Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 13:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 3

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 20:21
1
This post received
KUDOS
11
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,

Haas EWMBA 2013



Add Your Name to the List

Haas EWMBA Applicant Summary (Real Time)


Quick Glance: GMAT Club vs. Latest Intake (Class of 2014)


Real Time App Tracker Feed




Detailed Applicant List:


GMAT Club's Real-time Admissions Statistics

Questions about this Roll Call?


--------------------------

I was wondering if anyone who has applied to Berkeley Haas EWMBA Round 1 already got an interview invite. It would be good to know when they start sending out invites.

Thanks!

Last edited by bb on 26 Mar 2013, 07:27, edited 7 times in total.
Rollcall Added
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2008
Posts: 129
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 21:05
Hi Kenny,

I'm not sure what date round 1 invites start going out, however, the admissions staff does interview virtually all prospective candidates (over 80% I think). Based solely on your GMAT score and GPA, as long as you submitted a quality application, I have no doubt that you'll receive an interview invite in the near future.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2012, 23:00
Thanks, GZR4DR. That sounds pretty encouraging. Looks like it's just going to be a waiting game.
Hope you are enjoying the program!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 21:14
Hi guys,

I got an interview invite on Nov 23 with some options to choose from first week of Dec.
I am waiting if some later dates open up.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 30
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 23

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 00:56
Hi,
I have a question about the prerequisites section in the Haas-application.

They say : "Applicants meet the prerequisite with one course in statistics within the last five years (fall 2008 to summer 2013)"

It’s been a while since I graduated (2007). So I don't meet that criteria.

Do students usually enroll in the "Haas Online Data and Decisions Workshop"? or is it more common to prepare and take the waiver exam?

Thanks!
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1742
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 691

Kudos [?]: 3039 [0], given: 890

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 22:58
Expert's post

Live Essay Writing Workshop, presented by Admissionado


Sigh. The MBA Application essays. Who thought it was a good idea to ask people to write 2000 words before they even get INTO school? Turns out, it doesn’t matter, because someone did… and now you have to come up with the most compelling and memorable essays about leadership that you can. And then do it again for every school you apply to.

It’s not easy, but this upcoming event should help. Submit your MBA Application essay to have an opportunity to have it reviewed for free by the team at Admissionado. Three essays will be selected, and if you are one of the lucky ones, you will have the opportunity to go through your essay with Phillip Herring (admissions expert and CBS MBA) in a live session. You will need to be OK with sharing your essay with attendees (don’t worry – we’ll keep your name/private info out of it), and available and online at the time of the event to chat it up with Phillip. Even if you aren’t selected, listen in, because there will still be plenty of essay advice to go around.

Submit your essay to lauren@admissionado.com by Monday, December 3. You will find out if you are selected by Wednesday, December 5. Then join the live event on Thursday, December 6 at 6pm PST. Register Now [FREE!]
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2008
Posts: 129
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 23:50
1
This post received
KUDOS
rohitbizschool wrote:
Hi,
I have a question about the prerequisites section in the Haas-application.

They say : "Applicants meet the prerequisite with one course in statistics within the last five years (fall 2008 to summer 2013)"

It’s been a while since I graduated (2007). So I don't meet that criteria.

Do students usually enroll in the "Haas Online Data and Decisions Workshop"? or is it more common to prepare and take the waiver exam?

Thanks!


I'd say it's a 50/50 split. Do note, you can take a statistics course at a community college to meet the admissions prerequisite. The community college route is considerably cheaper than the Data and Decisions Workshop, however, you will learn a lot more in the Data and Decisions course.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 19:21
I am scheduled for an interview for Dec second week and I am nervous :)

Has anyone already interviewed for EWMBA Fall 2013 R1?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 09:21
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hello,

I have been invited for interview
EWMBA - R1
Question: Do we know what % of applicants are typically invited to interview?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 30
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 23

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 14:20
HaasEWMBA2015 wrote:
rohitbizschool wrote:
Hi,
I have a question about the prerequisites section in the Haas-application.

They say : "Applicants meet the prerequisite with one course in statistics within the last five years (fall 2008 to summer 2013)"

It’s been a while since I graduated (2007). So I don't meet that criteria.

Do students usually enroll in the "Haas Online Data and Decisions Workshop"? or is it more common to prepare and take the waiver exam?

Thanks!


I'd say it's a 50/50 split. Do note, you can take a statistics course at a community college to meet the admissions prerequisite. The community college route is considerably cheaper than the Data and Decisions Workshop, however, you will learn a lot more in the Data and Decisions course.


Thanks! The application has a question about that. I'm not sure at this point if I'm gonna do a workshop or enroll into a community college.
Do you think it'd be ok if I say that I'd enroll into either the workshop or take the waiver?

And, do you happen to know how much it costs (workshop/community college+waiver exam)?

Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2008
Posts: 129
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 5

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 16:44
1
This post received
KUDOS
rohitbizschool wrote:
Thanks! The application has a question about that. I'm not sure at this point if I'm gonna do a workshop or enroll into a community college.
Do you think it'd be ok if I say that I'd enroll into either the workshop or take the waiver?

And, do you happen to know how much it costs (workshop/community college+waiver exam)?

Thanks!


Go ahead and put down whatever works best for you with regard to the waiver/statistics class. The Berkeley workshop was all inclusive at $1,000 (online or at Haas), a CC course will probably run $200 or so with the book, and the waiver exam is free. You can always attempt the waiver exam and take the class later if you don't pass. There is also a second general math prerequisite, however, that can be waived if you scored a 47 or above on the quant section of the GMAT (this was the case for the class of 2015).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 30
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 23

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2012, 17:42
HaasEWMBA2015 wrote:

Go ahead and put down whatever works best for you with regard to the waiver/statistics class. The Berkeley workshop was all inclusive at $1,000 (online or at Haas), a CC course will probably run $200 or so with the book, and the waiver exam is free. You can always attempt the waiver exam and take the class later if you don't pass. There is also a second general math prerequisite, however, that can be waived if you scored a 47 or above on the quant section of the GMAT (this was the case for the class of 2015).



Thanks!

- The app also asks "Indicate the percentage of financial sponsorship you expect your company will be providing.?"

Does answering the application in anyway affect the application? What is the purpose of asking this question?
I'm expecting some sponsorship from my company. I don't have a formal agreement yet. Should I state that?

- And when they ask for responsibilities/accomplishments for each role you've had in the company, is there a general guideline on how long it has to be? Do people write a handful of sentences or paragraphs?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 14:19
rohitbizschool wrote:
HaasEWMBA2015 wrote:

Go ahead and put down whatever works best for you with regard to the waiver/statistics class. The Berkeley workshop was all inclusive at $1,000 (online or at Haas), a CC course will probably run $200 or so with the book, and the waiver exam is free. You can always attempt the waiver exam and take the class later if you don't pass. There is also a second general math prerequisite, however, that can be waived if you scored a 47 or above on the quant section of the GMAT (this was the case for the class of 2015).



Thanks!

- The app also asks "Indicate the percentage of financial sponsorship you expect your company will be providing.?"

Does answering the application in anyway affect the application? What is the purpose of asking this question?
I'm expecting some sponsorship from my company. I don't have a formal agreement yet. Should I state that?

- And when they ask for responsibilities/accomplishments for each role you've had in the company, is there a general guideline on how long it has to be? Do people write a handful of sentences or paragraphs?


I highly doubt that will be used to determine if you get in or not. More likely they'll use it to determine need based aid packages and for their own tracking.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 09:22
hey everybody. anyone visit a class? go to an info session? how were your experiences?

-Round 1 applicant , currently scheduling my interview date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 09:25
pinchharmonic wrote:
hey everybody. anyone visit a class? go to an info session? how were your experiences?

-Round 1 applicant , currently scheduling my interview date


I did both. The students they had at the info session were clearly a bit nervous, but quite happy to tell you about their school. The adcom people were more than friendly and over all left me with the impression that they really cared about finding people that were a good fit for the school.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 09:46
packet82 wrote:
pinchharmonic wrote:
hey everybody. anyone visit a class? go to an info session? how were your experiences?

-Round 1 applicant , currently scheduling my interview date


I did both. The students they had at the info session were clearly a bit nervous, but quite happy to tell you about their school. The adcom people were more than friendly and over all left me with the impression that they really cared about finding people that were a good fit for the school.


thanks for the quick response. i'm going to visit the campus before my interview to build up some better familiarity with the program and the students.

does anyone know if the last known selectivity percentage for Haas EWMBA was 44% -- I think for students matriculating 2012? I got that number from one of the major sources. I find it hard to believe that the Haas program accepts nearly 1 in every 2 candidates?
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 427
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 10:04
1
This post received
KUDOS
pinchharmonic wrote:
thanks for the quick response. i'm going to visit the campus before my interview to build up some better familiarity with the program and the students.

does anyone know if the last known selectivity percentage for Haas EWMBA was 44% -- I think for students matriculating 2012? I got that number from one of the major sources. I find it hard to believe that the Haas program accepts nearly 1 in every 2 candidates?


Almost all of the part-time programs are like that. Chicago doesn't officially release their numbers, but from the numbers they did mention at an info session I went to, they're right around there too. It's because the bulk of the applicants to a part-time program come from the surrounding area. So, the applicant pool is much smaller and they apply to fewer programs. The caliber of student they let in is around the same though.

Haas says they interview roughly 2/3 of their applicant pool. So, assuming a 44% acceptance rate, you have a 66% chance of getting in if you got invited to an interview. Good luck. My interview is next week.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 17:28
packet82 wrote:
pinchharmonic wrote:
thanks for the quick response. i'm going to visit the campus before my interview to build up some better familiarity with the program and the students.

does anyone know if the last known selectivity percentage for Haas EWMBA was 44% -- I think for students matriculating 2012? I got that number from one of the major sources. I find it hard to believe that the Haas program accepts nearly 1 in every 2 candidates?


Almost all of the part-time programs are like that. Chicago doesn't officially release their numbers, but from the numbers they did mention at an info session I went to, they're right around there too. It's because the bulk of the applicants to a part-time program come from the surrounding area. So, the applicant pool is much smaller and they apply to fewer programs. The caliber of student they let in is around the same though.

Haas says they interview roughly 2/3 of their applicant pool. So, assuming a 44% acceptance rate, you have a 66% chance of getting in if you got invited to an interview. Good luck. My interview is next week.



thanks packet. I'll be scheduling mine probably a week after yours. Goodluck to you. Maybe I'll see you on campus later on.

as for the 44% acceptance, I fear it may not be 44% this year. I read an article that Haas has already received 10% more applications this year than last and if that trend maintains for the entire application period, then the acceptance rate will fall slightly. Apparently most of the new applicants are out of state and potentially out of the country.

Are you applying elsewhere? I also considered the Booth and Kellogg part-time programs.

What's your industry?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 19:10
pinchharmonic wrote:

I read an article that Haas has already received 10% more applications this year than last and if that trend maintains for the entire application period, then the acceptance rate will fall slightly.



Do you have a link handy? A cursory web search hasn't come up with anything.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 19:15
NateM wrote:
pinchharmonic wrote:

I read an article that Haas has already received 10% more applications this year than last and if that trend maintains for the entire application period, then the acceptance rate will fall slightly.



Do you have a link handy? A cursory web search hasn't come up with anything.


Hey Nate, took me more than once to find it again ironically... no clue why the URL says the opposite


http://www.dailycal.org/2012/09/19/haas ... lications/
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 04 Dec 2012, 19:15
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
101 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants Kenny0929 1480 27 Nov 2012, 20:21
11 Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist dvoraky 243 01 Feb 2013, 11:43
188 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants MALD2011 977 26 Jun 2012, 05:28
Calling all Berkeley Haas EWMBA 2009 applicants! suntaurian 5 30 Mar 2009, 11:50
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  75    Next  [ 1481 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.