Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:26 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V35
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 3: 690 Q45 V39
GMAT 4: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS '16 (WL)
GRE 1: Q165 V165
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Harvard (HBS) - Calling all WAITLISTED applicants - 2016 [#permalink]
R3 WLister here - I did not hear anything on Friday
I'm going to send a note reaffirming my interest.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I guess we can expect some offers or rejections in the next 48h, given June 1st deadline...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I heard there has been no movement on my app since I'm R3 - doesn't make too much sense to me. But at least I know they have not forgotten about me.

for the releases/confirmation last week - did they give a heads up they would be doing this or did you just see the email at 12.00 noon
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HBSR3 wrote:
I heard there has been no movement on my app since I'm R3 - doesn't make too much sense to me. But at least I know they have not forgotten about me.

for the releases/confirmation last week - did they give a heads up they would be doing this or did you just see the email at 12.00 noon

There was no heads up... I nearly got an heart attack when I saw the email. :) Maybe you will be a candidate for the summer wait list? Are you living close to Boston? Just speculating.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Im also on the waitlist and havent heard anything since confirming my desire to remain on the list last week. I sure hope they stick with the June 1 deadline. This wait is extremely distracting at work.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rdtz007 wrote:
Im also on the waitlist and havent heard anything since confirming my desire to remain on the list last week. I sure hope they stick with the June 1 deadline. This wait is extremely distracting at work.

I never understood why the deadline is on a Sunday... do you expect any communication on the weekend or will the waiting (most likely) be over today?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dudedude wrote:
rdtz007 wrote:

I never understood why the deadline is on a Sunday... do you expect any communication on the weekend or will the waiting (most likely) be over today?

I hope today but based on how they have gone about it so far I have no clue.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dudedude wrote:
HBSR3 wrote:

There was no heads up... I nearly got an heart attack when I saw the email. :) Maybe you will be a candidate for the summer wait list? Are you living close to Boston? Just speculating.

I live in the mid-west. I wasn't aware there would be '2' waitlists. oh well.
Wondering if I will hear anything with the rest of R1/R2 WListers today or Monday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HBSR3 wrote:

I live in the mid-west. I wasn't aware there would be '2' waitlists. oh well.
Wondering if I will hear anything with the rest of R1/R2 WListers today or Monday.

Not sure about this... I was just thinking about how I would manage this. If I had a previous wait list of - let's say - 200 people and only could admit 20 by June 1st and would like to have another pool from which I can admit in summer, in case people withdraw last minute, I would do the following thing:
- Shortlist 30-40 people which I would consider to admit by June 1st -> make sure that they are still interested (yield management) -> Select the lucky 20 out of the ones still interested
- Make a second list with people that are fairly flexible (e.g., a Government employee or Chinese student will most likely not be able to attend if I admit him in July/August) for the summer wait list
- Release the rest
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Long time reader, finally posting

So I am a WLer who didn't hear anything today. I'm wondering if maybe the amount of people accepted from the WL was pretty small (somewhat below the 20) and maybe these people aren't on this forum. Also, the Hbs Facebook group has had movement. The group says when people joined and some have joined within the last two weeks.

This wait is crushing...I'm constantly refreshing my app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R985 wrote:
Long time reader, finally posting

So I am a WLer who didn't hear anything today. I'm wondering if maybe the amount of people accepted from the WL was pretty small (somewhat below the 20) and maybe these people aren't on this forum. Also, the Hbs Facebook group has had movement. The group says when people joined and some have joined within the last two weeks.

This wait is crushing...I'm constantly refreshing my app

crushing indeed R985... It would be the first time in a couple of years when nobody on this forum is exposed to one of the waitlist changes though. Reading prior years, and so far this year, there's always somebody getting an offer or released. There's a first for everything, but I doubt it in this case.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone heard anything? The June 1 deadline during the weekend seemed unrealistic, but I wonder if anyone heard something. The last update said that they were letting in 20 people or so, does that mean that by now we're released?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My thought is notifications will go out today at noon.
best of luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HBSR3 wrote:
My thought is notifications will go out today at noon.
best of luck to all!

Is that based on any kind of evidence or just your best guess?

By the way, are we waiting for a call or an email? Is there any historical evidence?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sorry no, just my best guess. I suppose someone could be brave and say I didn't hear anything Jun 1! Maybe you will get a more up to date 'date' then. From what I've seen on this thread and elsewhere, admits get a call, people being released get an email.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anyone receive anything? I haven't received anything yet and my app has not been updated. I wonder what's going on...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Popescu wrote:
Did anyone receive anything? I haven't received anything yet and my app has not been updated. I wonder what's going on...

you can always email the WL mgr directly - I did and I got an update. You would have good cause, they said Jun 1 and Jun 1 has passed.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts