Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Dec 2014, 02:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 11:39
Looks like my preqs are reviewed now.

Prerequisite Courses:
College-level Mathematics: Complete
Statistics: Incomplete
(if blank, then not yet reviewed.)

I somehow have a feeling that for those whose "College-level Mathematics" is blank (and "Statistics" is reviewed), it may be because of lower Quant. score in GMAT. I think they look at one's GMAT Quant score (among other things) to waive College-level Mathematics. Perhaps, they are still deciding on the cut-off number and hence its blank!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 11:42
Kenny0929 wrote:

Prerequisite Courses:

I somehow have a feeling that for those whose "College-level Mathematics" is blank (and "Statistics" is reviewed), it may be because of lower Quant. score in GMAT. I think they look at one's GMAT Quant score (among other things) to waive College-level Mathematics. Perhaps, they are still deciding on the cut-off number and hence its blank!

They also look at the text box where they asked you to list any quant courses you've taken and the grades you've gotten to determine if you'll need to take a class or not.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 11:43
Math shows - Incomplete and Stats shows - Incomplete. I thought i read somewhere that one should have taken Stat / Math related courses in the last 5 years to get the pre-req waived off. It could be interpreted in different ways i guess. :-)
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 11:48
suchivuk wrote:
Math shows - Incomplete and Stats shows - Incomplete. I thought i read somewhere that one should have taken Stat / Math related courses in the last 5 years to get the pre-req waived off. It could be interpreted in different ways i guess. :-)

Yes, true. Speculate as much as you can - 9 more days to go for the D-day. :wink:
Btw, suchivuk: Any luck with that interview call?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 11:51
Kenny0929 wrote:
Yes, true. Speculate as much as you can - 9 more days to go for the D-day. :wink:

Gotta do something while we wait.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 12:02
No !! :-) The interview really had a huge and a very positive impact during the Anderson application process. I wish everyone gets a chance to interview at Berkeley. I strongly believe that a face-face is where the rubber hits the road !!!! :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 12:05
suchivuk wrote:
No !! :-) The interview really had a huge and a very positive impact during the Anderson application process. I wish everyone gets a chance to interview at Berkeley. I strongly believe that a face-face is where the rubber hits the road !!!! :-)

Well, I have an interview at UCLA this weekend. Hopefully it goes as well at the Berkeley one did.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: Q V

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 13:10
packet82 wrote:
Kenny0929 wrote:

Gotta do something while we wait.

Yep...

Still no interview invite :|
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 14:31
For UCLA, it's usually 2nd year femba students on the interview panel, and the admissions director mentioned that they treat the interview feedback as a third recommendation. So it's not mandatory and it doesn't carry a lot of weight unless you need to explain weaknesses in your application.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 14:38
Kenny0929 wrote:

Prerequisite Courses:

The college level mathematics prerequisite will be waived if you have a 47+ Quant score on the GMAT. The vast majority of admitted students will have to take the statistics waiver exam, a statistics course at a community college, or one of a couple statistics workshops held during the summer.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 14:58
rajcooper wrote:
For UCLA, it's usually 2nd year femba students on the interview panel, and the admissions director mentioned that they treat the interview feedback as a third recommendation. So it's not mandatory and it doesn't carry a lot of weight unless you need to explain weaknesses in your application.

Maybe :-) !! When the Asst Dean called regarding the acceptance, he specifically mentioned that the person who interviewed gave a very positive feedback and that it really helped them come to a decision. :-) So, for those of you who are interviewing with Anderson, give it your best shot. :-) I am assuming your sleeves are all rolled up for giving the best shot. :-) Berkeley / Anderson - They are both fantastic universities to go to. :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 08:57
9 more days to go! And now the anxiety is just going through the roof!!! Best of luck everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 11:26
Anyone else get an email from the director of student experience? Strange email and I'm not quite sure what they were trying to get across.
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 11:29
packet82 wrote:
Anyone else get an email from the director of student experience? Strange email and I'm not quite sure what they were trying to get across.

Ya. I got it too.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 11:46
packet82 wrote:

i think everyone gets it as it's just a marketing email. what were you suggesting?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 11:47
pinchharmonic wrote:
packet82 wrote:

i think everyone gets it as it's just a marketing email. what were you suggesting?

Nothing really, just that it was a strange email that didn't really say a whole lot.
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 12:00
packet82 wrote:
pinchharmonic wrote:
packet82 wrote:

Nothing really, just that it was a strange email that didn't really say a whole lot.

I think it's an email to show that they really "care" about the program. Moreover, it's mainly for those who are still contemplating on whether to apply or not. :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 15:17
Better student experience? How about better applicant experience?? Release the decisions a week early and put us out of our misery..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 15:27
what do you guys think on how many people might have applied this year for R1? anyone care to guess?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 15:55
rajcooper wrote:
Better student experience? How about better applicant experience?? Release the decisions a week early and put us out of our misery..

That probably won't happen. If you look at their application deadlines there's a 2 week overlap between when R2 applications are due and when R1 admits are announced. They use that time to go through all the R2 applications to see what kind of class they're going to have. That's also why your chances are roughly the same between R1 and R2.

That's probably the same reason UCLA makes the deposit for R1 due on 1/31 when Berkeley announces R1 admits on 2/1.
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 23 Jan 2013, 15:55