Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 20:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 09:12
1
This post received
KUDOS
amylicious73 wrote:
@kris610: Not yet - I'm still impatiently eagerly awaiting my interview invite :)



@amylicious73 Hang in there. The decision date is more than a month away. I'm sure you will get invited. Use the time to know yourself better. Trust me, the more you know about yourself the better you will do in the interview.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 21:00
1
This post received
KUDOS
kris610 wrote:
amylicious73 wrote:
@kris610: Not yet - I'm still impatiently eagerly awaiting my interview invite :)



@amylicious73 Hang in there. The decision date is more than a month away. I'm sure you will get invited. Use the time to know yourself better. Trust me, the more you know about yourself the better you will do in the interview.


More than anything, know why you want an MBA, specifically an MBA from Haas. Also, be able to explain why you have changed jobs. If you haven't, be able to explain why you've stayed at a company for as long as you have.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 27
Location: United States
GPA: 3.19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 10

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 13:58
Hi all!!! This is my first post. I have read every one of your posts and I appreciate how everyone is so helpful and supportive of each other!
It seems like the activities on this thread have slowed down a bit after R1 decision date. Any updates or is everyone already on the other thread? =)

I'm a R2 applicant and I have been interviewed a couple weeks ago.
Status: File Under Review.
Everything received.
Pre-req. for math and stats are both blank.

The anxiety has been killing me.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 14:49
jinj wrote:
Hi all!!! This is my first post. I have read every one of your posts and I appreciate how everyone is so helpful and supportive of each other!
It seems like the activities on this thread have slowed down a bit after R1 decision date. Any updates or is everyone already on the other thread? =)

I'm a R2 applicant and I have been interviewed a couple weeks ago.
Status: File Under Review.
Everything received.
Pre-req. for math and stats are both blank.

The anxiety has been killing me.



@jinj: :-). I guess you've done whatever you can. At this point, we just have to wait for another month. I guess you may see the status on your pre-req at some point in the next few weeks. Mine is blank as well.

My status says that I "should log back in closer to the decision date to check my status." Would have been nice if it said "We will call you once we get close to the decision date", but am guessing they don't say that for anyone. :-).

Good Luck!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 15:03
kris610 wrote:
jinj wrote:
Hi all!!! This is my first post. I have read every one of your posts and I appreciate how everyone is so helpful and supportive of each other!
It seems like the activities on this thread have slowed down a bit after R1 decision date. Any updates or is everyone already on the other thread? =)

I'm a R2 applicant and I have been interviewed a couple weeks ago.
Status: File Under Review.
Everything received.
Pre-req. for math and stats are both blank.

The anxiety has been killing me.



@jinj: :-). I guess you've done whatever you can. At this point, we just have to wait for another month. I guess you may see the status on your pre-req at some point in the next few weeks. Mine is blank as well.

My status says that I "should log back in closer to the decision date to check my status." Would have been nice if it said "We will call you once we get close to the decision date", but am guessing they don't say that for anyone. :-).

Good Luck!


Just interviewed on Visitation Day this past Saturday. I am really stoked about the school and hope I get the nod next month ;)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 27
Location: United States
GPA: 3.19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 10

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 15:21
kris610 wrote:
jinj wrote:
Hi all!!! This is my first post. I have read every one of your posts and I appreciate how everyone is so helpful and supportive of each other!
It seems like the activities on this thread have slowed down a bit after R1 decision date. Any updates or is everyone already on the other thread? =)

I'm a R2 applicant and I have been interviewed a couple weeks ago.
Status: File Under Review.
Everything received.
Pre-req. for math and stats are both blank.

The anxiety has been killing me.



@jinj: :-). I guess you've done whatever you can. At this point, we just have to wait for another month. I guess you may see the status on your pre-req at some point in the next few weeks. Mine is blank as well.

My status says that I "should log back in closer to the decision date to check my status." Would have been nice if it said "We will call you once we get close to the decision date", but am guessing they don't say that for anyone. :-).

Good Luck!



@kris610, wow that's a long status as opposed to the ones that have been posted here, but it's also generic enough to not disclose anything... sneaky. :wink:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 15:30
kris610 wrote:
My status says that I "should log back in closer to the decision date to check my status." Would have been nice if it said "We will call you once we get close to the decision date", but am guessing they don't say that for anyone. :-).

Good Luck!


Unfortunately, the only calls they do is one to notify those that have been admitted.

The status literally doesn't matter though. All you'll learn is what prereqs you'll need. If you haven't taken a stats course in the last 5 years, you'll either need to take a course or the waiver test. If you got a 48 or higher on the gmat math section, they won't make you take the math test.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 16:17
packet82 wrote:
kris610 wrote:
My status says that I "should log back in closer to the decision date to check my status." Would have been nice if it said "We will call you once we get close to the decision date", but am guessing they don't say that for anyone. :-).

Good Luck!


Unfortunately, the only calls they do is one to notify those that have been admitted.

The status literally doesn't matter though. All you'll learn is what prereqs you'll need. If you haven't taken a stats course in the last 5 years, you'll either need to take a course or the waiver test. If you got a 48 or higher on the gmat math section, they won't make you take the math test.


packet....how did you feel after your interview?
I felt really good after mine. The conversation was fluid, we joked and had a good dialog etc. but looking back I feel I could have highlighted my experience in certain areas such as leadership even more. I just felt I shouldn't repeat stuff which was already in the application and resume so stayed away from it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 17:11
riskall wrote:
packet....how did you feel after your interview?
I felt really good after mine. The conversation was fluid, we joked and had a good dialog etc. but looking back I feel I could have highlighted my experience in certain areas such as leadership even more. I just felt I shouldn't repeat stuff which was already in the application and resume so stayed away from it.


It went pretty well (obviously). I had to do it via skype since I had to travel that week to LA for work and couldn't get back to SF in time. As with everyone, I over-analyzed my answers to a couple questions, but it was pretty lighthearted.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 17:15
packet82 wrote:
riskall wrote:
packet....how did you feel after your interview?
I felt really good after mine. The conversation was fluid, we joked and had a good dialog etc. but looking back I feel I could have highlighted my experience in certain areas such as leadership even more. I just felt I shouldn't repeat stuff which was already in the application and resume so stayed away from it.


It went pretty well (obviously). I had to do it via skype since I had to travel that week to LA for work and couldn't get back to SF in time. As with everyone, I over-analyzed my answers to a couple questions, but it was pretty lighthearted.


Dude....hope I can get in...I am assured of a study partner in Seattle that way :)
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 17:18
1
This post received
KUDOS
riskall wrote:
Dude....hope I can get in...I am assured of a study partner in Seattle that way :)


well, good luck. Now that I have a seat, I can truthfully say I'm rooting for all of you guys :-)

If you do get in, don't take the statistics class through Berkeley Extension. God that thing is worthless.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 16:38
Guys any suggestions for courses/colleges to fulfill the statistics pre-req?

In the chat session it was mentioned that Data decisions workshop will be advertised by Feb end, but Haas hasn't sent out any information about it.

Should taking a community college course suffice since it is way cheaper?

I remember bumping on a webpage in which Haas documented the list of approved Statistics courses around the bay area. I am not able to find it now.

Although I am not a big fan of online classes, Berkeley extension has an online course priced at about $800.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 16:40
MBACLASS2013 wrote:
Guys any suggestions for courses/colleges to fulfill the statistics pre-req?

In the chat session it was mentioned that Data decisions workshop will be advertised by Feb end, but Haas hasn't sent out any information about it.

Should taking a community college course suffice since it is way cheaper?

I remember bumping on a webpage in which Haas documented the list of approved Statistics courses around the bay area. I am not able to find it now.

Although I am not a big fan of online classes, Berkeley extension has an online course priced at about $800.


Whatever you do, do not take the Berkeley Extension course.

I paid the $800 for it and it was a gigantic waste of money. The entire course consists of making you buy a $100 textbook and assigning pages to read. There is absolutely no instruction, no feedback, nothing.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 17:21
MBACLASS2013 wrote:
Guys any suggestions for courses/colleges to fulfill the statistics pre-req?

In the chat session it was mentioned that Data decisions workshop will be advertised by Feb end, but Haas hasn't sent out any information about it.

Should taking a community college course suffice since it is way cheaper?

I remember bumping on a webpage in which Haas documented the list of approved Statistics courses around the bay area. I am not able to find it now.

Although I am not a big fan of online classes, Berkeley extension has an online course priced at about $800.


If you do live in the bay area, I heard that "Foothill College" is pretty good.. A friend of mine who graduated from Haas a while ago did his Statistics pre-req there.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 17:31
Thank you guys... I am planning on taking a waiver exam and a community course side by side. Whichever clicks first :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 17:53
Berkeley also has videos of a statistics class available on itunes for free:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/st ... d354822870
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Posts: 7
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 670 Q40 V42
GPA: 3.98
WE: Accounting (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 20:02
Hey guys,

I interviewed last Friday on campus. I thought it went really well. No surprises. All the basic questions that others have posted on here before were what I got asked and I felt well prepared.

Now it's just a waiting game. :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 18
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 11:00
My interview lasted less than 30 mins and felt I was rushing. In retrospect, it sounded rehearsed and could not convey why me or why haas well. I felt awful after the interview :cry:

Did anybody else feel the same way?
Just 4 more weeks before the D date..
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 12:59
2013EWMBA wrote:
My interview lasted less than 30 mins and felt I was rushing. In retrospect, it sounded rehearsed and could not convey why me or why haas well. I felt awful after the interview :cry:

Did anybody else feel the same way?
Just 4 more weeks before the D date..


I felt great after the interview but looking back now I feel like I did not make all the points I could about my profile. I definitely feel that my interview was fairly spontaneous but I have been second guessing myself on pretty much everything I said. Bottom line...what is done is done. I am sure you did well. Just keep your spirits up and it will work out :).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 18
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 13:55
Since I kind of knew what questions to expect and was prepared for all those gotcha questions as well, there was no room for spontaneity. That is bugging me now. I wish I had not prepared so much for the interview :(

It is a done deal now..
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 27 Feb 2013, 13:55
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
101 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants Kenny0929 1480 27 Nov 2012, 20:21
11 Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist dvoraky 243 01 Feb 2013, 11:43
188 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants MALD2011 977 26 Jun 2012, 05:28
Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! suntaurian 5 30 Mar 2009, 11:50
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  75    Next  [ 1481 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.