Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 13:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations"

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Expert Post
61 KUDOS received
Math Expert
Followers: 3361

Kudos [?]: 24394 [61] , given: 2677

Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2010, 00:04
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions".

This is the third part of the tough questions with solutions, this time PS Probability and Combinations Questions.
DS questions at: 700-gmat-data-sufficiency-questions-with-explanations-100617.html
PS questions at: tough-problem-solving-questions-with-solutions-100858.html

Hope it helps.
Attachments

Probability and Combinations.doc [316 KiB]
Downloaded 7927 times

To download please login or register as a user

NEW TO MATH FORUM? PLEASE READ THIS: ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT!!!

PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 11 Rules for Posting!!!

RESOURCES: [GMAT MATH BOOK]; 1. Triangles; 2. Polygons; 3. Coordinate Geometry; 4. Factorials; 5. Circles; 6. Number Theory; 7. Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets; 9. PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders; 11. GMAT Prep Software Analysis NEW!!!; 12. SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) NEW!!!; 12. Tricky questions from previous years. NEW!!!;

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS ; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

What are GMAT Club Tests?
25 extra-hard Quant Tests

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Thread Master
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2011, 05:13
1 basic question though..are these questions relevant wrt the GMAT type questions or are these random questions that have interested you..
my question is primarily for Inequalities,700+ DS questions and P&C questions..

Thanks,
LC
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 610 Q45 V29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 34

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2011, 01:30
Awesome collection!! Thanks :)

Thanks,
GC24

Please click Kudos ,if my post helped you ;)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 03:33
The Question on Denise : Q. No.2
In my Opinion has a simpler solution than the one stated in the document.

We shall look at it in the following way :
P = {1- (Probability of getting that One right combination in the 75 trials) }

P = 1 -{ C(75,1) / C(4000,1) }
P = 157/160

Option C.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 08:37
Thanks. Great questions.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.08
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 104

Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 15:36
Thank you for this resource! Very helpful.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.7
WE: Account Management (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 4

Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 17:24
thank you... this is one of my weaker points on the GMAT. This will come in handy. Thanks again.

DETERMINED TO BREAK 700!!!

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 466 [0], given: 102

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 01:46
Expert's post
Bunuel wrote:
Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions".

This is the third part of the tough questions with solutions, this time PS Probability and Combinations Questions.
DS questions at: 700-gmat-data-sufficiency-questions-with-explanations-100617.html

Hope it helps.

Hi Bunuel,
This is an awesome collection man followed by great explanations...Kudos !

Could you please let me know whether there are any further CONSOLIDATED COLLECTION of questions in you sig.(although apparently I don't find any other consolidated one...) or anywhere in the forum (which have been reviewed by you/bb/walker or any other experts) on 'Probability and Combinations' especially for 700+ category ?

It would of great help if you kindly let me know whether any discussion on the followings are available in the forum or not (as referred in the GMAT Club Math book):
1.The Official Guide,Quantitative 2th Edition: PS #79; PS #160
2.The Official Guide, 11th Edition: DT #4; DT #7; PS #10; PS #64; PS #173; PS #217; PS #231; DS #82; DS #114;

As I don't have the OG11 and Quant OG 2,so please share the links,if any.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
Math Expert

Kudos [?]: 24394 [0], given: 2677

Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 03:48
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:
Bunuel wrote:

Hope it helps.

Hi Bunuel,

Could you please let me know whether there are any further CONSOLIDATED COLLECTION of questions in you sig.(although apparently I don't find any other consolidated one...) or anywhere in the forum (which have been reviewed by you/bb/walker or any other experts) on 'Probability and Combinations' especially for 700+ category ?

It would of great help if you kindly let me know whether any discussion on the followings are available in the forum or not (as referred in the GMAT Club Math book):
2.The Official Guide, 11th Edition: DT #4; DT #7; PS #10; PS #64; PS #173; PS #217; PS #231; DS #82; DS #114;

DS Question Directory by Topic and Difficulty: ds-question-directory-by-topic-difficulty-128728.html
PS Question Directory by Topic and Difficulty: gmat-ps-question-directory-by-topic-difficulty-127957.html

All OG13 questions with solutions: the-official-guide-quantitative-question-directory-143450.html

RESOURCES: [GMAT MATH BOOK]; 1. Triangles; 2. Polygons; 3. Coordinate Geometry; 4. Factorials; 5. Circles; 6. Number Theory; 7. Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets; 9. PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders; 11. GMAT Prep Software Analysis NEW!!!; 12. SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) NEW!!!; 12. Tricky questions from previous years. NEW!!!;

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS ; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 04:21
Expert's post
Bunuel wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Bunuel wrote:

Hope it helps.

Hi Bunuel,

DS Question Directory by Topic and Difficulty: ds-question-directory-by-topic-difficulty-128728.html
PS Question Directory by Topic and Difficulty: gmat-ps-question-directory-by-topic-difficulty-127957.html

All OG13 questions with solutions: the-official-guide-quantitative-question-directory-143450.html

Thanks bunuel..

Can you give any idea on the above highlighted part ?

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Expert Post
Math Expert

Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 04:26
Expert's post
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 09:59
Expert's post
Bunuel wrote:
I think that all these questions were already discussed on the forum, so you could try to search.

Bunuel,
Actually I don't have either of OG Quantitative 2th Edition or OG 11th Edition..So it's bit tough for me to search this individual question..Not only these but also all the questions(from these two books) referred by you/bb in GMAT Club Math book.

So,can you please let me know if there is any particular thread in the forum that contains the link to the discussions of ALL questions from OG Quantitative 2th Edition or OG 11th Edition..?

Much appreciate your reply.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 13

Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 09:00
Hello Bunuel, Appreciate your help so far. Do you have a similar list consolidated for Weighted Avg problem types?
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 10:08
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:
Bunuel wrote:
I think that all these questions were already discussed on the forum, so you could try to search.

Bunuel,
Actually I don't have either of OG Quantitative 2th Edition or OG 11th Edition..So it's bit tough for me to search this individual question..Not only these but also all the questions(from these two books) referred by you/bb in GMAT Club Math book.

So,can you please let me know if there is any particular thread in the forum that contains the link to the discussions of ALL questions from OG Quantitative 2th Edition or OG 11th Edition..?
Much appreciate your reply.

bb/Bunuel- any information on this guys?

Much appreciate your help.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 12:38
Thanks Bunuel! great job!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 141 [0], given: 70

Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2013, 05:03
Hi Bunuel, Please tag this forum with quantitative and Problem Solving. This will make the search on your valuable inputs easier.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 480 Q32 V25
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 44

Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 01:41
Bunuel wrote:
prashantbacchewar wrote:
Thanks Bunuel.

Is there any document which will explain me Probability and Combinatrics.?

Check Probability and Combinatorics chapters of Math Book:
math-probability-87244.html
math-combinatorics-87345.html

Hope it helps.

Hi banuel,

Is there any documents where concepts and approach methods of inequalities explained ? I am looking for it for a long time but haven't found one.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
kabilan.K

Kabilan.K
Kudos is a boost to participate actively and contribute more to the forum :)

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Math Expert

Kudos [?]: 24394 [1] , given: 2677

Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 01:43
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
kabilank87 wrote:
Bunuel wrote:
prashantbacchewar wrote:
Thanks Bunuel.

Is there any document which will explain me Probability and Combinatrics.?

Check Probability and Combinatorics chapters of Math Book:
math-probability-87244.html
math-combinatorics-87345.html

Hope it helps.

Hi banuel,

Is there any documents where concepts and approach methods of inequalities explained ? I am looking for it for a long time but haven't found one.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
kabilan.K

Solving inequalities:
x2-4x-94661.html#p731476
inequalities-trick-91482.html
data-suff-inequalities-109078.html
range-for-variable-x-in-a-given-inequality-109468.html?hilit=extreme#p873535
everything-is-less-than-zero-108884.html?hilit=extreme#p868863

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS:

Expert Post
Math Expert

Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2013, 00:17
Expert's post
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
Schools: HBS '16
GMAT Date: 11-30-2013
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 238

CAT Tests
Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 01:33
Bunuel wrote:
sandeep800 wrote:
thanx for that bunuel!!wish u could have posted answer instead if links!!we need to connect to net evry time we wanaa see a solution..anyways good doc for P& C

Every question has a detailed solution with answers. So that's not true.

All questions have links to the discussions on Gmat Club forum in case of any questions.

Do You have such collection for Modulus Question?

Like my post Send me a Kudos :) It is a Good manner.

Expert Post
Math Expert

Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations" [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2013, 02:18
Expert's post
honchos wrote:
Bunuel wrote:
sandeep800 wrote:
thanx for that bunuel!!wish u could have posted answer instead if links!!we need to connect to net evry time we wanaa see a solution..anyways good doc for P& C

Every question has a detailed solution with answers. So that's not true.

All questions have links to the discussions on Gmat Club forum in case of any questions.

Do You have such collection for Modulus Question?

Not in such downloadable format.

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS:

Re: Hardest Area Questions: "Probability and Combinations"   [#permalink] 21 Nov 2013, 02:18