Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Feb 2016, 10:30
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 6

Top 10 in overall
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 12:22
nairb86 wrote:
Maybe we all weren't accepted!

Heh, I doubt that. Out of the 30 or so people here, there should be at least one that gets a call.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 12:23
last year, out of the 750 applicants... 71 were on gmatclub...
thats almost 10%...
this year, we have 50 applicants on gmatclub so far... that translates to 500 applicants (assuming 10%).. :)
which means they will interview 400 of them... (assuming 80%)..
which means we have 62.5% chance of getting in!!!

Oh wait... don't stop me from speculating sh*t! :)
I am already VERY nervous... and probably 1st time ever on a public forum!! :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 12:32
half past noon PST and no calls. This does seem like a prank - although I doubt anybody is in the mood...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Top 10 in overall
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 12:38
well, it's starting to look like we may have to wait until tomorrow. There's nothing saying they have to follow the pattern of last year.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Leadership
GRE 1: 353 Q168 V157
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 12:39
rajcooper wrote:
half past noon PST and no calls. This does seem like a prank - although I doubt anybody is in the mood...

good news always come later than expected. recall: university admission, job offer, funding deals, closing a mortgage, wedding proposal ... ...
So, everyone, keep the spirit high. Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Top 10 in overall
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 12:41
dvoraky wrote:
rajcooper wrote:

good news always come later than expected. recall: university admission, job offer, funding deals, closing a mortgage, wedding proposal ... ...
So, everyone, keep the spirit high. Good luck!

I hope it's not like closing my mortgage. They didn't fund it on the closing date and it had to be pushed back to the following monday ;-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 12:52
in any case, looks like it is indeed going to be tomorrow...
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 13:54
rajcooper wrote:
calculas wrote:
Hi Guys,

Haas gave me an early decision - I am waitlisted! (Read on for full story) ...

Per my conversation (and this might be helpful for the upcoming results next week) - Haas generally tends to under admit in R1 and put quite a few folks on waitlist to enable review the applications in R2 and R3 and then ultimately even everything out. R1 waitlist obviously has a lead over R2 applicant who in turn has a lead over R3 applicant. So the bottomline is, if you are admitted great! but you are waitlisted - it is not over yet!!

If you dont get a call on Jan 31st, you are either waitlisted or denied.

Good luck.

Calculas spoke to the adcom earlier this week, and he too mentioned Jan 31. But things change all the time, so you never know.

I know how nerve wrecking the wait can me. I got my call very late in the day, precisely at 4:42pm Mountain Time. Also the number will be 510-643-42**

Good luck everyone. There are a lot of smart people on this forum, I am sure you all will make it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 13:58
in your case, didn't you actually ask for the result beforehand?
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 14:13
speedingdaemon wrote:

Yes I did. I don't think they'd normally call waitlisters. I was just trying to give a data point for time of call :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 14:19
calculas wrote:
speedingdaemon wrote:

Yes I did. I don't think they'd normally call waitlisters. I was just trying to give a data point for time of call :)

When you spoke to them, did they actually mention that they were going to call admits on Jan 31?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Top 10 in overall
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 14:20
rajcooper wrote:
calculas wrote:
speedingdaemon wrote:

When you spoke to them, did they actually mention that they were going to call admits on Jan 31?

This late in the day, they're not going to start calling. It's going to be tomorrow. Relax tonight and try to take your mind off it. We get to wait.
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 14:24
rajcooper wrote:
calculas wrote:
speedingdaemon wrote:

Hi rajcooper - Nope I didn't ask that question and neither did they say any such thing. My previous statement was based on talking with a lot of current EWMBA students, last year's forum and how the schools generally operate (I know UCLA and Kellogg do).

So being optimistic, lets hope, they didn't have time to call today or they changed their policy since there were just too many calls to make :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 14:45
calculas wrote:
Hi rajcooper - Nope I didn't ask that question and neither did they say any such thing. My previous statement was based on talking with a lot of current EWMBA students, last year's forum and how the schools generally operate (I know UCLA and Kellogg do).

So being optimistic, lets hope, they didn't have time to call today or they changed their policy since there were just too many calls to make :)

Thanks for clarifying that. In that case, it is settled that today was a bust.

I actually prefer that they make calls tomorrow. That way - in case you don't get a call, you don't have to wait one agonizing night to find out if you're waitlisted/dinged or they just forgot to call you.

On to tomorrow now!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 14:48
calculas wrote:

Well...I have been a regular visitor to this forum but this is my first post! This tension is killing me..so am joining in to get over the anxiety! :?
I was thinking that maybe they do not have enough calls to make so will wait for tomorrow...but I like calculus' optimism/alternate hypothesis that they have too many calls to make! :wink:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 14:57
yembeeaye wrote:
Well...I have been a regular visitor to this forum but this is my first post! This tension is killing me..so am joining in to get over the anxiety! :?
I was thinking that maybe they do not have enough calls to make so will wait for tomorrow...but I like calculus' optimism/alternate hypothesis that they have too many calls to make! :wink:

what is your profile? Can you please add yourself to the list of applicants to Haas? I think you need to edit your profile or something. You can get that information when you visit the 1st page of this thread....
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Leadership
GRE 1: 353 Q168 V157
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 15:08
yembeeaye wrote:
...but I like calculus' optimism/alternate hypothesis that they have too many calls to make! :wink:

Yes I especially liked this speculation. Good attitude. :)
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 15:09
Hmmm... When I look at Page 1 of this thread, out of 50 applicants, 1 is already Admitted! Not sure whether that's a mistake and also whether it existed before. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Top 10 in overall
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 15:25
Kenny0929 wrote:
Hmmm... When I look at Page 1 of this thread, out of 50 applicants, 1 is already Admitted! Not sure whether that's a mistake and also whether it existed before. :)

That was from the last round of admissions to last year's class.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Top 10 in overall
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 15:26
UGH. Call from a 510 number, disconnected after the first ring.
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 31 Jan 2013, 15:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  75    Next  [ 1481 posts ]