Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 22:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 10:03
hbshopeful2015 wrote:
I'm R1 applicant, interviewed then waitlisted.

I didn't get any email or status change at all online. I presume that means I'm still waitlisted. Should I have expected to get an email with an update on my status?

Same situation for me. I assume since I didn't get a phone call, I'm not accepted but will we get an "official" notification via email? I thought those were coming out at 12PM EST with everyone else...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.24
WE: Project Management (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 10:28
lbnyc wrote:
hbshopeful2015 wrote:
I'm R1 applicant, interviewed then waitlisted.

I didn't get any email or status change at all online. I presume that means I'm still waitlisted. Should I have expected to get an email with an update on my status?

Same situation for me. I assume since I didn't get a phone call, I'm not accepted but will we get an "official" notification via email? I thought those were coming out at 12PM EST with everyone else...

I'm in the same boat and called the Admissions office. They confirmed that we are still on the waitlist if we hadn't received any updates on our application and should receive an email later today.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 11:24
KillerApp wrote:
smvalenzuela wrote:
The admitted students site is set and done for the R2 admits, hope to see a good bunch of you joining us in some minutes...

Yup, good luck all! Hope to see the Class of 2015 Facebook group surge in the next few hours/days...

What is the link for the Facebook Class of 2015 site? It's not showing up when I search for it.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 12:19
No phone call yet... based in UK
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: HBS '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 47

Premium Member
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 13:53
I guess now would be a good time to share this: I learned in R1 that there is no significance on who gets a call from whom and when. Don't despair if it takes a few days for someone to call you, and don't think you are any less special if you don't get a call from Dee (think about sheer amount of the time it would take for her to call every single admit). We tend to over-analyze things here...don't...just enjoy the fact that you got in to HBS :)

oh, and don't forget to say hi on the Facebook and LinkedIn groups!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 39

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 14:30
hunterashmore wrote:
I guess now would be a good time to share this: I learned in R1 that there is no significance on who gets a call from whom and when. Don't despair if it takes a few days for someone to call you, and don't think you are any less special if you don't get a call from Dee (think about sheer amount of the time it would take for her to call every single admit). We tend to over-analyze things here...don't...just enjoy the fact that you got in to HBS :)

oh, and don't forget to say hi on the Facebook and LinkedIn groups!

Could you post the link to the linkedin group? Thanks in advance!
Current Student
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 11

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 14:31
Does anyone know if us R2 waitlisters need to indicate an acceptance of our spot on the waitlist? Or is it automatic?
Current Student

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 14:32
Never mind, I found it!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 23:38
poseidon85 wrote:
Does anyone know if us R2 waitlisters need to indicate an acceptance of our spot on the waitlist? Or is it automatic?

It is automatic, if you want to withdraw yourself from the list, you should shoot an e-mail. That's my understanding.
VP
VP
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 443 [0], given: 452

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2013, 23:26
Current Student

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 12:18
Has anyone received the admit package in the mail? What does it contain? Just curious! :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 18:25
Hi guys, needed some financial aid advice. I was fortunate enough to be admitted into Wharton (with ~40% tuition fellowship) and into HBS. From what I can understand, even if I apply for fin aid at HBS right away I won't hear back 3-5 weeks - is that accurate? I am very much leaning toward HBS but am worried because there is a significant amount of $$ involved and Wharton is also actually a great fit for me. Any idea how I can navigate this situation and figure out how to compare my full financial package at both schools - would you suggest I speak with the fin aid office and see what can be done?

Would really appreciate any thoughts!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 30

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2013, 19:17
ps97 wrote:
Hi guys, needed some financial aid advice. I was fortunate enough to be admitted into Wharton (with ~40% tuition fellowship) and into HBS. From what I can understand, even if I apply for fin aid at HBS right away I won't hear back 3-5 weeks - is that accurate? I am very much leaning toward HBS but am worried because there is a significant amount of $$ involved and Wharton is also actually a great fit for me. Any idea how I can navigate this situation and figure out how to compare my full financial package at both schools - would you suggest I speak with the fin aid office and see what can be done?

Whether you are choosing Wharton or HBS, please, notify Sloan today (before the decision release date) that you are no longer interested.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.85
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 00:11
ps97 wrote:

Hey there,
it depends, you can hear from FinAid office sooner - in 1.5-2 weeks. But it was in R1, not sure about their workload right now.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.85

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 14

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 17:50
ps97 wrote:

Hey,

Just go give you a rough idea, if you made ~$65K/year (gross) on average over the last 3 years, you will get somewhere around $25-30K/year in HBS Fellowships. This is a general rule of thumb and will differ (drastically in some cases) for different people. However, if your circumstances are not extremely unique, I think it is safe to expect this range.

This turns out to be more than 50% of tuition each year. Hope this helps!
Current Student

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 05:18
KillerApp wrote:
bluegmat700 wrote:
Has anyone received the admit package in the mail? What does it contain? Just curious! :-D

Just the offer letter and a black binder with a notepad...classy, isnt it?

Thanks! I haven't gotten it yet! I was just curious, I'm also sort of waiting to receive the official letter before I turn down my other acceptances. I heard somewhere that the only binding document is the physical letter not the online one. I guess I'm still internalizing my acceptance; it still feels unreal. :)
Current Student

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 09:09
hunterashmore wrote:
Trust me, it continues to feel unreal after you get the physical letter and binder :)

I wonder then if that feeling continues until the first day of class, or if it still seems unreal until you graduate! :-D
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 08:06
Has anybody submitted the Employment verification form to Re Vera ? Do you receive an email from them acknowledging the receipt of payment ?
Current Student

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 10:55
query007 wrote:
Has anybody submitted the Employment verification form to Re Vera ? Do you receive an email from them acknowledging the receipt of payment ?

I submitted it yesterday, yet I have received no email confirmation yet.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 11:09
bluegmat700 wrote:
query007 wrote:

I submitted it yesterday, yet I have received no email confirmation yet.

Thanks.

Can any R1 admits shed some light on what happens with Employment verification after the form is submitted ?
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2013, 11:09