Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 05:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Harvard 2+2, Yale Silver Scholars Chances

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Harvard 2+2, Yale Silver Scholars Chances [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2012, 12:37
Hello. I am currently a junior and I am interested in applying for the Yale Silver Scholars Program and Harvard 2+2 Program

Here is my profile:

American citizen from an immigrant family
Top 20 Public State University
Partial Scholarship
GPA: 3.87
GRE: Not taken yet

I created my own individual study major that is focused on global sustainable socio economic development.
I am interested in social entrepreneurship in developing nations and I am particularly interested in the power of business to create
sustainable change in vulnerable communities in Muslim-majority nations.
I am a native English speaker and I can speak French and Urdu and I have a basic understanding of Arabic
Also, I will be learning Swahili my senior year overseas.

Overseas Experience:

Tanzania: lived with HIV infected orphans in an urban slum for two weeks and conducted a research study
Tanzania: coordinated fund raising to purchase a water motor for an irrigation project in a rural farming community
Uganda: spent spring break working on a sustainable development project that involved hygiene systems, water harvesting, & safe/sustainable cooking
Morocco: volunteered with disabled children
Senegal: traveling this upcoming break, will be spending two weeks in a center for orphaned and neglected youth to get a first hand look at the management of a social service center in a developing nation.

Internship Experience:
Department of Justice Part-time job in international anti-corruption and global governance
USAID intern worked with economic development in Afghanistan and Pakistan
International Dev. Finance Internship
Refugee Assistant for International NGO
Fundraiser and social networking assistant for global NGO focused on education and development in Darfur
Summer Fellowship Recipient of minority focused enrichment program in international public service

My initial interests were to work for a few years after college and then apply for a MPA with a focus on international economic development.
Recently, I have learned more and more about the power of social business and I am now really interested in the option of getting an MBA.

Can you please tell me if the Harvard 2+2 program or Yale SS program is a good fit for me and if so what my chances are? Thanks for your help. :-D
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Harvard 2+2, Yale Silver Scholars Chances [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 19:02
Hey!you have a great profile!Which colleges did you get through?
Re: Harvard 2+2, Yale Silver Scholars Chances   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2013, 19:02