Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Ok this was a total surprise to me also! but I got a call from the school at about 4:30pm PST this evening to tell me that I am still on the waitlist :( - next round of results are sometime in May.

Although I am not surprised with my continuation on the WL (I have a very low GMAT) but based on my lengthy conversation, I can tell you most of you (700+ scores) on the WL from R1 will make it through. Hang in there.

Anyone else got a call today?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
calculas wrote:
Ok this was a total surprise to me also! but I got a call from the school at about 4:30pm PST this evening to tell me that I am still on the waitlist :( - next round of results are sometime in May.

Although I am not surprised with my continuation on the WL (I have a very low GMAT) but based on my lengthy conversation, I can tell you most of you (700+ scores) on the WL from R1 will make it through. Hang in there.

I told you guys I have a feeling result might come tomorrow because next week is spring break. I did not get any call today and no one else reported an admit/waitlist till now except calculus.

Weird that only one person is reporting a call.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
calculas wrote:

Meanwhile calculus hang in there... WL is better than the D word ... !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
calculas wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Where else have you applied?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
packet82 wrote:
calculas wrote:

I have an admit from UCLA and Booth.

I doubt they will release anything before 27th, and only admits will get a call on 27th rest of us will have to wait for the email on 28th. Mine is indeed weird, I wasn't expecting anything, I was caught off-guard. Yes I will take WL any day over the D word :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
Kudos
Calculas,

So, they called you because they knew that you had an admit from UCLA & Booth? Did you have a deposit deadline or something? It's weird that they call only you and no one else. :-)

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
calculas wrote:

I doubt they will release anything before 27th, and only admits will get a call on 27th rest of us will have to wait for the email on 28th. Mine is indeed weird, I wasn't expecting anything, I was caught off-guard. Yes I will take WL any day over the D word :)

Well, those are two other excellent options. Either way, you're going to get a good education.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
calculas wrote:
packet82 wrote:
calculas wrote:

i'm a bit of an econ buff, so I think booth is absolutely amazing -- congratulations on that admit, i had no idea! Too bad doing part-time there from san jose would be incredibly difficult not to mention the alumni network / brand may not be as strong for bay area.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
pinchharmonic wrote:
i'm a bit of an econ buff, so I think booth is absolutely amazing -- congratulations on that admit, i had no idea! Too bad doing part-time there from san jose would be incredibly difficult not to mention the alumni network / brand may not be as strong for bay area.

Yeah, Anderson and Haas have a lock on the best part time programs on the west coast. I came close to applying to Booth but the 4 hour flight from Seattle and 2 hour time change would have been too much to deal with.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
calculas wrote:

Calculas, why are you always the 1st one to know before the rest of us?! :)
Even in R1, you called them up and got your result much earlier than any of us...
By the way, when you say "I can tell you most of you (700+ scores) on the WL from R1 will make it through.", what is that based on?
You mean someone with exact 700 might not make it? Did the adcom tell you that you had a low GMAT over the phone when they told you about the WL?
Since when have they started calling people being WL'ed? Or did you call them and ask? I know you said that you got a call from them...
But we were all under the impression that they call only the ones with the admit and not the ones who are WL'ed...
Weird though... In any case, like I told you earlier, you have nothing to worry about, since you already have admits from 2 other great schools!
By the way, congrats on being WL'ed again instead of the D-word..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
calculas wrote:
packet82 wrote:
calculas wrote:

You got a call today, but you think that they will not release any admit decisions before 27th... Why dude? You could have told the adcoms to admit the rest of us! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hahahah

Trust me I took the call while shopping for grocery :) - I saw the 510 number and just picked it. I did not ask for any early decision, I did not call. I am sure they called a few more, possibly outside of this forum. We are a very small sampling here. But why me? - no clue guys.

Here are the reasons I got
- low gmat
- younger side of the pool
- less experience

Again all the above are relative!

Good luck guys, I am very positive most of you will make it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
calculas wrote:
Hahahah

Trust me I took the call while shopping for grocery :) - I saw the 510 number and just picked it. I did not ask for any early decision, I did not call. I am sure they called a few more, possibly outside of this forum. We are a very small sampling here. But why me? - no clue guys.

Here are the reasons I got
- low gmat
- younger side of the pool
- less experience

Again all the above are relative!

Good luck guys, I am very positive most of you will make it.

I believe since you asked for early decision during R1, they might have marked you and provided you an early decision with with those who asked for it during R2.
I see from your earlier post that you have:
GMAT 650
Experience 5+ years with 2 years as lead in hardware industry.

My profile is close to you with GMAT- 660 and 5+ years of experience in hardware/software. Based on the explanation you got from adcom, my chances to clear WL might be slim too although I have couple of entrepreneurial experience in consulting and non-profit/crowd-finance.

Keeping fingers crossed. It will be another week of anxiety.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 2.64
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
calculas wrote:

Hi Calulas,
Thanks for sharing. Would you mind sharing what they said about 700+ scorers and why you think that most will get in?

Thanks in advance.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
wow... so what does your application status show now? has it changed to "waitlist" again? or is it still "file under review"?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
has anyone else heard from the School?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
exmatts wrote:
calculas wrote:

Hi Calulas,
Thanks for sharing. Would you mind sharing what they said about 700+ scorers and why you think that most will get in?

Thanks in advance.

I felt that (and its a well known point) that getting a 700 (or more) gets you 1/3 the way. If you are waitlisted, I am assuming there is something interesting in your profile (and you are already 1/2 way there). So once the peer-to-peer comparisons start, it almost always boils down to GMAT and 700s on any given day have an edge over others (with exceptions ofcourse)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  75   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts