Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 00:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 16:20
Kenny0929 wrote:
How many on the waitlist have started a Stats Class (be it in Community College or UC Berkeley Extension)? And how many are waiting for a decision first? :-D


I am studying from the UCB online class posted online on this forum. I will probably go for a shot at waiver exam. If I get in, I might take the workshop :P
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 271
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 16:23
how would it make sense without getting an admission offer first?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 16:39
speedingdaemon wrote:
how would it make sense without getting an admission offer first?


I know what you mean. However, I have an offer from UC Davis so anyhow it will help to cover my waiver reqs. Although I am hoping it gets used at Haas :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 17:03
speedingdaemon wrote:
how would it make sense without getting an admission offer first?


In case one doesn't get in, it still helps if he/she reapplies the following year. Gosh! I don't even want to think about reapplying - so much time has gone into this already. May be I am better off achieving whatever I want to achieve without an MBA! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 271
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 17:11
and without spending over $120k in getting it!
but i know for sure that if Haas calls any of us today and asks for a full fee payment upon admission... none of us will turn down the offer... :D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 271
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2013, 21:58
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 66
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 07:44
Say what ever guys, its a little disturbing to see some getting that email and some not getting it. I mean, it cant be an accident.
2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 271
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [2] , given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 09:29
2
This post received
KUDOS
calculas... please don't worry too much... there are a few of us who haven't received it....
in any case, that email about the workshop is not an admission/rejection email to the EWMBA program...
you have submitted additional material already... so don't worry about it now...
the results will be out in a couple of weeks anyways...
until then... as they say... "it ain't over until it's over!"..
you anyways should not worry too much... u have a UCLA admit... which i know quiet a few of us don't have...
so u are still in a better boat than many out here...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 66
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 14:09
speedingdaemon wrote:
calculas... please don't worry too much... there are a few of us who haven't received it....
in any case, that email about the workshop is not an admission/rejection email to the EWMBA program...
you have submitted additional material already... so don't worry about it now...
the results will be out in a couple of weeks anyways...
until then... as they say... "it ain't over until it's over!"..
you anyways should not worry too much... u have a UCLA admit... which i know quiet a few of us don't have...
so u are still in a better boat than many out here...



hahahaha
"baap baap hota hai, beta beta hota hai" ;)
(non-hindi speaking folks - sorry :) )
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 271
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 15:47
calculas wrote:
hahahaha
"baap baap hota hai, beta beta hota hai" ;)
(non-hindi speaking folks - sorry :) )


How is that related to this? :)
In anycase, glad to see that you are feeling better now... :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 18:30
Kenny0929 wrote:
speedingdaemon wrote:
how would it make sense without getting an admission offer first?


In case one doesn't get in, it still helps if he/she reapplies the following year. Gosh! I don't even want to think about reapplying - so much time has gone into this already. May be I am better off achieving whatever I want to achieve without an MBA! :)


Agreed it is almost 10 months since I started working towards the GMAT. For us wait-listed candidates it is harder as we also provide additional updates with a hope to get in !!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 271
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 09:22
I think being a waitlist from R1 gives the adcom an additional opportunity to know more about the candidate...
Qualities like patience, bouncing back when you are down, etc., can be easily gauged by waitlisting candidates in R1.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 11:42
speedingdaemon wrote:
I think being a waitlist from R1 gives the adcom an additional opportunity to know more about the candidate...
Qualities like patience, bouncing back when you are down, etc., can be easily gauged by waitlisting candidates in R1.


if that were the case, I'd be more optimistic. unfortunately however, I feel they just use the waitlist heavily so they can compare the largest # of applicants all at once... basically re-evaluating us with the same metrics they did in R1, but this time against the R2 folks.

in some ways that is more fair because the chances for each round become more equal, something they kept echoing at the info sessions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 271
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 17:09
pinchharmonic wrote:
speedingdaemon wrote:
I think being a waitlist from R1 gives the adcom an additional opportunity to know more about the candidate...
Qualities like patience, bouncing back when you are down, etc., can be easily gauged by waitlisting candidates in R1.


if that were the case, I'd be more optimistic. unfortunately however, I feel they just use the waitlist heavily so they can compare the largest # of applicants all at once... basically re-evaluating us with the same metrics they did in R1, but this time against the R2 folks.

in some ways that is more fair because the chances for each round become more equal, something they kept echoing at the info sessions.


Like they say that they don't judge you on just one aspect of the application, they do so holistically.
So I think its a bit of everything combined.
In any case, we are just going to speculate right up to 26th March! :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 19:36
Do you guys think the Adcom would have already selected admitted candidates for round 2 or they will wait till last week?
Are they still interviewing? Any idea?
I am just anxious after being WLd in R1! Another 12 days or so of anxiety.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 271
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:29
i would guess that the ones that they think are the best fit, would have been selected already...
but for a majority of us (asian-engineers), i think it will go down to the wire...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 12

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 13:57
speedingdaemon wrote:
i would guess that the ones that they think are the best fit, would have been selected already...
but for a majority of us (asian-engineers), i think it will go down to the wire...


my thoughts EXACTLY.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 271
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 08:02
by the way, i was reading the previous year's waitlist discussions and saw that the status for a few folks had changed from "waitlist" to "file under review".
has the status of anyone's application changed to "file under review"?
mine still says "waitlist"....
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 11:19
speedingdaemon wrote:
by the way, i was reading the previous year's waitlist discussions and saw that the status for a few folks had changed from "waitlist" to "file under review".
has the status of anyone's application changed to "file under review"?
mine still says "waitlist"....

Same here .. status says ... waitlist
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 12:24
speedingdaemon wrote:
by the way, i was reading the previous year's waitlist discussions and saw that the status for a few folks had changed from "waitlist" to "file under review".
has the status of anyone's application changed to "file under review"?
mine still says "waitlist"....


Same - says Waitlist!
Re: Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist   [#permalink] 17 Mar 2013, 12:24
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
11 Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist dvoraky 243 01 Feb 2013, 11:43
101 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Calling All Applicants Kenny0929 1480 27 Nov 2012, 20:21
188 Experts publish their posts in the topic Haas (UC Berkeley) 2013 - Calling All Applicants MALD2011 977 26 Jun 2012, 05:28
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Haas (UC Berkeley) EWMBA 2013 - Waitlist

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 244 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.