Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 20:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

hard choice, need advice!!!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

hard choice, need advice!!!!! [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2013, 14:34
Hi all, I'm admitted by two MSA programs and it's so hard for me to choose one, so I hope you can provide me some ideas, about which one to choose, about anything you know for these two programs, or about anything better for me to do in order to find a job. I'm an international student, so it's even much harder for me to find a job in the US
Here's my two choices: Tulane MACC (New Orleans) and Bentley MSA (Boston)

Tulane
pros: good b-school reputation, could probably find a job in other places in the US, such as Texas, California, or even in the north
cons: New Orleans is not quite a suitable city for me, and the job market in New Orleans, the economy, is definitely worse than in Boston

Bentley
pros: seems to good connection with Big4 in Boston, kind of specialize in Accounting, and in Boston I should say (I do love Boston)
cons: not so well-known outside Boston (I hardly believe that anybody from California, even the recuiter in CA, would hear about this school), and if (I mean, if) I cannot find a job in the US and wanna go back to my home country, that would be a disaster

both programs are quite flexible, which I like it, but both have their own pros and cons, so, really looking forward to your insights!

Any piece of info would be HIGHLY appreciated!!! Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: hard choice, need advice!!!!! [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 08:19
I went to school in Illinois. Classmates got an offer from Arizona, California and Atlanta. If you want a specific location find out if that location is hiring an bring that to the attention of the recruiter. When I recruited they told me to rank my top 3 offices I would like to work at

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: hard choice, need advice!!!!! [#permalink] New post 20 May 2013, 23:55
It's probably too late, but I'll reply anyway:

Where do you want to work? It feels like you don't know yourself, in which case go to the one that is better known, which is definitely Tulane. Bentley outranks Tulane, but neither school is high enough to qualify as an 'elite' accounting program. What seals the deal for me is the fact that Tulane has good career stats, and they're not extremely hard to find, which suggests they care a lot more about recruiting and probably make a better effort at it. Minimalist websites where good info is hard to find should be avoided, and Bentley seemed to be one of them.
Re: hard choice, need advice!!!!!   [#permalink] 20 May 2013, 23:55