Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 05:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 67

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 0

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 05:17
harshchamp wrote:
Hi Sandy,

I would be glad if you can give your opinion on my issue.

Thanks for taking out the time.This would be a real help for me.

Call the 3 schools right now just for your peace of mind. It is no big deal to call the adcom office, they have people who answer stuff like this,
and you have a semi legit issue, altho my guess is, you will get some "pro forma" answer. If that happens push back in a nice way and say this is impt to me, have you dealt with 10 systems fr. countries like mine, etc. Just to wake them up to your issue. If their initial answer satisfies you, say thanks. If you cannot get a human being, well, call back later. TODAY a.m. is a great time to call HBS, it is like driving when the weather man predicts snow, everyone is off the roads. Besides, adcoms have done all the brain work on most apps and the intense process is in the hands of IT drones who are uploading the emails, etc.
In general, it helps in cases like this to explain class rank etc in resume or otherplaces in the app, if you can. E.g. those mini essays they give you to explain yyour criminal record and and five years you spent as a drop out. :-)
My guess is, schools are aware of your issues, and given your gmat, will not dismiss your app out of hand on numbers alone. That can happen, see the Poets and Quants article about Inside Rotman adcom, where they in fact do that. http://poetsandquants.com/2013/01/25/ho ... pplicants/ I am not sure which schools do that, but it my guess is, all do in some form. But you would make that cut on GMAT alone. If you send me a resume, hbsguru@gmail.com, I'll let you know if you are in the running at HBS in general.

AskSandy--the HBS guru
http://hbsguru.com
app + essay advice, free profile evaluation
GREAT HBS MOCK INTERVIEW service.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 06:04
I logged into ApplyYourself and saw something interesting there... everything looks the same inside the application, but on the log-out screen it says:

"Successful Logout!

Post Interview Reflection: In-Progress
Application for Admission: Submitted
Submitted Date: xx/xx/2013 xx:xx:xx AM EST"

I haven't seen the post-interview reflection status on there before; it's new for me. Does everyone see this right now or not? Is it just a system error or is this a possible "peek behind the curtain"?
Intern
Intern
Schools: IESE '15 (M)
WE: Consulting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 31

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 06:08
baltimore86 wrote:
I logged into ApplyYourself and saw something interesting there... everything looks the same inside the application, but on the log-out screen it says:

"Successful Logout!

I haven't seen the post-interview reflection status on there before; it's new for me. Does everyone see this right now or not? Is it just a system error or is this a possible "peek behind the curtain"?

Mine's said that since day 1...

check out my blog http://the-sunnier-side.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 06:09
sunshineavenue wrote:
baltimore86 wrote:

"Successful Logout!

ohh.... :(
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 06:11
sunshineavenue wrote:

Hmm... maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Well, we'll know in 3 hours or so...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 06:19
Sandy,can you pleasesend me your e-mail address or contact details?it's for a friend of mine, i'll forward it to him.thanks
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 06:23
2.5 hours to go....

Last edited by stoweker on 07 Feb 2013, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.35

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 06:50
baltimore86 wrote:
sunshineavenue wrote:

Just checked and mine is the same. Anyone else want to confirm?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE: Analyst (Other)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 06:54
whatwasithinking wrote:
baltimore86 wrote:
sunshineavenue wrote:

Just checked and mine is the same. Anyone else want to confirm?

Same. I think we still should wait until the 5pm Greenwich time.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 27

Reviews Badge
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 06:56
Just out of curiosity, how would tardiness of a letter of recommendation affect an application? One of my recommenders thought she had submitted it before going on vacation, but apparently hadn't, so her recommendation wasn't submitted until a week after the deadline. How negatively do you all think this might be viewed?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE: Analyst (Other)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 07:04
chains1910 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how would tardiness of a letter of recommendation affect an application? One of my recommenders thought she had submitted it before going on vacation, but apparently hadn't, so her recommendation wasn't submitted until a week after the deadline. How negatively do you all think this might be viewed?

From Dee's blog:

"We continue to accept recommendations for a day or so after the application submission deadline"

I'm afraid if a recommendation is not submitted at the time an adcom member starts assessing the application - they will evaluate it "as is".
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 27

Reviews Badge
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 07:12
lennoxRU wrote:
chains1910 wrote:

From Dee's blog:

"We continue to accept recommendations for a day or so after the application submission deadline"

I'm afraid if a recommendation is not submitted at the time an adcom member starts assessing the application - they will evaluate it "as is".

Damn that would be an unfortunate situation from which to be disqualified. Especially since that was the recommendation from my current supervisor, and the best written one in my opinion. Oh well, fingers crossed and perhaps we will find out today if it was in fact an issue.

Thanks for the quick feedback!
Intern
Intern
Schools: University of Connecticut - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 07:29
baltimore86 wrote:
sunshineavenue wrote:

Mine has said that since I submitted. I remembering seeing it upon logout after submitting my application.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.73

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 19

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 07:31
chains1910 wrote:
lennoxRU wrote:
chains1910 wrote:

From Dee's blog:

Damn that would be an unfortunate situation from which to be disqualified. Especially since that was the recommendation from my current supervisor, and the best written one in my opinion. Oh well, fingers crossed and perhaps we will find out today if it was in fact an issue.

Thanks for the quick feedback!

I am in a similar situation. My last and the best recommendation was submitted 12 days after the deadline because of certain unforeseen circumstances..
I had written to them about it in an email but did not receive any response..

Certain other reputed universities continue to accept recommendations for approximately 10-12 days after the deadline even when their website says that these should be submitted within a day or two of the application deadline..

I hope HBS also considers such delays..

anyway, let's just wait...

all the best to everyone!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Kellogg '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.89
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 07:33
Logout notice:

Submitted Date: 1/6/2013 6:07:00 AM EST
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 45 [2] , given: 14

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 08:05
This post received
KUDOS
Just under an hour to go until wave 1 of invites go out... Best of luck everyone and I can't wait to see many of you on campus!

If you're fortunate enough to get an invite, please consider purchasing the Unofficial HBS Interview Guide! http://www.hbsinterview.com

About a quarter of all first round interviewees used it and told us how helpful it was. Plus it supports the Harbus Foundation and our student paper so it's for a good cause.

FindIt - http://www.getfindit.com

My blog - http://www.shoescount.com

1 KUDOS received
Chat Moderator
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 600 Q V
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 16

Premium Member
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 08:05
This post received
KUDOS
If you're feeling anxious, feel free to join and chat throughout the decision process!

Chat with us at http://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Good luck!

Heads down, stay focused, ignore the noise

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.6
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 5

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 08:30
This post received
KUDOS
Honestly I applied to Harvard as a longshot. I would go bananas if I got an invite!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 1

Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 08:36
This post received
KUDOS
peeweeninja wrote:
Honestly I applied to Harvard as a longshot. I would go bananas if I got an invite!

Lets all go banana then, all what I care about is to get an invite regardless if it is a longshot r not. best of luck
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 27

Reviews Badge
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 08:43
This post received
KUDOS
peeweeninja wrote:

Haha I'm right there with you.
Re: Harvard 2013 (HBS) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 30 Jan 2013, 08:43