Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 22:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 271
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 12:02
Does anyone out here know how will the waitlisted candidates be evaluated?
Will they be offered admission from seats left after offering admissions to R2 candidates?
Or will all the waitlisted folks be given equal opportunity to compete with the R2 pool for all the available seats?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 12:03
suchivuk wrote:
Unable to offer admission. Good that i applied to Anderson :-) . I look forward to the FEMBA program. Good luck to everyone here in your professional paths. At the end of the day, they are both fantastic univ's and making the best use of their resources will fetch rewarding careers.

One last thing - Go 49'rs. :-) :-)


Good luck at Anderson. Like I said previously, it's a fantastic school and the students there are nothing but friendly.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2011
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 12:42
divinity911 wrote:
Just checked status and denied :cry:

GMAT: 710
GPA: 3.3
Top UC Engineering Program
Worked as software engineering for 5 years


I have similar profile and got denied as well.
Being a male engineer (especially in a big company) is a significant disadvantage for applying to Haas.
The bay area has too many engineers.
I hope to get some useful feedback from Haas over the summer and interview with a better interviewer next time.
I was unimpressed by my interviewer; she was dull and moody to say the least.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 271
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 12:43
MPeace wrote:
divinity911 wrote:
Just checked status and denied :cry:

GMAT: 710
GPA: 3.3
Top UC Engineering Program
Worked as software engineering for 5 years


I have similar profile and got denied as well.
Being a male engineer (especially in a big company) is a significant disadvantage for applying to Haas.
The bay area has too many engineers.
I hope to get some useful feedback from Haas over the summer and interview with a better interviewer next time.
I was unimpressed by my interviewer; she was dull and moody to say the least.


Can you please share his/her name?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 12:54
Wait listed
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2011
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 12:57
speedingdaemon wrote:
MPeace wrote:
divinity911 wrote:
Just checked status and denied :cry:

GMAT: 710
GPA: 3.3
Top UC Engineering Program
Worked as software engineering for 5 years


I have similar profile and got denied as well.
Being a male engineer (especially in a big company) is a significant disadvantage for applying to Haas.
The bay area has too many engineers.
I hope to get some useful feedback from Haas over the summer and interview with a better interviewer next time.
I was unimpressed by my interviewer; she was dull and moody to say the least.


Can you please share his/her name?


Sorry, I prefer not to share her name because I think criticizing someone and revealing the name in public is unprofessional. :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 13:04
Yea. I think pretty much if you are not in management position, it's very difficult to get in as an engineering. I had some good entrepreneurial background as well, but that apparently didn't help.

MPeace wrote:
divinity911 wrote:
Just checked status and denied :cry:

GMAT: 710
GPA: 3.3
Top UC Engineering Program
Worked as software engineering for 5 years


I have similar profile and got denied as well.
Being a male engineer (especially in a big company) is a significant disadvantage for applying to Haas.
The bay area has too many engineers.
I hope to get some useful feedback from Haas over the summer and interview with a better interviewer next time.
I was unimpressed by my interviewer; she was dull and moody to say the least.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 15:15
I'm wait listed. But we get to submit new information. Here's to hoping for good things in March!

Also, I set up a call with the student that emailed me. Admissions just gave him a few names to reach out to if they had questions. I'm not sure if there's too much to read into that.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Posts: 7
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 670 Q40 V42
GPA: 3.98
WE: Accounting (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 14:30
plus2013 wrote:
I'm wait listed. But we get to submit new information. Here's to hoping for good things in March!

Also, I set up a call with the student that emailed me. Admissions just gave him a few names to reach out to if they had questions. I'm not sure if there's too much to read into that.



I was waitlisted too. Two more months of, well, waiting... Here's to March!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 17:16
calstevej wrote:
plus2013 wrote:
I'm wait listed. But we get to submit new information. Here's to hoping for good things in March!

Also, I set up a call with the student that emailed me. Admissions just gave him a few names to reach out to if they had questions. I'm not sure if there's too much to read into that.



I was waitlisted too. Two more months of, well, waiting... Here's to March!


plus2013 & calsteve: If you guys have not seen this yet, there is a thread for all waitlisted candidates:
haas-uc-berkeley-ewmba-2013-waitlist-146635.html

Could you please update that thread with your respective profiles? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Status: It Ain't over 'til It's Over
Joined: 29 Dec 2010
Posts: 12
Location: California.
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 19:19
Fellow Haaspirers!!! I have my interview coming up on Tuesday, Feb 5th.Wish me all the best.

GO 49ERS :gl
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 23:38
fremont wrote:
Fellow Haaspirers!!! I have my interview coming up on Tuesday, Feb 5th.Wish me all the best.

GO 49ERS :gl


Good luck fremont. What's your profile?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Mar 2011
Posts: 7
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 09:21
Hey all, I've got a question regarding interview invites. I had received an visitation day invitation a few weeks back, as a number of others on here did it seems, and in it they said it would also provide an opportunity to interview. However, I recently received another email regarding 'next steps', and it said they would begin inviting candidates to interview. Is it safe to assume that the initial email about the invitation to visitation day was not a formal invite for an interview? So the invite to visit doesn't necessarily mean I've been invited to interview?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 15:12
Visitation day isn't the interview. When you get invited to interview it will have a link to schedule a time slot.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 66
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 09:44
Anybody here doing a class visit on Feb 23rd?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Mar 2011
Posts: 7
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 13:14
calculas wrote:
Anybody here doing a class visit on Feb 23rd?

I'll be there, calc. And hopefully I'll have my interview then, too. Do you know if we'll have a choice of what class to attend?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Schools: Haas EWMBA '16
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 21:59
Hi,
I just joined GMATClub.
Congratulations to those who've been admitted!

Haven't had a chance yet to scour all the posts but this seems like an active thread.

I applied in R2 and I've been invited to an interview. Any tips on how to go about preparing for the interview? What questions to expect?, etc..

Cheers!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 23:34
mutemath83 wrote:
Hi,
I just joined GMATClub.
Congratulations to those who've been admitted!

Haven't had a chance yet to scour all the posts but this seems like an active thread.

I applied in R2 and I've been invited to an interview. Any tips on how to go about preparing for the interview? What questions to expect?, etc..

Cheers!


Be yourself. Unless, of course, being yourself is uncool. Then, don't be yourself. Hope that helped.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 66
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 07:37
NixHex wrote:
calculas wrote:
Anybody here doing a class visit on Feb 23rd?

I'll be there, calc. And hopefully I'll have my interview then, too. Do you know if we'll have a choice of what class to attend?



I think there is only 1 class available for visit that day. Lets sync-up as we get closer to the day.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 09:38
1
This post received
KUDOS
My advise :
Know your resume, your switches and highlight your career progression.
and be relaxed, the interview is quite conversational.

Hope this helps.

mutemath83 wrote:
Hi,
I just joined GMATClub.
Congratulations to those who've been admitted!

Haven't had a chance yet to scour all the posts but this seems like an active thread.

I applied in R2 and I've been invited to an interview. Any tips on how to go about preparing for the interview? What questions to expect?, etc..

Cheers!
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2013, 09:38
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
101 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants Kenny0929 1480 27 Nov 2012, 20:21
11 Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist dvoraky 243 01 Feb 2013, 11:43
188 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants MALD2011 977 26 Jun 2012, 05:28
Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! suntaurian 5 30 Mar 2009, 11:50
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  75    Next  [ 1481 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.