Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 20:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 18:51
speedingdaemon wrote:
I meant essays in the application. Do the schools think that essays in the application could be written by someone else.
So lets have people write essays as part of their GMAT exam (which hopefully cannot be hoodwinked)...

That's what I mean. There's nothing stopping someone from paying someone else to write their application essays. Like I said, I've heard it has been a problem in the past. That and add in all the 'application consultants' these days that edit and revise essays and adcoms have no idea if the essay is actually written by you.

Thus, the AWA. The testing center takes your photo and checks your ID. You are the only person that could have written that essay. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it shows you can write an essay in english.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 18:51
Not really, they'll admit some R1 WLs in R2 also. But if you get WL'ed in R2, then you're waiting all the way to R3 decision date to know if you're in.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 10:23
1 week !!! :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 11:36
suchivuk wrote:
1 week !!! :-)

its going to be either :m16 OR :marriage
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 11:40
@suchivuk, what is your GMAT score?
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 16:12
Like i mentioned before "Not the best part of my application". Mid 600's. :-). Like i also said "Atleast based on what i believe, candidates should be provided an opportunity to interview with adcom. A direct conversation will show the depth and breadth of experience, personality (composure, communication, style, etc) and the true value one will bring to a highly diversified class of Haas". I hope and am confident that Haas will provide this opportunity to all candidates. Waitlisting without an interview is really not a qualitative way of filtering candidates out. My 2 cents. No interview still :-) !!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 16:19
suchivuk wrote:
Like i mentioned before "Not the best part of my application". Mid 600's. :-). Like i also said "Atleast based on what i believe, candidates should be provided an opportunity to interview with adcom. A direct conversation will show the depth and breadth of experience, personality (composure, communication, style, etc) and the true value one will bring to a highly diversified class of Haas". I hope and am confident that Haas will provide this opportunity to all candidates. Waitlisting without an interview is really not a qualitative way of filtering candidates out. My 2 cents. No interview still :-) !!

Well, you got in to Anderson. That's no small feat. You're still going to a top school. So, I wouldn't worry about it. If Haas wants you, great. If not, Anderson is pretty awesome.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 16:28
:-) They are both good. Based on location and the industry i come from, i prefer Haas. Let us see how it goes. :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 16:37
suchivuk wrote:
:-) They are both good. Based on location and the industry i come from, i prefer Haas. Let us see how it goes. :-)

Did you apply in R1?
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 16:42
speedingdaemon wrote:
suchivuk wrote:

Did you apply in R1?
Yup
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 16:46
suchivuk wrote:
speedingdaemon wrote:
suchivuk wrote:

Did you apply in R1?
Yup

Don't worry. They still have 3 more days to call you for an interview. Else they might just call you in R2.. :(
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 16:42
I know its unlikely, but has anyone heard of any admit calls?
When can we expect the actual calls to begin ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 17:23
ferrarifan2905 wrote:
I know its unlikely, but has anyone heard of any admit calls?
When can we expect the actual calls to begin ?

Expect a call no earlier than thursday.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 17:30
I see...last year I think folks started receiving calls 1-2 days earlier...so Wed - Thu could be it :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 17:54
ferrarifan2905 wrote:
I see...last year I think folks started receiving calls 1-2 days earlier...so Wed - Thu could be it :)

I wouldn't get your hopes up. They'll call when they call.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 10:40
@ calculas
I am in an identical situation: 1) I have a admit from UCLA and am waiting for Haas decision.
Couple of questions:
1. Did they ask for the admission letter as a proof?
2. Did they take a few days to process it or was it quick, coz I am thinking if they take few days then it doesn't really matter as they will declare the decision by Thu/Fri itself this week.

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 19:57
Hi guys,
I applied round 1 and haven't yet been invited to interview. Yesterday a current student sent me an email saying that the admissions office mentioned that I was applying and that he would be happy to answer any questions I may have about the program.

Has this happened to anyone? I have to admit I'm a bit surprised receiving this being that I haven't been asked to interview, and the decision date is this Friday.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q40 V42
GPA: 3.98
WE: Accounting (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 20:17
plus2013 wrote:
Hi guys,
I applied round 1 and haven't yet been invited to interview. Yesterday a current student sent me an email saying that the admissions office mentioned that I was applying and that he would be happy to answer any questions I may have about the program.

Has this happened to anyone? I have to admit I'm a bit surprised receiving this being that I haven't been asked to interview, and the decision date is this Friday.

I received an email like that a couple of weeks ago. I actually sent an email back to the student right away asking what times would be best for his schedule to chat and he never emailed me back. It was kinda strange.

I still haven't been invited to interview yet either.
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 20:26
Hey -
I think I read on last year's thread about a similar situation where the folks were waitlisted and/or invited to interview w R2 applicants...
Do you mind sharing your profile....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 03:51
calstevej wrote:
plus2013 wrote:
Hi guys,

I received an email like that a couple of weeks ago. I actually sent an email back to the student right away asking what times would be best for his schedule to chat and he never emailed me back. It was kinda strange.

I still haven't been invited to interview yet either.

Funny enough, I got the exact same email last week and had absolutely no response.
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2013, 03:51