interview. So, they're not going to be grilling you on your application. Know your resume and you'll be fine.

Just remember they're not looking to deny you admission. It's just a verification process to make sure you're the same person that submitted the application.


i've heard the same too, although I hope it carries considerable weight as it is a way for me to differentiate myself. I've heard two extremes: one saying it's purely a sanity check, another person saying he was rejected two years straight (accepted third) because of the interview. The latter implies that it's more than just a sanity check or a verification of person to application since he didn't use a consultant or a fake essay,etc.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Posts: 42
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 09:44
I hope you get in. Do not worry now.
The fact that they had a lot of information on your from your FT app is the reason your interview was so detailed. The other reports on this forum do not mention this level of detail.
And, all us engineers are going to have a tough time differentiating.

calculas wrote:
Hey Guys,

I interviewed on the 10th.
I have previously (blind) interviewed with Kellogg and Anderson also, I'd say this is nothing similar to those. This interview (or atleast mine) was not blind as they like to put it. The questions I was asked were extremely targeted, there was absolutely no beating around the bush. Most of the questions kinda indicated what they really wanted to understand.

I had recently gotten a major promotion, 25% of the time was spent on understanding this promotion
I had applied to the Haas's FT prog last year, 25% of the time was spent on explaining why the shift from FT -> PT
25% of the time was spent on very very intricate details from my resume, I was stumped ( and impressed) by the level of details they care

The routine questions were peppered between the head-scratcher's.
- How is my current situation linked with my short term goal
- Have you talked with anyone or atleast connected with anyone from target short-term goal place (!)
- What would your collegues or friends say about you
- Long term goal in very detail (not the routine stuff of I want to do blah blah - do your homework!)
- What will I bring to the class
- Motivation behind long term goal

After about 25mins of speaking and explaining how I am different and how will bring a lot of different things to the table, I get this question
- We get tons of applications from engineers like you every-year, how are you different :shock:

I thought the last one was the proverbial 'final nail in the coffin'.

I would have enjoyed and probably aced the interview if I knew what was coming, I was sort of caught off-guard. I do not have high expectations of making it.

Luckily I got an acceptance from UCLA this week, for now I am proceeding as if its a done deal.

Good luck to you all!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 10:18
VibhaVKM wrote:
I hope you get in. Do not worry now.
The fact that they had a lot of information on your from your FT app is the reason your interview was so detailed. The other reports on this forum do not mention this level of detail.
And, all us engineers are going to have a tough time differentiating.

calculas wrote:
Hey Guys,

I interviewed on the 10th.
I have previously (blind) interviewed with Kellogg and Anderson also, I'd say this is nothing similar to those. This interview (or atleast mine) was not blind as they like to put it. The questions I was asked were extremely targeted, there was absolutely no beating around the bush. Most of the questions kinda indicated what they really wanted to understand.

I had recently gotten a major promotion, 25% of the time was spent on understanding this promotion
I had applied to the Haas's FT prog last year, 25% of the time was spent on explaining why the shift from FT -> PT
25% of the time was spent on very very intricate details from my resume, I was stumped ( and impressed) by the level of details they care

The routine questions were peppered between the head-scratcher's.
- How is my current situation linked with my short term goal
- Have you talked with anyone or atleast connected with anyone from target short-term goal place (!)
- What would your collegues or friends say about you
- Long term goal in very detail (not the routine stuff of I want to do blah blah - do your homework!)
- What will I bring to the class
- Motivation behind long term goal

After about 25mins of speaking and explaining how I am different and how will bring a lot of different things to the table, I get this question
- We get tons of applications from engineers like you every-year, how are you different :shock:

I thought the last one was the proverbial 'final nail in the coffin'.

I would have enjoyed and probably aced the interview if I knew what was coming, I was sort of caught off-guard. I do not have high expectations of making it.

Luckily I got an acceptance from UCLA this week, for now I am proceeding as if its a done deal.

Good luck to you all!


I think the real question is, HOW do you differentiate yourself from the other engineers? Or, approaching it differently, WHAT is it about engineers that is so boring to the adcom? I feel there must be some common characteristic among all engineers they don't like. Perhaps too quant focused? Boring?

What were the things you mentioned in those 25 minutes that didn't seem to convince them that you are different from the rest of engineers?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 10:33
calculas wrote:
Hey Guys,

I interviewed on the 10th.
I have previously (blind) interviewed with Kellogg and Anderson also, I'd say this is nothing similar to those. This interview (or atleast mine) was not blind as they like to put it. The questions I was asked were extremely targeted, there was absolutely no beating around the bush. Most of the questions kinda indicated what they really wanted to understand.

I had recently gotten a major promotion, 25% of the time was spent on understanding this promotion
I had applied to the Haas's FT prog last year, 25% of the time was spent on explaining why the shift from FT -> PT
25% of the time was spent on very very intricate details from my resume, I was stumped ( and impressed) by the level of details they care

The routine questions were peppered between the head-scratcher's.
- How is my current situation linked with my short term goal
- Have you talked with anyone or atleast connected with anyone from target short-term goal place (!)
- What would your collegues or friends say about you
- Long term goal in very detail (not the routine stuff of I want to do blah blah - do your homework!)
- What will I bring to the class
- Motivation behind long term goal

After about 25mins of speaking and explaining how I am different and how will bring a lot of different things to the table, I get this question
- We get tons of applications from engineers like you every-year, how are you different :shock:

I thought the last one was the proverbial 'final nail in the coffin'.

I would have enjoyed and probably aced the interview if I knew what was coming, I was sort of caught off-guard. I do not have high expectations of making it.

Luckily I got an acceptance from UCLA this week, for now I am proceeding as if its a done deal.

Good luck to you all!


I just had my interview. It definitely was blind for me. They clearly had looked through my resume and come up with a bunch of questions based off of that. Nothing too terrible as far as questions go. I think it went pretty well, but who knows what will happen. Now I get to sit back and wait.

For the engineers out there, don't feel bad. I felt like I had to differentiate myself from other consultants which only make up 6% of the class.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 10:57
packet82 wrote:
calculas wrote:
Hey Guys,

I interviewed on the 10th.
I have previously (blind) interviewed with Kellogg and Anderson also, I'd say this is nothing similar to those. This interview (or atleast mine) was not blind as they like to put it. The questions I was asked were extremely targeted, there was absolutely no beating around the bush. Most of the questions kinda indicated what they really wanted to understand.

I had recently gotten a major promotion, 25% of the time was spent on understanding this promotion
I had applied to the Haas's FT prog last year, 25% of the time was spent on explaining why the shift from FT -> PT
25% of the time was spent on very very intricate details from my resume, I was stumped ( and impressed) by the level of details they care

The routine questions were peppered between the head-scratcher's.
- How is my current situation linked with my short term goal
- Have you talked with anyone or atleast connected with anyone from target short-term goal place (!)
- What would your collegues or friends say about you
- Long term goal in very detail (not the routine stuff of I want to do blah blah - do your homework!)
- What will I bring to the class
- Motivation behind long term goal

After about 25mins of speaking and explaining how I am different and how will bring a lot of different things to the table, I get this question
- We get tons of applications from engineers like you every-year, how are you different :shock:

I thought the last one was the proverbial 'final nail in the coffin'.

I would have enjoyed and probably aced the interview if I knew what was coming, I was sort of caught off-guard. I do not have high expectations of making it.

Luckily I got an acceptance from UCLA this week, for now I am proceeding as if its a done deal.

Good luck to you all!


I just had my interview. It definitely was blind for me. They clearly had looked through my resume and come up with a bunch of questions based off of that. Nothing too terrible as far as questions go. I think it went pretty well, but who knows what will happen. Now I get to sit back and wait.

For the engineers out there, don't feel bad. I felt like I had to differentiate myself from other consultants which only make up 6% of the class.


very cool, thanks for the update. any pattern to what they wanted to clarify in the resume? perhaps promotions? leadership experiences within each bullet point? impact?

was there any talk of your extracurricular activities? everything seems so work related!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 11:07
pinchharmonic wrote:

very cool, thanks for the update. any pattern to what they wanted to clarify in the resume? perhaps promotions? leadership experiences within each bullet point? impact?

was there any talk of your extracurricular activities? everything seems so work related!


For me, it was mostly because I've worked in a number of companies in the past. So, they wanted to clarify why I've changed jobs.

The vast majority of the time in mine was spent on work, and they definitely hold you to a 30 minute time limit.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 11:16
packet82 wrote:
pinchharmonic wrote:

very cool, thanks for the update. any pattern to what they wanted to clarify in the resume? perhaps promotions? leadership experiences within each bullet point? impact?

was there any talk of your extracurricular activities? everything seems so work related!


For me, it was mostly because I've worked in a number of companies in the past. So, they wanted to clarify why I've changed jobs.

The vast majority of the time in mine was spent on work, and they definitely hold you to a 30 minute time limit.


Right. I've been at the same company for 7 years so I figure they will try to narrow in on the "transitions" just like your transitions between jobs.

here's a totally different question... i assume you wore a suit. what is considered business formal in terms of colors? My suit is black with dark blue stripes, formal enough, but what about the shirt and tie? I have a white checkered shirt that is a bit casual, and a dark tie.

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 11:21
pinchharmonic wrote:
Right. I've been at the same company for 7 years so I figure they will try to narrow in on the "transitions" just like your transitions between jobs.

here's a totally different question... i assume you wore a suit. what is considered business formal in terms of colors? My suit is black with dark blue stripes, formal enough, but what about the shirt and tie? I have a white checkered shirt that is a bit casual, and a dark tie.

Thanks!


My interview was actually over Skype since my schedule is nuts during the week and it's near impossible to commit to something in person unless it's on a weekend. It wasn't ideal, but thankfully I've been to a class visit back in September. So, hopefully not showing up to the interview didn't hurt me too much.

Being from the east coast originally, I went formal with the suit. Black suit, solid white shirt, and a solid blue tie. I was going to wear a red tie, but didn't want to jinx anything by wearing Stanford colors.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 66
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 15:02
packet82 wrote:
pinchharmonic wrote:
Right. I've been at the same company for 7 years so I figure they will try to narrow in on the "transitions" just like your transitions between jobs.

here's a totally different question... i assume you wore a suit. what is considered business formal in terms of colors? My suit is black with dark blue stripes, formal enough, but what about the shirt and tie? I have a white checkered shirt that is a bit casual, and a dark tie.

Thanks!


My interview was actually over Skype since my schedule is nuts during the week and it's near impossible to commit to something in person unless it's on a weekend. It wasn't ideal, but thankfully I've been to a class visit back in September. So, hopefully not showing up to the interview didn't hurt me too much.

Being from the east coast originally, I went formal with the suit. Black suit, solid white shirt, and a solid blue tie. I was going to wear a red tie, but didn't want to jinx anything by wearing Stanford colors.



- Wear a plain shirt (no checks)
- Any decent tie will do
- Any business suit is fine

On a different note, be prepared to answer - "Why were you with the same company for so long" - I was also with the same company for over 5 yrs, I was asked this question.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 15:48
calculas wrote:
On a different note, be prepared to answer - "Why were you with the same company for so long" - I was also with the same company for over 5 yrs, I was asked this question.


Glad to hear it wasn't just me. That was a line of questioning I hadn't expected.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2012, 10:33
I interviewed this week. Few pointers to those who are anxious.

1- 30 min is the limit. Not a minute over.
2- Basic questions.
Walk me through your resume.
Long term goals. How will you organize your time (I have diversified profile).
What do your friends say about you.
What is your greatest achievement at current company.
and some others.

3- Be calm. It is really comfortable interview.

I am an engineer too, but as I said I have diversified profile and had a little unorthodox interview. I was able to focus more on my other side of life.
Wear a professional suit. I wore Grey suit with plain light blue shirt and a blank tie.

Best wishes to all.
Now keeping fingers crossed till Feb :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2012, 21:58
MBACLASS2013 wrote:
I interviewed this week. Few pointers to those who are anxious.

1- 30 min is the limit. Not a minute over.
2- Basic questions.
Walk me through your resume.
Long term goals. How will you organize your time (I have diversified profile).
What do your friends say about you.
What is your greatest achievement at current company.
and some others.

3- Be calm. It is really comfortable interview.

I am an engineer too, but as I said I have diversified profile and had a little unorthodox interview. I was able to focus more on my other side of life.
Wear a professional suit. I wore Grey suit with plain light blue shirt and a blank tie.

Best wishes to all.
Now keeping fingers crossed till Feb :)


congrats. the fact you said it was a comfortable interview should indicate you did fairly well. i'm hoping I can nudge the interview into my out-of-work experiences. when you say "unorthodox", what do you mean?

February is my birthday, fingers crossed! i can already tell you I only want one thing for xmas and bday combined.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 27
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 08:13
Folks - Did any R1 applicants receive an interview call in the last few days ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 14:05
suchivuk wrote:
Folks - Did any R1 applicants receive an interview call in the last few days ?


all of us here who got invites received them by email. i'm pretty sure they do not call. i haven't heard of any invites recently, but they practically all the way until the decision date
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 27
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 14:19
Thank You. Keeping my fingers crossed. Submitted my application towards the end of Oct and i am getting anxious. :-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Schools: Haas EWMBA '16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 14:31
pinchharmonic wrote:
hey everyone, I had my interview yesterday. Overall, I'd say it was a good experience. I feel I could have answered some questions better, but I think the nerves got to me, at least for the first 10 minutes.

Here are the questions I was asked

- Point out the career progression (this was really a walk me through your resume, but with an emphasis on career transitions in my current position)
- Goals
- Why MBA? Was not asked exactly like that, asked more like well if your goal is XYZ why do you need an MBA?
- Why Haas?
- What would your manager say about you?
- Tell me about strengths/weakness
- Tell me about a mistake you made.
- If you were CEO what would you do?
- how are you different than other engineers?
- Questions for me?

Now that I think about it, there were a whole lotta questions .. certainly more than I anticipated.

Engineers... stay non-technical

Best of luck to everyone.


Originally I had my interview scheduled on the 19th but then they called me and said there is a scheduling conflict and asked if I could move it to 21st. maybe it was you that reserved the same spot as me?? lol

anyway i just had my interview this morning. i thought it went a little better than i thought. i was really nervous and wrote up a draft and was trying to memorize most of it. i didn't want to sound like a robot so i eventually dumped it and went a little freestyle.

it was the basic questions like you listed. at least now i can start my holiday without worry about interview. I didn't get the CEO question but i had a few others. i felt it was a little short. the interviewer kept on monitoring the clock. we went over the time limit by 5 minutes and i felt i could have said more.

my interviewer isn't really part of the admission committee... my interviewer actually went to MBA at a different school (a very good one too). my interviewer is only helping out the Haas adcom because thats where the passion lies in.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 17:26
1ch1ban wrote:
pinchharmonic wrote:
hey everyone, I had my interview yesterday. Overall, I'd say it was a good experience. I feel I could have answered some questions better, but I think the nerves got to me, at least for the first 10 minutes.

Here are the questions I was asked

- Point out the career progression (this was really a walk me through your resume, but with an emphasis on career transitions in my current position)
- Goals
- Why MBA? Was not asked exactly like that, asked more like well if your goal is XYZ why do you need an MBA?
- Why Haas?
- What would your manager say about you?
- Tell me about strengths/weakness
- Tell me about a mistake you made.
- If you were CEO what would you do?
- how are you different than other engineers?
- Questions for me?

Now that I think about it, there were a whole lotta questions .. certainly more than I anticipated.

Engineers... stay non-technical

Best of luck to everyone.


Originally I had my interview scheduled on the 19th but then they called me and said there is a scheduling conflict and asked if I could move it to 21st. maybe it was you that reserved the same spot as me?? lol

anyway i just had my interview this morning. i thought it went a little better than i thought. i was really nervous and wrote up a draft and was trying to memorize most of it. i didn't want to sound like a robot so i eventually dumped it and went a little freestyle.

it was the basic questions like you listed. at least now i can start my holiday without worry about interview. I didn't get the CEO question but i had a few others. i felt it was a little short. the interviewer kept on monitoring the clock. we went over the time limit by 5 minutes and i felt i could have said more.

my interviewer isn't really part of the admission committee... my interviewer actually went to MBA at a different school (a very good one too). my interviewer is only helping out the Haas adcom because thats where the passion lies in.



i also felt it was short. I really tried to gauge the interviewer's facial expressions to tell when to move on. With that said, I moved on rather quickly. I'd say that if I wanted to cover 2 points, I would get 1 or 1.5 of my points in before i could tell it was time to move on or another question was asked.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Schools: Haas EWMBA '16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 20:33
pinchharmonic wrote:
suchivuk wrote:
Folks - Did any R1 applicants receive an interview call in the last few days ?


all of us here who got invites received them by email. i'm pretty sure they do not call. i haven't heard of any invites recently, but they practically all the way until the decision date


i think applicants only get called when they receive acceptance.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 10:29
Anyone else interviewed recently? So far, by reading all the interview reports, feels like it's a pretty standard interview (barring one, of course). My interview is in 1st week of Jan.
Also, looks like the acceptance rate at Haas is around 40% (correct me if I am wrong). Does anyone have any idea as to what percentage of applicants are interviewed?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 16:56
Kenny0929 wrote:
Anyone else interviewed recently? So far, by reading all the interview reports, feels like it's a pretty standard interview (barring one, of course). My interview is in 1st week of Jan.
Also, looks like the acceptance rate at Haas is around 40% (correct me if I am wrong). Does anyone have any idea as to what percentage of applicants are interviewed?


According to their admissions people, they interview ~2/3 of their applicant pool and everyone who gets admitted is interviewed. So, assuming that the 40% admission rate is correct, you have about a 60% chance of getting in if you get an interview invite.
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Dec 2012, 16:56
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
101 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants Kenny0929 1480 27 Nov 2012, 20:21
11 Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist dvoraky 243 01 Feb 2013, 11:43
188 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants MALD2011 977 26 Jun 2012, 05:28
Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! suntaurian 5 30 Mar 2009, 11:50
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  75    Next  [ 1481 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.