Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 10:44

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 17:11
riskall wrote:
packet....how did you feel after your interview?
I felt really good after mine. The conversation was fluid, we joked and had a good dialog etc. but looking back I feel I could have highlighted my experience in certain areas such as leadership even more. I just felt I shouldn't repeat stuff which was already in the application and resume so stayed away from it.

It went pretty well (obviously). I had to do it via skype since I had to travel that week to LA for work and couldn't get back to SF in time. As with everyone, I over-analyzed my answers to a couple questions, but it was pretty lighthearted.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 17:15
packet82 wrote:
riskall wrote:
I felt really good after mine. The conversation was fluid, we joked and had a good dialog etc. but looking back I feel I could have highlighted my experience in certain areas such as leadership even more. I just felt I shouldn't repeat stuff which was already in the application and resume so stayed away from it.

It went pretty well (obviously). I had to do it via skype since I had to travel that week to LA for work and couldn't get back to SF in time. As with everyone, I over-analyzed my answers to a couple questions, but it was pretty lighthearted.

Dude....hope I can get in...I am assured of a study partner in Seattle that way :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 16:38
Guys any suggestions for courses/colleges to fulfill the statistics pre-req?

In the chat session it was mentioned that Data decisions workshop will be advertised by Feb end, but Haas hasn't sent out any information about it.

Should taking a community college course suffice since it is way cheaper?

I remember bumping on a webpage in which Haas documented the list of approved Statistics courses around the bay area. I am not able to find it now.

Although I am not a big fan of online classes, Berkeley extension has an online course priced at about $800.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 16:40
MBACLASS2013 wrote:

In the chat session it was mentioned that Data decisions workshop will be advertised by Feb end, but Haas hasn't sent out any information about it.

I remember bumping on a webpage in which Haas documented the list of approved Statistics courses around the bay area. I am not able to find it now.

Although I am not a big fan of online classes, Berkeley extension has an online course priced at about $800.

Whatever you do, do not take the Berkeley Extension course.

I paid the $800 for it and it was a gigantic waste of money. The entire course consists of making you buy a $100 textbook and assigning pages to read. There is absolutely no instruction, no feedback, nothing.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 17:21
MBACLASS2013 wrote:

If you do live in the bay area, I heard that "Foothill College" is pretty good.. A friend of mine who graduated from Haas a while ago did his Statistics pre-req there.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 17:31
Thank you guys... I am planning on taking a waiver exam and a community course side by side. Whichever clicks first :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 17:53
Berkeley also has videos of a statistics class available on itunes for free:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/st ... d354822870
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q40 V42
GPA: 3.98
WE: Accounting (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 20:02
Hey guys,

I interviewed last Friday on campus. I thought it went really well. No surprises. All the basic questions that others have posted on here before were what I got asked and I felt well prepared.

Now it's just a waiting game. :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 11:00
My interview lasted less than 30 mins and felt I was rushing. In retrospect, it sounded rehearsed and could not convey why me or why haas well. I felt awful after the interview :cry:

Did anybody else feel the same way?
Just 4 more weeks before the D date..
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 12:59
2013EWMBA wrote:
My interview lasted less than 30 mins and felt I was rushing. In retrospect, it sounded rehearsed and could not convey why me or why haas well. I felt awful after the interview :cry:

Did anybody else feel the same way?
Just 4 more weeks before the D date..

I felt great after the interview but looking back now I feel like I did not make all the points I could about my profile. I definitely feel that my interview was fairly spontaneous but I have been second guessing myself on pretty much everything I said. Bottom line...what is done is done. I am sure you did well. Just keep your spirits up and it will work out :).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 13:55
Since I kind of knew what questions to expect and was prepared for all those gotcha questions as well, there was no room for spontaneity. That is bugging me now. I wish I had not prepared so much for the interview :(

It is a done deal now..
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
WE: Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 12:34
riskall wrote:
packet82 wrote:
kris610 wrote:
My status says that I "should log back in closer to the decision date to check my status." Would have been nice if it said "We will call you once we get close to the decision date", but am guessing they don't say that for anyone. :-).

Good Luck!

Unfortunately, the only calls they do is one to notify those that have been admitted.

The status literally doesn't matter though. All you'll learn is what prereqs you'll need. If you haven't taken a stats course in the last 5 years, you'll either need to take a course or the waiver test. If you got a 48 or higher on the gmat math section, they won't make you take the math test.

I attended the visitation day this past weekend as well and I could have even met some of you, although, your backgrounds don't sound too familiar as to those I spoke with.

I felt great after my interview as well, and started even thinking I nailed it. But after I thought about it, I realized there were some things I wished I had mentioned. And now I'm second guessing myself so much, I'm wondering if that's how they want you to feel after the interview and that I really didn't nail it at all. Only thing left to do now is wait and second guess I suppose!

But it was a good time overall, met some great people and got to see the campus, which was really nice, aside from the construction at the bschool.
Good luck to all!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 12:51
NixHex wrote:
I attended the visitation day this past weekend as well and I could have even met some of you, although, your backgrounds don't sound too familiar as to those I spoke with.

I felt great after my interview as well, and started even thinking I nailed it. But after I thought about it, I realized there were some things I wished I had mentioned. And now I'm second guessing myself so much, I'm wondering if that's how they want you to feel after the interview and that I really didn't nail it at all. Only thing left to do now is wait and second guess I suppose!

But it was a good time overall, met some great people and got to see the campus, which was really nice, aside from the construction at the bschool.
Good luck to all!

Everyone goes through the same self doubt. As long as you got the motivation questions right and gave a coherent overview of your career path, you'll be fine.

Also, the construction is supposed to be finished in April. So, none of us will have to deal with it this fall.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 17:08
Hi all,
I am new to this thread.
Congrats to all who made it to the EWMBA program and good luck to all aspirants.
My profile is Male/Semiconductors/700/7yrs/R3.
I am preparing the essays and have the following questions

First - Are there only three essays this year? (2 short essays and 1 main essay)
Second - For essay no. 2
2. a. What are your short term (3 to 5 years) and long term (10 + years) career goals?
b. How have your professional and personal experiences prepared you to achieve these goals?
c. Describe your plan to meet these goals. (250-500 words)
Does it mean that each part has to be 250-500 words ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V36

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 13:31
packet82 wrote:
NixHex wrote:

Good luck to all!

Everyone goes through the same self doubt. As long as you got the motivation questions right and gave a coherent overview of your career path, you'll be fine.

Also, the construction is supposed to be finished in April. So, none of us will have to deal with it this fall.

Same here, I did the visitation day and it was a fantastic experience....even the 3 hour accounting class was so much fun. Imagining myself sitting in the room but the second guessing about my interview response is killing me. I need to find some other distractions.
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 16:03
HCITGAL wrote:
packet82 wrote:
NixHex wrote:

Good luck to all!

Same here, I did the visitation day and it was a fantastic experience....even the 3 hour accounting class was so much fun. Imagining myself sitting in the room but the second guessing about my interview response is killing me. I need to find some other distractions.

I thought everyone was in the strategic brand management class on visitation day?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 16:06
riskall wrote:
I thought everyone was in the strategic brand management class on visitation day?

Funny enough, that was the class I visited back in September.
Current Student

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 16:18
packet82 wrote:
riskall wrote:

Funny enough, that was the class I visited back in September.

yeah it was a lotta fun....
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 16:28
riskall wrote:

There were 2 batches on saturday as far as i know. One batch had interviews in the morning & the other batch had class visit. They just swapped in the after noon session.

Morning class was "Game Theory". It was a lot of fun.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.37

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 15:54
did you guys get the email about "Spring Data & Decisions Workshop Update‏"?
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 08 Mar 2013, 15:54