Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 00:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Mar 2011
Posts: 7
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 12:34
riskall wrote:
packet82 wrote:
kris610 wrote:
My status says that I "should log back in closer to the decision date to check my status." Would have been nice if it said "We will call you once we get close to the decision date", but am guessing they don't say that for anyone. :-).

Good Luck!


Unfortunately, the only calls they do is one to notify those that have been admitted.

The status literally doesn't matter though. All you'll learn is what prereqs you'll need. If you haven't taken a stats course in the last 5 years, you'll either need to take a course or the waiver test. If you got a 48 or higher on the gmat math section, they won't make you take the math test.


packet....how did you feel after your interview?
I felt really good after mine. The conversation was fluid, we joked and had a good dialog etc. but looking back I feel I could have highlighted my experience in certain areas such as leadership even more. I just felt I shouldn't repeat stuff which was already in the application and resume so stayed away from it.


I attended the visitation day this past weekend as well and I could have even met some of you, although, your backgrounds don't sound too familiar as to those I spoke with.

I felt great after my interview as well, and started even thinking I nailed it. But after I thought about it, I realized there were some things I wished I had mentioned. And now I'm second guessing myself so much, I'm wondering if that's how they want you to feel after the interview and that I really didn't nail it at all. Only thing left to do now is wait and second guess I suppose!

But it was a good time overall, met some great people and got to see the campus, which was really nice, aside from the construction at the bschool.
Good luck to all!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 12:51
NixHex wrote:
I attended the visitation day this past weekend as well and I could have even met some of you, although, your backgrounds don't sound too familiar as to those I spoke with.

I felt great after my interview as well, and started even thinking I nailed it. But after I thought about it, I realized there were some things I wished I had mentioned. And now I'm second guessing myself so much, I'm wondering if that's how they want you to feel after the interview and that I really didn't nail it at all. Only thing left to do now is wait and second guess I suppose!

But it was a good time overall, met some great people and got to see the campus, which was really nice, aside from the construction at the bschool.
Good luck to all!


Everyone goes through the same self doubt. As long as you got the motivation questions right and gave a coherent overview of your career path, you'll be fine.

Also, the construction is supposed to be finished in April. So, none of us will have to deal with it this fall.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 17:08
Hi all,
I am new to this thread.
Congrats to all who made it to the EWMBA program and good luck to all aspirants.
My profile is Male/Semiconductors/700/7yrs/R3.
I am preparing the essays and have the following questions

First - Are there only three essays this year? (2 short essays and 1 main essay)
Second - For essay no. 2
2. a. What are your short term (3 to 5 years) and long term (10 + years) career goals?
b. How have your professional and personal experiences prepared you to achieve these goals?
c. Describe your plan to meet these goals. (250-500 words)
Does it mean that each part has to be 250-500 words ?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 17:34
1
This post received
KUDOS
kalips wrote:
Hi all,
I am new to this thread.
Congrats to all who made it to the EWMBA program and good luck to all aspirants.
My profile is Male/Semiconductors/700/7yrs/R3.
I am preparing the essays and have the following questions

First - Are there only three essays this year? (2 short essays and 1 main essay)
Second - For essay no. 2
2. a. What are your short term (3 to 5 years) and long term (10 + years) career goals?
b. How have your professional and personal experiences prepared you to achieve these goals?
c. Describe your plan to meet these goals. (250-500 words)
Does it mean that each part has to be 250-500 words ?


Hi Kalips,

The essay requirement for Fall 2013 is as follows:

Fall 2013 Short Answer Essay Questions
1. At Berkeley-Haas, the following four Defining Principles describe our unique culture and are exemplified in our student body. Please list one of the following principles and give a specific example(s) of how you have exemplified this in your life. (250-500 words) Please refer to the Haas website for more detailed descriptions of these Defining Principles:

A. Question the Status Quo
B. Confidence Without Attitude
C. Students Always
D. Beyond Yourself

2. a. What are your short term (3 to 5 years) and long term (10 + years) career goals? b. How have your professional and personal experiences prepared you to achieve these goals? c. Describe your plan to meet these goals. (250-500 words)

Fall 2013 Main Essay Question
Please tell us about yourself and your background. The goal of this essay is to get a sense of who you are, rather than what you have achieved professionally. You may include information about your family, where you grew up, your interests, or any other people or experiences that have influenced you. (1,000 word maximum)

The ENTIRE goals essay should be 250-500 words total, not each part. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 13:31
packet82 wrote:
NixHex wrote:
I attended the visitation day this past weekend as well and I could have even met some of you, although, your backgrounds don't sound too familiar as to those I spoke with.

I felt great after my interview as well, and started even thinking I nailed it. But after I thought about it, I realized there were some things I wished I had mentioned. And now I'm second guessing myself so much, I'm wondering if that's how they want you to feel after the interview and that I really didn't nail it at all. Only thing left to do now is wait and second guess I suppose!

But it was a good time overall, met some great people and got to see the campus, which was really nice, aside from the construction at the bschool.
Good luck to all!


Everyone goes through the same self doubt. As long as you got the motivation questions right and gave a coherent overview of your career path, you'll be fine.

Also, the construction is supposed to be finished in April. So, none of us will have to deal with it this fall.


Same here, I did the visitation day and it was a fantastic experience....even the 3 hour accounting class was so much fun. Imagining myself sitting in the room but the second guessing about my interview response is killing me. I need to find some other distractions.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 16:03
HCITGAL wrote:
packet82 wrote:
NixHex wrote:
I attended the visitation day this past weekend as well and I could have even met some of you, although, your backgrounds don't sound too familiar as to those I spoke with.

I felt great after my interview as well, and started even thinking I nailed it. But after I thought about it, I realized there were some things I wished I had mentioned. And now I'm second guessing myself so much, I'm wondering if that's how they want you to feel after the interview and that I really didn't nail it at all. Only thing left to do now is wait and second guess I suppose!

But it was a good time overall, met some great people and got to see the campus, which was really nice, aside from the construction at the bschool.
Good luck to all!


Everyone goes through the same self doubt. As long as you got the motivation questions right and gave a coherent overview of your career path, you'll be fine.

Also, the construction is supposed to be finished in April. So, none of us will have to deal with it this fall.


Same here, I did the visitation day and it was a fantastic experience....even the 3 hour accounting class was so much fun. Imagining myself sitting in the room but the second guessing about my interview response is killing me. I need to find some other distractions.


I thought everyone was in the strategic brand management class on visitation day?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 16:06
riskall wrote:
I thought everyone was in the strategic brand management class on visitation day?


Funny enough, that was the class I visited back in September.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 16:18
packet82 wrote:
riskall wrote:
I thought everyone was in the strategic brand management class on visitation day?


Funny enough, that was the class I visited back in September.


yeah it was a lotta fun....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2012
Posts: 5
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 16:28
riskall wrote:

I thought everyone was in the strategic brand management class on visitation day?



There were 2 batches on saturday as far as i know. One batch had interviews in the morning & the other batch had class visit. They just swapped in the after noon session.

Morning class was "Game Theory". It was a lot of fun.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2012
Posts: 11
GPA: 3.37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 15:54
did you guys get the email about "Spring Data & Decisions Workshop Update‏"?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 16:37
emomento wrote:
did you guys get the email about "Spring Data & Decisions Workshop Update‏"?


Yeah, wish I had known the details before I signed up for the Berkeley Extension course. Oh well.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Posts: 5
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 16:51
emomento wrote:
did you guys get the email about "Spring Data & Decisions Workshop Update‏"?

$1000~

I'm not sure whether to take it or just take a course in DeAnza
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 19:08
emagic wrote:
emomento wrote:
did you guys get the email about "Spring Data & Decisions Workshop Update‏"?

$1000~

I'm not sure whether to take it or just take a course in DeAnza


I am guessing this isn't sent out to only those people who are going to be admitted in R2?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 19:11
riskall wrote:
emagic wrote:
emomento wrote:
did you guys get the email about "Spring Data & Decisions Workshop Update‏"?

$1000~

I'm not sure whether to take it or just take a course in DeAnza


I am guessing this isn't sent out to only those people who are going to be admitted in R2?



I too got an email today regarding DDW. I will try to pass waiver exam before that, I might save $1000. I am on WL :P
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 19:56
riskall wrote:
I am guessing this isn't sent out to only those people who are going to be admitted in R2?


I don't think they will give away the admitted student list that easily. :) I think you shouldn't read between the lines.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 73
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 23:10
Kenny0929 wrote:
riskall wrote:
I am guessing this isn't sent out to only those people who are going to be admitted in R2?


I don't think they will give away the admitted student list that easily. :) I think you shouldn't read between the lines.


Should have added a *wink* after my question :)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2008
Posts: 129
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2013, 19:40
riskall wrote:
emagic wrote:
emomento wrote:
did you guys get the email about "Spring Data & Decisions Workshop Update‏"?

$1000~

I am guessing this isn't sent out to only those people who are going to be admitted in R2?



I too got an email today regarding DDW. I will try to pass waiver exam before that, I might save $1000. I am on WL :P


You can take a stats class at a local community college and save yourself roughly $800. You will, however, be challenged considerably more in the workshop, as the community college classwork only covers a little over half of the material covered in the workshop. The additional classes focused on regression analysis and a couple of other concepts, which can be useful in your future MBA courses.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 35
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Retail)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 09:32
I’ve been following this page for a while, but this is my first post… I’m a Round 2 Applicant, and still waiting for an interview email…. This stress is killing me! …. Does anyone know if they give interviews to all applicants?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 09:33
mona6ix wrote:
I’ve been following this page for a while, but this is my first post… I’m a Round 2 Applicant, and still waiting for an interview email…. This stress is killing me! …. Does anyone know if they give interviews to all applicants?


No, they interview ~2/3 of the applicant pool.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 35
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Retail)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 09:44
packet82 wrote:
mona6ix wrote:
I’ve been following this page for a while, but this is my first post… I’m a Round 2 Applicant, and still waiting for an interview email…. This stress is killing me! …. Does anyone know if they give interviews to all applicants?


No, they interview ~2/3 of the applicant pool.


So you can get in without an interview?
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2013, 09:44
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
101 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants Kenny0929 1480 27 Nov 2012, 20:21
11 Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist dvoraky 243 01 Feb 2013, 11:43
188 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants MALD2011 977 26 Jun 2012, 05:28
Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! suntaurian 5 30 Mar 2009, 11:50
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  75    Next  [ 1481 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.